Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorrow!

masterryanx

N
Awesome English names... Weavile's name is a lot closer to Sneasel than I thought it would be. And I completely saw Mime Jr. coming...

About the tid bit of 8th movie news. Many other sites have been reporting a Region 4 release of August 16th, where's the date for the US?? And about the movie artwork... I've seen the one with the Regi's everywhere but something tells me it's not the cover they'll be using... I haven't seen that other one with Lucario and Aaron anywhere though (BTW WPM you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that would you by any chance because it's really blurry and small), and as for the cover on the front page, I don't think it's a movie cover, but it appears to be the cover of the Chaung Yi Manga adaptaion for the 8th movie as they always have to Pokemon logo in Red for some reason... And I'm glad the two TCG binders are back again becuase they were gone for while, I hope I can get enough money to snag them both before it's too late. ><

Kaito

Aspiring Trainer
Hiya,

Have the strategist been forgotten...? >.>
It's already been a week, no article we written...And no new tasks...

Hmm...Anyways...Weavile is quite interesting name. Mime Jr. is expected.
Yay~! We can see Regirock tomorrow!!

cya.

Abhorsen

Offically retired
RE: Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorro

I like the name Weavile. It's better than what I thought it would come out as. Mime Jr. was expected, except thought it was Jr.Mime but meh, same thing. Looks like they only need to fully confirm the 3 most recently revealed pokemon and we could probably expect some more screenshots and more D/P info to come soon.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
RE: Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorro

Mime Jr sounds ok, which is great (the thing's useless anyways -_-). Weavile? What the heck are they smoking?! It's a *tad* close to 'Weevil' (or however you spell it) for starters...

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
wow, busy day, nice to have the names
I would rather have a cover based on Mew, but yeah, whatever, big chance that I'll have to wait for a year until I find it by accident (like I did with all the other movies)
and I hope that you find that disc, cause I would really like to see the episode :p

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
RE:  Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorrow!

DragonMaster said:
I can understand Weavile but Mime jr. ??!!
what's not to understand, mr.mime ... baby version... junior...mime jr. (duh)
both names are logical
weavel sounds like sneasel
mime jr. sounds like mr. mime

cabby2

Aspiring Trainer
Finally!!!!! We at long last know the official english names of these 2 pokemon. I was never expecting to see Weavile as Manyula's english name. Mime Jr.? Nintendo of America and Pokemon USA, Inc. could of thought of a better english name for it, but oh well. I hope you find your On Cloud Arcanine disk so that everyone on the forums can watch it.

Osiris' Prophet

Aspiring Trainer
Weavile - Close to sneasel, Ie Weasel. Vile, as in evil or tainted. I'm pretty impressed with the name the more I think about it.

Larsson

Aspiring Trainer
RE:  Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomorrow!

Osiris' Prophet said:
Weavile - Close to sneasel, Ie Weasel. Vile, as in evil or tainted. I'm pretty impressed with the name the more I think about it.

Good explanation, good for us who are not native english speaking.
Question: When do we get to see the lovely Mrs. Mime?! ;)

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Hmm... Weavile.... Sounds like a type of strange insect, not a little rat thing.... I wish that it had a sort of Aztec name, because it looks like one of those South American gods.... Oh well. Man, I could swear I've heard the name Weavile somewhere else before...

Mime Jr.... I like Jr. Mime better. It would make more sense, as Mr. Mime has the title at the beginning, not the end. Oh well again. At least it's not something like Baby Bouncer or Cubbibu... (don't know where I came up witn those).

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Sunday, 5/28, New English Names, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Info, Eps tomor

Larsson said:
Osiris' Prophet said:

Good explanation, good for us who are not native english speaking.
Question: When do we get to see the lovely Mrs. Mime?! ;)
Mr. Mime is both Mr. Mime and Mrs. Mime.