'Sun' and 'Moon' Livestream and Coverage from E3!

The new batch of information is exactly what we needed to make up for the long drought of no information between February and May.

Anyways, onto my thoughts on the information so far.

1. Popplio can learn Disarming Voice
I wouldn't rule out it's evolution being part Fairy Type just yet, but at the same time, there are a lot of Pokémon that can learn Disarming Voice, and most of them aren't even Fairy Types. (Whismur, Espurr, etc.) Although, this might hint that Popplio will be a sound-based attacker upon evolution.

2. Pikipek
A woodpecker Pokémon, just as I guessed correctly from the speculations on what the wireframes for the new bird Pokémon might look like. And it has Skill Link I hear? I reckon it might learn Spike Cannon, considering that it's been a while since we had a different Pokémon know that move, and so far, only Cloyster, Omastar, and Corsola can learn that attack naturally. I think that Woodpecker Guy from Gravity Falls would be having tears of joy right now for the fact that a Woodpecker Pokémon has become the real deal after all this time.

3. Yungoose
A new mongoose, eh? Still interesting to see the connections to real-life still going on. The hints of this "a certain other Pokémon" might refer to a new snake Pokémon in the region, but I reckon it may be Ekans and Arbok, just to have even more strong ties to Kanto on the 20th Anniversary.

It could also be our new region's Munchlax, except it is faster. Then again, the Elemental Monkeys and both Zigzagoon/Linoone can have Gluttony as their Ability.
Stakeout might just mean we have a new Pursuit trapper on our hands. Even more so if it becomes a Normal/Dark Type, which is possible, now that it can have Strong Jaw as it's Ability, since Mega Sharpedo, Tyrunt and Tyrantrum are dual-typed users that have Strong Jaw as their Abilities.

4. Grubbin
Grub Pokémon that likes electricity? Bug/Electric confirmed! I reckon it's evolution may contrast either Pinsir or Volcarona.
But it also stated that this Pokémon burrows underground, so maybe Bug/Ground instead?
Then again, tonnes of Pokémon are known to burrow underground, and some of them aren't even part Ground Type somewhere along the line.

5. Solgaleo and Lunala's Phases
I reckon this will be somewhat similar to Xerneas' modes in and out of battles in Gen 6.

I'm various curious about the possibilities for Soul-Heart.
Does it only activate when a teammate faints from an opponent's attack? Or just when a teammate is KOed? If the latter, it might make for a fantastic combination with Healing Wish attack.

3. Yungoose
A new mongoose, eh? Still interesting to see the connections to real-life still going on. The hints of this "a certain other Pokémon" might refer to a new snake Pokémon in the region, but I reckon it may be Ekans and Arbok, just to have even more strong ties to Kanto on the 20th Anniversary.

Mongoose were introduced to Hawai'i to combat the rats, not snakes. While it could hint to a Rattata problem, the fact the invasive Pokemon isn't named gives the impression it's new.

So this region's bird is a woodpecker? I love it. I will name it "Ganta". Who gets the reference? ;)
I love that it has Skill Link, as Fury Attack which I'm sure it will learn will actually be a good early game move. I gotta imagine they'll add some new multi-hit move that's Flying type as well to round out it's STAB.

Yungoos is a bit odd to me, but I can't help but like it. It's Abilities are solid. Stakeout seems like a neat ability for Double Battles or against U-turn spammers. And Strong Jaw means it'll obviously learn Bite and Crunch and hopefully the elemental Fangs.

I have no real opinion about Grubbin. It's just super generic... Probably gonna be yet another Bug/Flying based on it's description, similar to how Bagon's yearning to fly turned it into Salamence.

Anyway's I'm not seeing anything I really dislike about this game so far. I plan on getting Moon version

Youngoos: this is a great design. As a potential second type I am thinking dark. Also I think this the second invasive species in pokemon(the first being corphisch)

Pikipek: obviously a generic early bird which virtually guarantees a spot on my team(hoot hoot being the exception)

Grubbin: great design hopefully it will be good but doubtful. In regards to typing given what we know what if it is ground electric when it evolves.

Battle royal: probably ignore this type. Could be fun though.
IGNORE BATTLE ROYAL?!?! I'm GLAD we have this battle mode! Lots of Pokemon players have at one point taken part in a "Battle Royal" in gen 6. Need proof? Search "Pokemon FFA" on Youtube and you'll be SWAMPED with results. Multi-battles sufficed for a while, but there were certain multi-battle mechanics that kinda messed up the battle, especially when both players of the "opposing team" got eliminated (which would end the battle and not allow the two remaining "allies" to duke it out). It's not competitive by any means, but it's a really fun mode for people that just want to have fun, and for those like myself that love FFAs, the introduction of it as an actually battle mode is really exciting!

---EDIT---

....Okay, I just learned how it'll work. Now I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully, we can customize those rules to match up with the more currently known traditional FFA rules.

Last edited:
Pikipek: by a large margin the cutest base early-route bird so far. Hope it'll stick with Talonflame's innovation of getting a new first type other than normal when evolving. Skill link is good too, I hope it'll get the right moves, including good STABs (either new or improved old moves).

