Ruling Swift vs. Metal Energies

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
a question about metal energies... if somebody uses swift or something that says 'not affected by any other effects on that Pokémon', and the pokemon has a metal energy attached, is that counted as an effect?(i.e. the damage would not be reduced.)

The damage is not reduced. Swift-like attacks get past EVERYTHING, so poke-powers, poke-bodies, metal energy, agility/sandstorm-like attacks, attack effects are cancelled for swift.

yes it is as long its not Dark Metal, Rainbow etc.

it would add the damage if you were Dark Metal, wouldn't it? if a dark pokemon with a dark energy attached used swift that usually did 30 it would do 40 instead, right?

RE:  Swift vs. Metal Energies

astral_boy said:
it would add the damage if you were Dark Metal, wouldn't it? if a dark pokemon with a dark energy attached used swift that usually did 30 it would do 40 instead, right?
Dark Metal energy doesnt add or reduce any damage. It simply provides energy, that is all.

Swift only cancels out effects on the Defending Pokemon. Any effects which are applied to your active pokemon still happen. So yes, Dark energy adds an extra 10 damage if it's a dark pokemon since it's an effect on you, not the Defending pokemon.

ooh, ok. i thought Jade meant that if the attacking pokemon was Dark/Metal type.

My bad. :s

thank you, btw. :)

Back