Collecting Sun and Moon set release

TheThatch

Aspiring Trainer
Who all is picking up a pack or 36 of the new Sun and Moon set? What card is everyone trying to pull? I haven't looked at anything yet so I don't know what is in the set...super excited!!!!

I have a booster box pre ordered, says it shipped today so am hoping for it to arrive tomorrow.

I'd like a Sharpedo Holo and a Decidueye GX preferably.

I'm sad there are no Munchlax or Braviary cards :(

I have a booster box pre ordered, says it shipped today so am hoping for it to arrive tomorrow.

I'd like a Sharpedo Holo and a Decidueye GX preferably.

I'm sad there are no Munchlax or Braviary cards :(

Mine said it was shipped too so I'm hoping for the same thing lol
I really reallly want a decidueye ex too he's probably my favorite starter now

Who all is picking up a pack or 36 of the new Sun and Moon set? What card is everyone trying to pull? I haven't looked at anything yet so I don't know what is in the set...super excited!!!!
I've got both elite trainer boxes coming in a few days. Definitely want a Lurantis GX Hyper Rare more than anything. That care is just so freakin' pretty!

I was at a prerelease, and I have to say, the cards look absolutely stunning. I think just any Hyper Rare (the rainbow cards) are the cards I want the most, because as a fan of rainbows, they're absolutely breathtaking. I also love the Energy, and having of the SR ones would be super cool.

I was at a prerelease, and I have to say, the cards look absolutely stunning. I think just any Hyper Rare (the rainbow cards) are the cards I want the most, because as a fan of rainbows, they're absolutely breathtaking. I also love the Energy, and having of the SR ones would be super cool.

The HRs really are beautiful, especially in person. I wasn't a big fan of them just seeing them in photos or whatever, but they're really super gorgeous.

The HRs really are beautiful, especially in person. I wasn't a big fan of them just seeing them in photos or whatever, but they're really super gorgeous.

Ugh I can't wait!!! Wish my booster box would hurry up lol

I'm 9 packs into my 36 booster box and have pulled a HR Gumshoos GX and a full art? Lunala GX. It looks full art but it's 66/149 ..

Also an Arcanine holo, 190 attack! That shocked me more than the card ha

I got my only Sun & Moon Booster box I plan to open today. Also purchased 5 packs separate and an Espeon GX full art.

Main focus was the box though, full art Ultra Ball was too high an expectation, although hopefully planned to do better than the second Evolutions box last year I didn't mention, which was frustrating as I got 2 FA trainer cards, no EX FA cards and then the usual everything else. It was frustating for me as I had already got enough of those trainer FA's.

This box went better than planned.

SM1-Pulls.jpg

Holo: Shinotic, Crobat, Alolan Muk, Gigalith & Krookodile
GX
: Incineroar, Primarina, Lunala & Tauros
FA
: Team Skull Grunt, Lurantis GX & Espeon GX Hyper Rare

I also got another Lunala GX and a Kangaskhan holo from the 5 packs, so I can sell a Lunala to fund what I don't have (which given the size of this set is still a lot!). I got a good chunk of the regular stuff to complete a fair bit of the set and only one duplicate rev holo in 41 packs. Plus getting 3 FA cards one being a HR was good. Overall my box and pack openings went pretty well. I won't be buying anymore boxes, possibly the odd pack, the rest it is better me just buying. This is a set worth completing, although it's gonna take some time.

The new textured full art and hyper rares look really good, even the holos and half art GX cards look better, the wavy varied foil looks real good. I'm glad I got my own Hyper Rare as now I see what people mean about the cool rainbow effect of it in various light angles. I'll be getting both my Lurantis FA and Espeon HR graded given it is my own personally pulled one.

Great pulls PokePirate! Especially the Espeon EX, my favourite Eevee Evo and I got Umbreon ... so close!

pok_zpsvh9afruo.jpg

poli_zps5x4fyq9y.jpg

I got a bit ahead of myself thinking I was pulling loads of secret full arts, but that seems to be the new standard for EX/GX's now.

Pretty happy with what I got though!

Gumshoos GX
Lurantis GX
Lunala GX
Tauros GX

Gumshoos GX Ultra Rare?

Hyper Rare Umbreon GX
Hyper Rare Lillie Trainer

Vikavolt, Dragonite, Arcanine, Gigalith and Krookodile holos

1/3 good pulls from the entire box. Very sad I didn't get Sharpedo or Decidueye though.

Great pulls PokePirate! Especially the Espeon EX, my favourite Eevee Evo and I got Umbreon ... so close!

pok_zpsvh9afruo.jpg

poli_zps5x4fyq9y.jpg

I got a bit ahead of myself thinking I was pulling loads of secret full arts, but that seems to be the new standard for EX/GX's now.

Gumshoos GX
Lurantis GX
Lunala GX
Tauros GX

Gumshoos GX Ultra Rare?

Hyper Rare Umbreon GX

1/3 good pulls from the entire box. Very sad I didn't get Sharpedo or Decidueye though.

Those are some good pulls!!! I'm STILL waiting on my box. Might have to just go buy a couple boosters to get me by till it gets here lol

pok_zpsvh9afruo.jpg

poli_zps5x4fyq9y.jpg

Gumshoos GX
Lurantis GX
Lunala GX
Tauros GX

Gumshoos GX Ultra Rare?

Hyper Rare Umbreon GX

Thanks, it did go pretty well, looks like you got some equally nice pulls as well! Funny because I really like Umbreon as well and wouldn't of minded getting that one, however I am really happy with the Espeon HR. I said to myself in my head before if I got either a Solgaleo, Lurantis, Umbreon or Espeon as a Hyper Rare then I'd be happy. Of all the Eevee evolutions Umbreon and Espeon are my favourite, I remember when Gen II came out back in the day of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and the TCG lines they really were well done.

Finally today my gut feeling/psychicness turned out nice, I was in town and went to WHSmith and chanced it to buy two more Sun & Moon packs, and pulled a Solgaleo FA, well pleased!

Solgaleo-Pull.jpg

Gotta say in terms of detail and artwork I'm loving this Sun & Moon Base set, for some reason it reminds me a little of the old Wizards of the Coast lines.

So I just got my first batch of booster packs (in the form of the Sogaleo ETB), and I must say, as someone who collects the tcg purely for the aesthetics (I've admittedly no interest in playing the game with them) I'm really loving what I've got so far!

When I first found out that they would be changing the layout from the one they've been using since B&W I thought ''really? The current layout is fine, why keep changing it every other generation? Yugioh has had the same looking layout for decades, and they've not had an issue!''
But I must say, with the cards in my hands, now I like the general layout much more than the previous one! I'm a huge sucker for minimalist designs, and I'm glad that it's the approach they went with here. The basic energies look absolutely gorgeous, and are probably now my favourite non-promo energy cards of all time! Oh, and as icing on the cake, they improved the dragon type texture! I used to hate the look of dragon type cards, with their gross looking snot-coloured type texture. I mean, it's still pretty snot-coloured, but now it looks more gold and glorious, and better fitting for a dragon.

If there's one thing I'd complain about, it's the GX cards. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm really not too fond of the look of them. They just seem pretty messy, contrary to the lovely minimalism if the regular cards. Oh well, they may grow on me.

Other than that, the set I r8 gr8- 8/8, m8.

I'm digging the standard GX cards, they don't look as good as EX cards but they're funky fresh. The full art and rainbow full art versions of them though are the ugliest cards in recent memory.

Back