News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

Wow, that Sylveon will make its way into Fairy boxes. That thing is a setup stalling beast stopping and will shut down any massive setup the opponent may be playing, which could stall them for a few turns. Very helpful if used correctly. Not to mention it'll help set you up simultaneously. Definitely hoping to have fun with that one if it makes its way into the English TCG.

Couldn't be anymore obvious that that Lunala's meant to work alongside its GX counterpart.

Sylveon-GX is good. I feel like its attack does a perfect amount of damage. The fact that it's DCE-able akes it a threat and the fact that it only does 110 damage means it loses out on the 2HKO after any slight amount of healing.

Lunala is cool but it will never get used. Lunala-GX is too good.

I seriously thought Altar of the Sunne was a Magic card. I love how nothing looks broken so I'm glad to see this.

I seriously thought Altar of the Sunne was a Magic card. I love how nothing looks broken so I'm glad to see this.
I love what you just said because for the past few weeks we have had so many people on this site talking about how everything from this set is broken or "Gimmicky". When in reality, I think we are coming up on a very balanced format that will no longer be determined just by type matchups. Finally, someone that gets it.

I love what you just said because for the past few weeks we have had so many people on this site talking about how everything from this set is broken or "Gimmicky". When in reality, I think we are coming up on a very balanced format that will no longer be determined just by type matchups. Finally, someone that gets it.

not gimmicky, but a bigger emphasis on different types of strategies. The formay won't be balanced 100%, but it'll be extremely fun to play in nonetheless

Sylveon-GX is good. I feel like its attack does a perfect amount of damage. The fact that it's DCE-able akes it a threat and the fact that it only does 110 damage means it loses out on the 2HKO after any slight amount of healing.

I also agree that Sylveon-GX is very good. With the good Eevee (attach an energy, evolve), you can easily set up its First Attack and 110 damage means all the meaningful dragons are dead to this card, even with Fighting Fury Belt (that I can think of anyway). Also, as stated from PMJ, being able to 2HKO most significant Mega Pokemon is really nice.

I also love the Stadium. Then again, I'm a sucker for anti-Weakness cards.

-Asmer

Energy evolution + 1 energy Magical Ribbon = way more consistent talonflame (without damage of course)

Do we expect to see this in our S&M base set, or in SM2? I was expecting SM2 because we already have the Lycanroc-GX box as additional content for the set (presumably), and its Japanese release is very close (7 days) from our English base set release.

Do we expect to see this in our S&M base set, or in SM2? I was expecting SM2 because we already have the Lycanroc-GX box as additional content for the set (presumably), and its Japanese release is very close (7 days) from our English base set release.
We already have the set list for S&M Base Set, so they are most likely coming in SM2. You can find the set list here :)

Am I the only one who thinks Lunala looks kinda derpy? Idk, I think it's the mouth that just looks kinda off to me. It makes it look more cute than intimidating :p

So many Eeveelution beauts - this is gonna kill my wallet!

The art in the S&M era is already tenfold on XY, so many lovely cards and that Lunala is a cracker.

As a volcanion player that stadium will work well against any water types, but will create a nice balance with scizor.

Between both Lunalas I wonder what would make great partners for them. Psychic is kind of lacking in energy acceleration right now.

If Lunala was just any type of energy I'd love it to bits. Alas, it seems a bit useless at the moment. Sylveon looks like a really solid card, may play it considering I still have my Fairy stuff...

Back