Help Super Scoop Up clairification

EHLERZ5

Aspiring Trainer
New to the website... it's got info I need as a returning player from back in the Lv.X days. Teaching my 10 year old nephew who wants to play in tournaments.

If I have a Basic pokemon on my bench. I hit a Super Scoop Up roll to pick up my Active pokemon who has an evolution for my basic on my bench. I know I'm able to move my Basic up to active and use that Evolution and even an energy that I scooped up.

If the Evolution card has an attack that says it can add damage or an effect by switching from Bench to Active, if I move that basic up, then Evolve him.... Can I still get that extra damage or effect when I attack? Or is it "legal" to put the evolution on the benched basic, then move it up, and get the extra goods? Or is there no way to get the extra? Just want to make sure my nephew doesn't hurt himself with the wrong movement in a tournament.

Thank you in advance.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
No, you do not get the damage buff from moving to the Active Spot if it evolved after moving there. Once evolved, it is considered a "new" Pokemon. So it had never moved from the bench to Active as that evolved Pokemon.

It is also not legal to Super Scoop Up and then play any of the picked up cards until after you have promoted a Pokemon into the Active Spot.

The only way to get the damage buff in your situation is after you successfully Super Scoop Up, you promote a different Pokemon to the Active Spot, evolve the benched Pokemon, retreat/switch the Active into that benched Pokemon.