Sunday, 11/26, PCG: DP Scans and Translations - More to Come!

ZZZAPDOS

Z-Unit
I like the way all of those cards look!
I was worried because I heard they were all supposed to have delta species holofoil, but they don't.

And Dodaitose looks pretty cool. Also, the whole using attacks from pre levels thing is neat.

Suraako

Elemental Master
If I'm interpreting that Lvl. X rule correctly, it has a built-in Super-Memory Berry? Does that mean ALL lower stages' Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies are still in effect and ALL lower stages' attacks are usable? Or is it just the Stage 2 under it? Looks like the game is gonna change quite a bit.

And yay, finally we learn about Power Keepers! It's funny how even PTO's have to come to Pokebeach to learn about the next set.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
wow, monkey lvX must have the worst effect EVER
anyhow, the energyless-attack babies seem interesting, at least if they have a decent attack, maybe this will be the 2nd kind of playable basics
graphics look nice, rapidash look freaky

chazmander

No-Face
being able to use stage 2 and level X attacks is going to be great. i think because of this a lot of pokemon that can be 'leveled up' are going to have a lot less attacks but when added to their level X ones will have a fair amount.

bacon

!!!!!
Fire monkey does have a mental attack, no matter what the effect. However, for a lvl X, 120 hp seems to be very low, and considering the huge firepower these new cards seem to have, it won't last long.

The new cards look brill though ^-^;

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
WHAT THE <censored> 150 FOR 2!?!?!?!?! ALTARIA 'D' EX ANYBODY?

*calms down*

It's cool how they pop out like that, the cards. The monkey is too broken. Even if it can't attack next turn. It's broken.

Please do not bypass the censors; those words are not allowed on this site for a reason. ~DRK176

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Goukazaru Lv.X is not Pokémon-ex, Altaria ex δ won't work on him. :/

ZZZAPDOS

Z-Unit
Tomokazu Komiya said:
^ Obviously there's a negative side effect. Idiot.

Very spiffy way of viewing the scans. Impressed me.
Of course I know there's a negative side effect. I just said two for 150 was huge.

JPO

Super King - the best of the 3
the damage form death monkey too huge though!
Even if it's discrad all enrgies and take damge, its still broken!
free retreat cost and only worth a prize...ooh eck..
completelye anihalate the active, take damage, loose all energies..it doesnt matter..retreat and power him up on the bench fro another shot! even if he musters 2 shots, its still worth it!
i fear for our poor ex's...

Waliken

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's been said that these cards CAN coincide with the current ones, but is it possible that D/P is its own game(as in a new TCG)?

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Fire Monkey Lvl.X is a little... interesting. Yes 150 for RR looks extremely broken but take a look at the text. Not only does it involve fire energy (discarding maybe?) but it also features the number 8. If it puts 8 damage counters on itself then it is more reasonable, but since it's not an Ex there are many many cards which can free heal like Sitrus Berry and Roselia LM just to mention 2.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Abhorsen said:
Fire Monkey Lvl.X is a little... interesting. Yes 150 for RR looks extremely broken but take a look at the text. Not only does it involve fire energy (discarding maybe?) but it also features the number 8. If it puts 8 damage counters on itself then it is more reasonable, but since it's not an Ex there are many many cards which can free heal like Sitrus Berry and Roselia LM just to mention 2.

Eh eh! WRONG!

Updated with translation and two new pics. :p

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Water Pokémon Master said:
Abhorsen said:

Eh eh! WRONG!

Updated with translation and two new pics. :p
Lol. That was quick.

Well it does seem more reasonable now seeing as it's going to be a little hard to get 8 Fire energy into your discard pile. There is a few cards that could be used with it, Delcatty ex and Magcargo DX as obvious choices. Whether that could get you 8 Fire energy in your discard pile a turn will most likely not happen anyway, so I guess it's balanced alright... but we'll have to wait and see the entire set before making any decisions.

Btw, I cannot wait for Power Keepers info. IMO this set is either going to make or break the game in its current position.