Sunday, 1/15, Holon Phantom Scans

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Poor Alakazam :( He who must be forgotton. They might even bring him out with Miracle Crystal yet so dont worry too much. It's not like they completely abandoned him. But if they leave him out of MC, then yes, they DID abandon him and alot of people wont smile to lighty at Nintendo for it either.

masterryanx

N
Ya, that's too bad poor Alakazam. U_U

Anyway, other then no Alakazam this set looks awesome, the cool art, good effects, more Delta Pokemon... *squeels*

darkrayquaza

R.I.P.
the set aint complete cause of the exes and stars probably ala and his pre evolutions still have atleast 5% to be in this set

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
This has to be probably the most extreme wrong-type thing of all time (I am laughing my face off at Grass Trapinch and Water Oddish), but the minute set size is appealing, because that makes less packs to buy.

..I forget. Are there no EXes in this set? That seems absurd, but eh. Won't miss them too much since these comedic typings make up for it.

...I think this is the first time I am interested in a set because of *comedic* novel value.

+ Cascade Gonpory inc. +

soul of the eastern sky
hahaha! i totally agree! i saw the water odish, and electric psyduck.. and im like. THIS IS INSANE! lol, maybe we have a golduck ex? :S nah, won't happen??? hmm, thinks... maybe um... sadness... No ex.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
Ahh, there's just one Pokemon* in the set.

So I have a good guess that Celebi* will be the only Pokemon* in Miracle Crystal.

Still though, only 52 cards?  That is small, too bad there's no Half-decks.

Is there anyone else out there who actually was...CONFUSED at what types they've pulled out of their hat?  I mean, what in the world, a Fighting type Exeggutor?  A Vileplume that knows Poltergeist?!

Delta Species Pokemon are interesting things, but it's just so bizarre that you think you're dreaming when you see these weirdo cards.

Charizard

Pokemon Master
haha, but maybe with these cards, they can counter their weakness. For example, Gloom and odish weak against fire, but are both water type:cool:

Abhorsen

Offically retired
This has to be a joke right?

If this is the whole set and every card is accounted for then I am definately not buying a booster box for it. There is only a few select cards in this set which are ACTUALLY good. This is really disappointing I must say, no Ex's at all? Only 1 Pokemon*?

This set is nowhere near as game changing as Legend Maker will be. I'm classing this as an 'Emerald' Set just for my self satisfaction. Wait... could it be? This set may even be Worse than Emerald... Yes, the shock. Emerald at least had Battle Frontier and Medicham ex... What does this set have that will be archtypes or will be heavily played? Candy doesnt count since it's a reprint.

Armaldo is probably the best card in this set, followed by Kingdra. There are a few other above-average cards but the rest arent worth playing really.

As Comic Book Guy would say: "Worst Set Ever"

Isnt anyone else a little disappointed with this?

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
Okay, don't buy a box of the japanese set. Nobody is forcing you too. But the set will be different when it comes out in America because PUI doesn't release 50 card sets. And regardless of what people are saying, I think there WILL be half decks for this set. You can go ahead and just sleep on the months of the pre-releases, but I feel people will be surprised when they see the american set and will actually want to get their hands on it.

Abhorsen

Offically retired
RE:  Sunday, 1/15, Holon Phantom Scans

If the japanese havent put Ex's into this set then the English sets wont either. How could they leave Ex's out for the Japanese and give them to the Americans? That is the set and it will stay that way I think.

Prime said:
but I feel people will be surprised when they see the american set and will actually want to get their hands on it.

Lol, What cards will be worth getting your hands on? In a collectors eye, this set is good since it is extremly funny. Come on seriously... Look at the types they gave them, it's just plain funny. For the gameplayers, dont bother unless you need Candy.

Edit: I just saw, Flygon now hits the top of the list.

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
You don't get it. PUI doesn't make 50 card sets. Japan has in the past made smaller set, and it's not too uncommon to see it, but PUI, the people who print these cards will not be printing the english equivilant of this set in the same small set. There's a 0% of that. What I see happening is I see PUI taking some promos from japan we haven't gotten, maybe throwing in some half decks from other sets, or maybe combining 2 sets and giving us a nice 120-150 card set.

And I honestly believe there will be half decks for this set, we just haven't found news about them. How many sets in the past have had half decks. FRLG had them, TRR had them, I can't remember if Deoxys had them, EM had them, I can't remember if Delta Species had them, I know LM had 1 half deck (banette), maybe more. There's a good chance this set will have half decks too. Maybe japan will release them after this set comes out and we just haven't recieved any news about it yet.

Abhorsen

Offically retired
I dont think that they would add in an extra 50-70 cards just to fill up a set. They have also made smaller sets before. Jungle and Fossil are 48 card sets, but have the non-holo reprints just to make it a 62 card set. I do think they will add in a few cards but nothing like 50 or so, maybe 25 extra cards which we havent gotten yet. They will most likely add in Mewtwo* and Pikachu* just so we can get it in English like you said. I doubt they will have any Ex's though. Unless they have some Ex's in Japan which havent been released in english, then they may. We'll just have to wait and see.

Mjadex123

I am sure when this set will be out in English, they will add in alot of the Japanese Black Star promo including these from Mew Gift Box...

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
PUI didn't print any sets before R/S, WotC did. Two different companies, two different logics. In the past, PUI has printed some new cards that haven't even came out in Japan yet in our sets to fill in the gaps. This is a 50-something card set. We won't be seeing something that small, I will guarantee you that. What will we see? Just like you said, we will have to wait and see.