Super Rod's correct translation is Night Maintenance.

Jahikoi

Aspiring Trainer
As I expected, the Super Rod was mistranslated, but it's now fixed.

The correct translation:

Super Rod - Trainer

Search your discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards. Show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Night Maintenance was the best recovery card ever printed except for that one from one of the FRLG sets which looked like a vaccuum cleaner. This certainly outclasses flower shop lady... Synergizes well with Juniper, Sages, Junk Arm...

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Very glad that this is back just as the future looked grim. Oh, how I've missed it. The consistency and helpfulness is incredible!

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yay! No more stupid Flower Shop Lady! I hated wasted my supporter for a turn on that. I'm glad they realized we need more recovery cards.

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Mudkip said:
Yay! No more stupid Flower Shop Lady! I hated wasted my supporter for a turn on that. I'm glad they realized we need more recovery cards.

Now all we need is pokemon rescue. (I wish)

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Revive is still OK, but it's for a basic and goes straight to the Bench.

Jahikoi

Aspiring Trainer
The best part about this card over flower shop lady is that you aren't forced to put 3 energy into your deck. That bit screws up a lot of decks which rely on energy being discarded. Also, you aren't forced to put your killed cleffas back in if you want to get back a junipered emboar...

Xdog

Pokemon X(dog) and Y
Me gusta <3

Night maintenance was probably my most staple card when I first started, I missed it so much. This makes me so excited. Flower shop lady has messed me up so often....

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
This card is absolutely amazing, and better than Energy Retrieval 100%.

2 Energies < Up to 3 of Pokemon/Energy

:D

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Energy Retrieval has it's niche. It can combo well with Emboar. Whether Emboar will actually stay good...well that's what the future could hold.

I loved Night Maintenance. It's one of the best recovery cards, if not the best I've seen in my time actively playing the TCG. I am very glad it's returning.

dmaster out.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I like Rescue Energy better than Super Rod, at least you save
slots for Trainers to run like (GASP!) Pokemon Catcher...

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This doesn't take up a lot of room. ._.

It's not like you have to play recovery in the same amounts as Collector or Catcher...besides, Junk Arm can already reuse it. People fit it in decks before, even one copy goes a surprising long way.

Rescue Energy is somewhat flawed. Yes, you get the whole line to your hand, but you get no Energy and it costs as an attachment. And is gotten around damage counters and such.

dmaster out.

Ghost Bear

Eat work. Crap money.
Darkvoid57 said:
This card is absolutely amazing, and better than Energy Retrieval 100%.

2 Energies < Up to 3 of Pokemon/Energy

:D

remember, retrieval puts the 2 directly to your hand. this you'd put into your deck and would have to get it back out somehow.

if my deck needed energies from discard I'll use retrieval but if it needs pokemon I'll use super rod....just depends on what deck I'm running. very excited about this though

Tiftonhotchild

The one and Only....
^ Agreed putting cards in your hand is completely different than putting them in your deck, as long as emboar stays good retrieval will still continued to be used

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
^yup

Besides, there is nothing with keeping Energy Retrieval around in other decks. It's incredibly useful if you need to have 2 energy ASAP and can't draw into them - and in this format, searching for energy is a nightmare.

I'm not saying Super Rod is bad - far from it, I welcome it with open arms (and will be using my Neo Super Rods for lulz, just so long as I have a ref), but to say it will kick out Retrieval is a bit of a stretch.

nnaann

Aspiring Trainer
Night Maintenance > Flower Shop Lady most of the time. My only worry is that Pokemon Catcher will probably increase the play that Vileplume sees, and that's not good news if you're relying on Night Maintenance for recovery.

Jahikoi

Aspiring Trainer
If your opponent is playing vileplume, the problem will be getting pokemon out - not recovering.

nnaann

Aspiring Trainer
Decks will adapt to it, so that isn't really a problem. Right now, no one seems to care much about Vileplume. We run 3-1-3 Stage 2 lines, Professor Elm's Training Method is non existent, and without trainers a lot of decks are crippled. If Vileplume does become popular, it will just mean adding more Pokemon search in the form of Supporters, running more Stage 1s and just being able to set up without trainers.