Discussion SUN AND MOON - What's the best card?

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow Beach Bums,

OK so if you can only have ONE card from Sun and Moon, what is the one card you would take?

Basically, I'm just trying to do a survey, and then a week from now, maybe two weeks from now, we'll compare what we think today, Sun and Moon Eve, vs. what actually happens once it's released to the wild.

Thanks for your input Beach Bums!

All these Stage 2s when you're not allowed have the pre-evos :p

Professor Kukui I reckon.

Mariano - I tested Tsareena the same way yellowswellow did and I found it to be pretty effective. The problem is that I was just focusing on discarding as many cards from my opponent's hand as I could. I couldn't be that aggressive in a real game because I would obviously have to think about what happens beyond turn 1.

But I have no doubt that someone will come up with a deck list that will be very disruptive, but I think it will wind up being similar to Typhlosion or a BRaH (Bunnelby, Raticate, Houndoom) mill deck - deserving respect (and maybe a little fear) but not broken the way Pinsir / Lysandre's Trump Card were.

Latte - yeah Decidueye makes me want to run nothing but Garbodor decks.

Yog - I think Kukui might be a 2 of in every deck. I've already been victimized by it multiple times.

Can I also just say that I'm very excited to see all the new awesome decklists from all the awesome youtubers!

Decidueye is gonna make some serious changes to the meta. Your Vespiquen decks that used to love the leisure of dropping a bunch of Combee T1 to get multiple Bees up are gonna have to run the risk of seeing a couple of em get donked on the first turn. Any sort of damage-modifying Ability has always seen a niche in the meta, and I think with so many strong Grass-types like Vileplume and Lurantis, the synergy is too real.

Decidueye-GX.

Even after Forest of Giant Plants has been rotated out, it can be used as a damage booster in stage 2 decks with Rare Candy. It's going to be a really good card, especially now that there's more and more HP on cards.

Wishiwashi.

Just kidding. Seems like a toss-up between Lunala-GX, Decidueye-GX, and Tauros-GX for pokemon, and Professor Kukui is a solid Supporter. The comments so far seem to agree with that. Lunala-GX and Decidueye-GX will still be good but will be hurt by the 2018 rotation. Tauros won't. Neither will Professor Kukui. While I like Tauros-GX better than Professor Kukui, I see Kukui getting a much more wide-scale usage in more decks and with more strategies. That's generally how it goes with Trainer cards, though. So remaining somewhat objective, I would have to say Professor Kukui is probably the best card overall for the entire expansion. It seems to be the most versatile.

I think Tauros GX has the most immediate impact because of the splashability of it. It can go into any deck playing DCE and hit for 60 right out of the gate. I'm excited to see if Decidueye GX has a window to really shine. It seems so broken with FOGP, but with Garb running around with no tool removal, it might not be that great as of right now. If we get a format with FOGP and tool removal either in an Item or Supporter, I think its the front runner for best card in the set.

Wow lots of people are liking Tauros... I wonder what I'm missing, isn't this very similar to Machamp EX? Yeah you hit for a lot but then your opponent KO's you pretty easily the next turn right?

Like your idea of Wishiwashi Jenna. Funniest thing I've heard all day.... Wouldn't it be crazy though if it winds up being the best card? Maybe a pokemon will eventually have an attack that does 100 times the number of pokemon returned to your hand this turn?

Like your idea of Wishiwashi Jenna. Funniest thing I've heard all day.... Wouldn't it be crazy though if it winds up being the best card? Maybe a pokemon will eventually have an attack that does 100 times the number of pokemon returned to your hand this turn?
I am hoping wishiwashi will be a hidden gem down the road. My real vote for best overall card is still Professor Kukui since it is a Supporter and you don't even need DCE to make that one work.

Oh totally if I run Greninja in this new Sun and Moon era, I'm definitely adding Kukui. Now I can actually do 220 instead of just 200 so I'll have to rely on balloons less. Having said that, because there are so many AWESOME Grass GX cards, I'm probably going to lay off the Blue Frog for awhile. Plus, I think there are going to be so many decks using abilities, I think running Garb is going to be a must (unless I'm playing around with abilities myself!).

Back