Yungoos: I adore this thing despite the Trump look, it's a bully mongoose! Stakeout it's definitely an interesting ability, if it'll have good distribution could become game-defining as much as pursuit or even more. Strong Jaw is cool for such an early pokémon, what I'm really hoping is that we'll have lots of new bite moves, giving STABs to most Strong Jaws wielders.

Grubbin: This one is cute too, and I get the felling it'll change a lot while evolving. Eventual bug/electric is interesting, hope it'll go physical to differentiate itself from Galvantual. The fact that it has only swarm make me hoping it'll get a peculiar ability in its final stage (something like no guard --> stance change in the Aegislash evo line).

Solgaleo/Lunaala phases: I considered them just aesthetic forms, but now that official infos describe them as full potential forms... Things get a lot different. What if using their signature moves give them a temporary boost? Or maybe their forms will add something to their (otherwise underwhelming) abilities? Does these have something to do with the new stones? Is this a reference to the Break dynamic in TCG? I'm absolutely excited about all this.

Popplio learning new fairy move: disarming voice at level 8 is sure unusual for a starter... Water/Fairy confirmed? Its stats look bulky, specially offensively inclined. There's a cool potential leak out there with a beautiful siren-like third evo of Popplio, it'll be interesting if real (especially considering how tremendously cool looks the archer-owl third stage of Rowlett in that leak).

New battle screen: the more the infos, the better the game. Having an almost showdown-like screen is great for competitive purposes!

New battle royal: looks fun, but it'll be hard to make it competitively viable.

LOL, Yungoose's face expression looks like those of angry spoiled brats, or grown up manbabies on the internet that are angry about something they didn't get but wanted, and now are looking sour trying to ruin the experience for others.

Grubbin is adorable.
Trumpton Yungoos is cool.
Pinipeck is both adorable and cool.
Now where's meh starter evolutions and Mega Quagsire! :p
In all seriousness, I am pretty happy with the info we got today. Trainer customization, Battle Royale, and the new Legendary phases are the scratching the surface.
Also, Zygarde hype!
Also, to Axel, I did see those "leaks" and I really didn't like them. The Litten evo looked like a Fire/Fighting type, and the Popplio looked so feminine.

"Pikipek will attack distant opponents by zipping seeds at them" Grass type confirmed.

I think that Yungoose is creepy. New Creepy pasta maybe.

The new Phases for the Legend Pokemon is an intersting idea. Primal Lunala and Primal Sologleo Confirmed. I mean they cant just Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre cant be it.

Im wondering what sort of effect theese Pokemon will have in the TCG.

I want this little Yungoose to evolve into a Normal/Electric oh my goodness.

Yungoos is going to be totally forgotten about during the hype, however- Stakeout is an Analytic on steroids and is potentially a very strong ability. double damage is no joke (it negates a resistance on a pokemon that would otherwise want to switch into a resisted attack) and if it evolves and sheds its normal typing while gaining a lot of speed its going to be an excellent revenge attacker, with Life Orb or CB thanks to the lack of resistant switch-ins. so i hope for its own sake it is able to evolve into a pure dark type, or pure ground type or something along those lines. Good luck little mongoose

Last edited:
Pikipek is so cute. I'm glad we finally have a full-colored version of it. The way it "shoots seeds" makes me think it might Evolve into a Grass/Flying-Type, which would be cool. Then again, we already have Rowlet... I also love how I can't find any meaning to its name other than peck.~

I'm not really a fan of Yungoos' design, but its Ability is very interesting. With a good Attack stat, it could be an EPIC counter for the typical Shell Smash + Baton Pass strategy. Hopefully its look will grow on me. :3

Grubbin... Oh my word, it's absolutely adorable. I will catch one so fast and pet it for hours. Someone pointed out that it will probably Evolve into a Bug/Electric-Type, which would be absolutely fantastic. This little guy is definitely going on my team.~

Character customization is back??? THANK YOU SO MUCH, GAMEFREAK!! To be honest, I never really played around with the character customization until May this year, but once I got into it I found I'd be very disappointed if it went away. Thank the heavens that's not the case!

Battle Royals = YES. So much yes. I have 4 close friends that play all the Pokemon games, so I can't WAIT to try this out with them.~

Guys! In the Battle Royal their are four teams: Charizard (Has megas) Gyarados (Has mega) Tyranitar (Has Mega) and Haxorus (No Mega YET). Does this hint at Mega Haxorus in the future? HYPE!!!

I think the description of Pikipek guarantees that it learns Bullet Seed, but I don't think it necessarily indicates it will become part grass type. I would also guess Drill Peck will be in its moveset.

LOL, Yungoose's face expression looks like those of angry spoiled brats, or grown up manbabies on the internet that are angry about something they didn't get but wanted, and now are looking sour trying to ruin the experience for others.
and a touch of Donald trump lel

Yeah in real life grubs usually turn into beetles, so maybe a stage 2 beetle, bug/flying, bug/poison, or bug/fighting interesting.

Edit: read it's description, I'm thinking it's probably going to be a bug/electric beetle Pokemon.

Last edited:
All I ask is that they have interesting typings and/or usable stats and abilities.
Gamefreak has been getting better about giving even the early Pokemon interesting type combinations or hidden abilities that would make them usable in battle. I really hope the trend continues.

Back