SV in Stores

Mapleboy86

Chuck Norris can touch MC Hammer
How soon do you guys think SV will be in stores like Target or a league in a populated place like the Twin Cities?

Seth1789110

Dreamers had a few boxes this past saturday, so they definetely have them now. Target has them, Misty prolly has them, I assume the source,outpost 2000 also carry them. Target fo sho tho.

Seth1789110

The set came out today. A friend works there, and he says they sometimes have the set out 2 days b4 its released. It should be there. Remember, PM meh what you get.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
I was told it would be out in stores at or around August 19th, so yeah, it's out.
Which technically makes the 22nd/23rd no longer technically a "prerelease weekend". =P

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Wouldn't that just simply be "postrelease"?

nardd

yes please
It's not 100% certain. I have had to wait 2 or 3 days for the newest set to be out on the shelves after the official release date. Whether or not the Target I went to actually HAD them or not is in question, but sometimes they take a little while to shelve them, unfortunately.

You could call wherever you go to look for them, but don't always expect an informed answer about the "newest Pokemon set" from some random person that answers the phone.

Assuming your league place is in a card shop and they regularly stock pokemon, they should definitely have them. They would be worth the call to check, though, if it's kinda far away. This place would be more likely to have them stocked than Target or Walmart would.

Good luck!

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
Seth1789110 said:
yeah, but saying it this way makes them feel stupid for organizing a PRE-release after the release of the set.

Yep. Ours is Thursday :( I'm still going because I'm that desperate to play the game.

Seth1789110

yeah, this set is gunna have some game-breakers. Garchomp is SP's best friend, Relicanth is Machamp's fish friend, Blaziken finally takes the spotlight from its same-typed generation rival Infernape, not to mention Absol, and other cards.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
It officially came out today and they had them when I went to league so I bought 4.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just got home from Wal-mart. Nothing. I am going to Target tomorrow.

J

Juliacoolo

Usually, at least in the mid-west, new sets don't reach commercial super-franchises till a couple weeks after it's released. Your best bid is at gaming stores.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Went to K-mart yesterday(Thursday the 20th) and nothing. Kmart tends to be late, but I bet target will have them already. (Problem is, Kmart is the only place selling any cards close enough for me to scooter to)

Jace

Aspiring Trainer
Meaty said:
Went to K-mart yesterday(Thursday the 20th) and nothing. Kmart tends to be late, but I bet target will have them already. (Problem is, Kmart is the only place selling any cards close enough for me to scooter to)

I went on the 19th and target was a no-go.

Secretsof2113

Blackstar
Our Wal Mart had them on the 18th. I'm not sure about target though. The tins are supposed to be released today, so I'm heading over there after lunch to see if they have them.

qnetykz

Q, Team GG's Rogue Squad Leader
most super chains around here had them on the release date...all hobby shops I go to had them