• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Super Consistent Zoroark-GX/Golispod-GX Deck

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Hey Guys, yeah I might have clickbaited you but whatever, I was testing some different decks and I thought, hey why don't I build a Zoroark GX/Golisopod GX deck for my league (Expanded), and I decided to make the list as consistent as possible and made this list. The list I made turned out being very consistent/fast and I wanted to see what you guys thought, so here's the list:

Pokemon: 15

4x Zoroark GX (SHL)
4x Zorua (SHL)
2x Golisopod GX (BUS)
2x Wimpod (BUS)
1x Tapu Koko (Promo)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GAR)

Trainers: 37

3x Professor Sycamore (BP)
3x N (FCO)
3x Guzma (BUS)
3x Acerola (BUS)
1x Mallow (GAR)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

3x Ultra Ball (SUM)
1x Master Ball (Ace Spec)
4x VS Seeker
2x Evosoda
2x Enhanced Hammer (GAR)
2x Field Blower (GAR)
2x Rescue stretcher (GAR)

3x Choice Band (GAR)
3x Float Stone (BTH)

Energy: 8

4x Double Colorless Energy (SUM)
4x Grass Energy

So again, this deck is built for my local league where there is no night march or Vespiquen (Except 4 my Vespi) so I don't play any Oricorio and with this I am kind of just hoping to turn 2 swing with Goli or Zoroark for 120 for quick KO's and I only play a 3-3 split of Acerolas and Guzmas because I play 4 VS Seeker and I think that this could have potential for the Expanded format.

Thank you for your time :)

-Biffthepotato

Last edited:
Just take out VS Seekers for Puzzles and you would have made it standard, so if Night March and Vespiqueen is what you are worried about, just play standard, or tech an oricorio, say putting it in for say a rescue stretcher.

Hi @Rezolution,

The reason why this is expanded is because, at my league, there are expanded tornoments every month so I just wanted to use the advantage of being able to use VS seeker in this deck, and it really helps you be able to spam Acerolas and Guzmas after you set up a couple of Zoroarks. The reason why I don’t play Puzzles is because I don’t have any :( and I actually really like the VS seekers. I’m not really scared of Night March but I was just explaining why I didn’t have an Oricorio.

Hi @Ecko9i6,

I really don’t care do stop trying to ruin my dreams.

Ah, that makes every thing clear, and if that's the case, then I would consider adding a few one offs like Hex or other one offs. I would also consider playing sky field and having the ability to hit for 180 w/o choice band or 210 with it, but it requires a completely different deck structure and I really don't know the expanded meta so don't take my words for granted.

A copy of Hex Maniac might be handy - unless you are a 100% sure that no one is going to Hoopa/Alolan Ninetales stall you. But it can be useful against some other ability heavy decks too.

Also, if you don't play any Puzzles I think you should include 1 Special Charge.

Last edited:
Hi @Rezolution.

Yeah I was thinking of making the deck with sky field but then I thought of just making it as consistent as possible.

Hi @Wechselbalg.

I did want to put in Hex but there isn't any Ninetales or Hoopa at my league and if there was, I would take out a E Hammer, and about the special charge, I don't have 1 of those either but I find I never run out of energy and attackers.

Hey Guys, yeah I might have clickbaited you but whatever, I was testing some different decks and I thought, hey why don't I build a Zoroark GX/Golisopod GX deck for my league (Expanded), and I decided to make the list as consistent as possible and made this list. The list I made turned out being very consistent/fast and I wanted to see what you guys thought, so here's the list:

Pokemon: 15

4x Zoroark GX (SHL)
4x Zorua (SHL)
2x Golisopod GX (BUS)
2x Wimpod (BUS)
1x Tapu Koko (Promo)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GAR)

Trainers: 37

3x Professor Sycamore (BP)
3x N (FCO)
3x Guzma (BUS)
3x Acerola (BUS)
1x Mallow (GAR)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
4x VS Seeker
2x Evosoda
2x Enhanced Hammer (GAR)
2x Field Blower (GAR)
2x Rescue stretcher (GAR)

3x Choice Band (GAR)
3x Float Stone (BTH)

Energy: 8

4x Double Colorless Energy (SUM)
4x Grass Energy

So again, this deck is built for my local league where there is no night march or Vespiquen (Except 4 my Vespi) so I don't play any Oricorio and with this I am kind of just hoping to turn 2 swing with Goli or Zoroark for 120 for quick KO's and I only play a 3-3 split of Acerolas and Guzmas because I play 4 VS Seeker and I think that this could have potential for the Expanded format.

Thank you for your time :)

-Biffthepotato
Personally in Zoro decks, I would swap Sycamore for Cynthia as you often have lots of cards in your hand

I'll think about it but I again love Sycamore because it draws you more cards and can help you set up and after you set up, you kinda just spam Acerola's and Guzma's mid to late game.

The deck honestly only needs 1 Sycamore. 4 Trades, 4 VS Seekers, and access to Colress is way too strong to pass up. Exeggcute from PLF essentially makes your Trades free and Hex isn't for Hoopa/Ninetales at all. It's for Zoroark, Archiestoise, Night March, Sevipers and Sudowoodo. You NEED an Ace Spec in expanded. Comp. Search, Dowsing, even Master Ball are all worth finding space for. Your supporter count is really high for expanded, since again, VS Seeker is a card. You should also be playing Puzzles in any Zoroark variant, since that makes the deck that much more consistent and fuel-efficient. There are a lot of cutable cards for 4 Puzzle, since you don't need super high copies of certain cards. Also, without Sudowoodo, you autoloss to LonZoroark. They outdamage you, outpace your Golisopods, and shut you down with Hex and Sudowoodo. Consistency isn't really a problem for the deck, it just takes L's to LonZoro, Gardy, Turbo Turtles(which is bad), and Landorus/Buzzwole/Wide Lens.

Hi, I don’t have eggs or colresses so RIP but I don’t know y I’m not playing master ball so I’ll add that in and I’m the only one at my league (Juniors and Seniors) who has the stuff 4 Zoroark Lycanroc so that’s not a problem and this deck was just to wreck people at my league so I’m not that worried about most of the decks you listed that I can Counter with Hex (except 4 Zoroark variants like GoliArck but I can out speed my opponent most of the time) so that’s why there’s no Hex.

Thanks 4 replying though :)

Back