Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

There's still room for 4, so if we do get more characters, 4 would be the number. We've seen King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Wolf trophies, so those are definitely out, which leaves Lucas, Mewtwo, Chorus kids, Ice Climbers, Isaac and perhaps Ridley (and maybe others I'm not thinking of).

But that doesn't matte. Who cares? What does matter is that we know all of Jigglypuff's alternative costumes and she has her ribbon back! Oh glorious day!

tumblr_nbsse0Rppv1rwcqrdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbsse0Rppv1rwcqrdo1_1280.jpg
<3

PMJ said:
So I've read word that the reason the roster looks incomplete is because right now it is. The remaining characters require linking up with the Wii U version to unlock, and the characters we have now is all we're going to get until the Wii U version comes out. Then the characters will be unlocked on both versions and the roster will be truly complete.

So that means if Mewtwo is in the game we are basically scewed unless we have a Wii U and that version as well right? Great That means that I will not be able to get the 4 remaining characters if I don't have a Wii U. I know someone that has a Wii U but he is out of town for about another 14 months or so and I am not sure if he will get the Wii U version.:) Thanks for the info man.:)

The roster is complete right now, the 48/53ish people in the game currently is all we get. The rumor of the linking up may be true as this leaker did get information right in the past. I doubt its real to be honest, I want mewtwo in the game terribly, but ridley? That will never happen. We will find out when the Wii U version is out I guess.

I don't get why people think Ridley being in the game is too weird. Bowser has been shown to be anywhere from around Mario's height to friggin enormous, so whatever haters.

Heavenly Spoon said:
But that doesn't matte. Who cares? What does matter is that we know all of Jigglypuff's alternative costumes and she has her ribbon back! Oh glorious day!

tumblr_nbsse0Rppv1rwcqrdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbsse0Rppv1rwcqrdo1_1280.jpg
<3

Awwwww yiss. Time to beat down the competition as a pink puffball with a bow. Even better than the bonnet!

I've been sitting on IGN looking for a working code and been getting nothing but codes taken from me at the last second ; - ;
I just want to get the demo do play with my friends who left me out q - q
Anyway, I really like how Jigglypuff and Pikachu have the nurse Joy hat and a backwards cap. I kinda wish Lucario had cooler colors like in Brawl though..

I mentioned that I had codes in an IGN comments thread...

Pretty much immediately I got flooded with 7 or so responses asking me to give them the code.

Anyway, the demo is quite fun. I was skeptical of both portable Smash and Mega Man, but both are quite interesting! I encourage anyone here who is considering holding back to get the 3DS version as well. The lack of a c-stick isn't as big of a deal as I expected.

Ridley can't be much different than Charizard if you think about it since they are both Dragons. Ridley is a full dragon but Charizard is a lizard/dragon so there are similarities between the 2 characters and they would also have a similar move set as well. Ridley would be a great addition to the Smash bros games actually. I don't know why they have not done that yet after all this time. Ridley should have been in Melee but that never happened. Ridley is the master dragon of the Metroid games so I wonder why they have not considered Ridley to use as a character or even be a boss.:)

Naked Snake said:
I makes me wanna cry seeing that Lucas is probably not coming back.

You hear the rumor about how some characters and stages are unlocked on Wii U but not 3DS but can be on both once you connect to the other system?

xxashxx said:
Ridley can't be much different than Charizard if you think about it since they are both Dragons. Ridley is a full dragon but Charizard is a lizard/dragon so there are similarities between the 2 characters and they would also have a similar move set as well. Ridley would be a great addition to the Smash bros games actually. I don't know why they have not done that yet after all this time. Ridley should have been in Melee but that never happened. Ridley is the master dragon of the Metroid games so I wonder why they have not considered Ridley to use as a character or even be a boss.:)

That's like comparing a Persian cat to a lion since they're both felines. Ridley has been shown as a stage boss for Wii U when Sakurai said we'll see other characters as bosses too. Not only that, but Ridley's too damn big to be a playable character. The only reason Ridley's not playable in any gaames is due to his size. you'll have better luck getting Golurk or something. No offense, but when people say Ridley should/needs to be in Smash and it'd be a perfect fit, it seems like people just use the excuses like "Oh, it can be a Charizard clone", "Charizard's a dragon too!", and "Bowser and Ganondorf are villains too!" but it's his size. Imagine them putting in Groudon or Dyna-Bird all shrunken down. They're the same case. Too big and better for an Assist Trophy, Stage Boss, or part of a Final smash.

