TCG Fakes Sun and Moon Mechanic - Zodiac Pokémon

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Fully evolved Pokemon that take on the additional feature of being a Zodiac Pokemon, similar to Dark/Light/Delta/Plasma Pokemon.

Fancy astral artwork of course.

They would need a batch of trainer cards to help enhance them, accelerate evolution/energies/etc and they would have to some links to star signs - western zodiac or Chinese etc.

Eg:
Lapras [Z] for Aquarius
Lumineon [Z] for Pisces
Ampharos [Z] for Ares
Tauros [Z] for Taurus (duh)
Weezing [Z] for Gemini
Kingler [Z] for Cancer
Pyroar [Z] for Leo
Florges [Z] for Virgo
Bronzong [Z] for Libra (ok this one was tough)
Gliscor [Z] for Scorpio
Rapidash [Z] for Sagittarius
Gogoat [Z] for Capricorn

maybe Arbok [Z] if we count Ophiuchus

They wouldnt need to be ultra rares using this style of mechanic so several can be doubled up giving Crawdaunt and Clawitzer a chance to double up as Cancer, Drapion as Scorpio, Seviper and Dunsparce as Ophiuchus and any fo the female-only or fish-related Pokemon as Virgo and Pisces respectively.

Actually, there's an existing horoscope in the Gen V games, which you can learn about from watching the television during the show "Personality Assessment and Horoscope". The Pokémon used are all Unovan Pokémon, though. They are as follows:
Sawsbuck – Capricorn
Simipour – Aquarius
Alomomola – Pisces
Whimsicott – Aries
Bouffalant – Taurus
Klink – Gemini
Crustle – Cancer
Braviary – Leo
Gothorita – Virgo
Lampent – Libra
Scolipede – Scorpio
Fraxure – Sagittarius

It's cool that you're expanding that to include all generations, though! ^.^

I'm curious to see what sort of effects you had in mind, too––mind posting a few spoilers? :)

Yeah I looked up the gen 5 horoscope but wanted to go with things that were a bit more literal. But like I said not being ultra rares they could be all sorts.

I'll make a few text based mock-ups later today

Back