• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard SwellBats (Swellow / Crobat)

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, I've recently come into a playset of LaserBank on PTCGO and as a result I was finally able to somewhat craft a rough draft of this deck idea. Recently I realized that Swellow AT isn't a terrible attacker when paired with other damage sources, namely Bats and LaserBank. As a result, it could theoretically sweep the field for 2-3 Prizes when momentum is in your favor.

Pokemon: 14
  • 1 Shaymin EX ROS
  • 3 Taillow XY
  • 3 Swellow AT
  • 2 Zubat PHF
  • 2 Golbat PHF
  • 2 Crobat PHF
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 1 Repeat Ball
  • 2 Roller Skates
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 N
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Muscle Band
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

The general goal of this deck is to stack as much damage onto the board for Swellow AT to be able to pick up 2-3 Prizes in one turn at a time. Unfortunately I don't own many copies of Crobat PHF or Shaymin EX ROS, so most of the draw power comes from supporters and a heavy focus on item draw.

Muscle Band is ran over Silver Bangle because Swellow's base attacks - 30 2[C] and 50 3[C] - aren't enough to knock out some standard non-EX basics. As a result, Muscle Band is less situational than Bangle.

Issues:

Mulligans. Through my brief testing on PTCGO, I managed to get a 7 Mulligan chain and then led with 2 Zubats.

Additionally, I've been having problems drawing into pieces that I need; namely the Bats or the Swellow.

Any help would be much appreciated, and please excuse how sloppy this deck may seem, I'm months out of practice in this regard. ^^;

Back