Ridley's sprite can be made smaller XD. All they have to do is zoom the sprite inward so it is smaller and he will fit to be playable. How can you not make a character fit? You can make anything fit if you shrink the sprite size.:)

Another thing I dislike is when people call 3D models sprites... That's like calling a sculpture a painting... Also simply enlarging or shrinking a 3D model or sprite doesn't solve it. At all. But, no offense, I just don't think people will understand since most pro-Ridleys kinda give lame arguments that usually result in flame wars...

Anyway, if it was a sprite, then it'd just make it look like hard to tell wtf it is colors and pixels. If it was a 3D model, it'd just make it look really awkward with something clearly designed to be big, and always being big, now being so small and such. Trust me, it would be really awkward and goofy to see such an intimidating and fierce boss become the size of Samus or Link suddenly. I understand a lot of people want Ridley, but you guys gotta actually consider all the things the devs would have to try to work around and the results before getting mad that they didn't like they were lazy. It's similar with Ganondorf's sword. His sword is so big that it'd end up not always being able to be running around with him since it could end up lowering frame rate a bit, most likely. They might've been able to add it if Smash 4 was Wii U only or if they just had a few sword moves, but... You basically gotta look at it like a dev.

People are so mad for a code that they even pay D:

And when someone says "I have X number of codes" in less than 5 seconds there are around 7 replies.
EDIT: In the IGN post.

I want a code ;-;

Chocolate Death said:
Another thing I dislike is when people call 3D models sprites... That's like calling a sculpture a painting... Also simply enlarging or shrinking a 3D model or sprite doesn't solve it. At all. But, no offense, I just don't think people will understand since most pro-Ridleys kinda give lame arguments that usually result in flame wars...

Anyway, if it was a sprite, then it'd just make it look like hard to tell wtf it is colors and pixels. If it was a 3D model, it'd just make it look really awkward with something clearly designed to be big, and always being big, now being so small and such. Trust me, it would be really awkward and goofy to see such an intimidating and fierce boss become the size of Samus or Link suddenly. I understand a lot of people want Ridley, but you guys gotta actually consider all the things the devs would have to try to work around and the results before getting mad that they didn't like they were lazy. It's similar with Ganondorf's sword. His sword is so big that it'd end up not always being able to be running around with him since it could end up lowering frame rate a bit, most likely. They might've been able to add it if Smash 4 was Wii U only or if they just had a few sword moves, but... You basically gotta look at it like a dev.
I'm indifferent to a Ridley inclusion, but the size argument is pretty much moot considering he was almost Samus-sized in the Melee intro. It'd be weird to tease him as the Pyrosphere boss and then include him as a playable character, though. We'll see.

I'm calling an end to a potential Ridley inclusions discussion now because I know these things can get heated and tend to become as big as Ridley. If Sakurai really wants him in, he'll find a way, if he doesn't, he won't be in, there's no point arguing about it now.

Also, someone found an Ice Climbers and Mewtwo trophy, so there might not even be any DLC at all. Or Sakurai included trophies of DLC characters to throw us off. Who knows?

Heavenly Spoon said:
Also, someone found an Ice Climbers and Mewtwo trophy, so there might not even be any DLC at all. Or Sakurai included trophies of DLC characters to throw us off. Who knows?

I think it maybe Sakurai trying to throw off the fanbase and that Ice Climbers and/or Mewtwo will be in the game. Only time will tell.

Haven't read up at all so I don't know if anyone has said this already, but considering each person gets an extra 3 codes it would be great if anyone can PM someone a code that asks for one. Selling codes is wrong in my opinion, but hey whatever floats your boat. I for one, am in desperate need of a code, so one would be much appreciated :p thanks!

I just got an UK code. If anyone is willing to trade for US code, PM me. Or if you just want to give me a code that would be cool too so I could just giveaway an EU code.

I just read up on what these codes were. Nintendo is master troll. Obligatory request for NA code.

Back