News Summer 2017 'Island Guardians' Tins!

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
I'm just not into Sky Claw, and its ability is way too good for such a wasted Pokémon.
Maybe if Tapu Thunder was 20x and not a GX move it'd be a lot nicer

Otaku

The wise fool?
I'm just not into Sky Claw, and its ability is way too good for such a wasted Pokémon.
Maybe if Tapu Thunder was 20x and not a GX move it'd be a lot nicer

You factoring in spamming the Ability, with Max Potion in between?

Sky Claw still won't be hitting hard, but if your opponent isn't taking any KO's while you keep hitting his or her Pokémon for 130, you might be able to take enough KO's before the slower pace matters.

I just referred to a steady stream of 2HKO's as a slower pace. Why Pokémon, why?

*ahem* So yeah, we've seen this strategy work before, but we've also seen it fall short as well (the latter being more recent). There is also the GX attack, as well as a difference in Type that may affect things.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Looking forward to working with Tapu Bulu and Lurantis. With the attack-boosting Lurantis and the Energy-accelerating Lurantis and maybe Ariados, we could see some nifty Grass decks out there.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Fini GX could be in Guardians Rising too, so having 3 tins would leave one of them left out, making 2 tins the better option.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Of course... Tapu Lele is clearly the best card, with Mewtwo's x-ball attack and Jirachi's Stellar Guidance ability, so why give it away in a tin?

At least some cheap Tapu Bulus will help me build my dream Lurantis deck.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
It's Okay! Koko and Bulu seems bit playable, especially Bulu that I misevaluate him. It was a good card. Lurantis help him setup.

Where are you, Fini? You've been left behind

Mightyena

Still just a delinquent ;)
Ugy i really wish lightning became playable again i had my hopes up for koko i might be playing turtonator gx oricorio incenroar gx instead

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
I think Vikavolt might see an increase in play actually, since it could accelerate Bulu and Koko
Also has no one yet seen the potential of Dragonair and Alolan Raticate?

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Aren't they only doing 2 tons for Solgaleo and lunala too?
Those two tins will come out pretty soon this Tapu Tins come out later around summer.

Yeah Lele not getting a tin is a bit sad but these two are fine as well. If anything it makes it not as obvious of which tin to get over the other.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Assuming these and the upcoming Solgaleo and Lunala tins will be alternate art prints like the EX tins? Te first GX tins are March, right? This will be the first GXs with alternate art. I like collecting alternate art prints on the TCGO so it's a silly little milestone to celebrate for me.

MegaCentral

Aspiring Trainer
It's Okay! Koko and Bulu seems bit playable, especially Bulu that I misevaluate him. It was a good card. Lurantis help him setup.

Where are you, Fini? You've been left behind
To be honest, in play testing the deck is best with max elixir and the sunny day ability, often finding not even neeeding to discard energy for a ohko

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
The sickening sadistic tendencies of TPCi drives me insane...

That said, they know they're going to make money off of Guardians Rising. They know it all too well.

Still, at least the other Tapu cards will be easy to collect and they aren't bad per say, which is nice. Also, I will agree that Tapu Bulu GX isn't too bad for Lurantis decks, but I think it would be more efficient to play Tauros GX or Lugia EX if you can't get Tapu Lele GX, who is definitely a superior option to any of the above. Still, it'll be great for the wallet, at the very minimum.

Actually, thinking about the typical pattern of how TPCi does things, has it been 100% confirmed that there will only be 2 tins? I ask because Tapu Fini GX has yet to be spoiled and it would be odd to leave it out as a card, considering the other Tapu Pokemon are now going to be available. If it is confirmed, however... then I wonder just how good Tapu Fini is going to be.

-Asmer

Last edited by a moderator:

Otaku

The wise fool?
Sad that Whiscash looks to be filler, but Mallow has promise. Yes, I know Mallow can be used to ensure 200 damage from the second attack on Whiscash, but four Energy and my Supporter for the turn ought to by me more than 200 damage with a chance for 300 while milling three from my own deck.

Oracle was great back in the day because Bill had been reprinted and was thus Modified legal... and this was before Bill was turned into a Supporter; so an "Item" that drew two cards. With Acro Bike, hard to see it not be good. Even just Ability draw should make it a nice power play, unless you need a lot of resources all at once.

Sakura150612

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, if I read the card correctly, Wishcash should be able to do 200 damage by discarding a a double energy such as DDE. Unlike Typhlosion (which specifically states energy cards), this one only says "energies" (unless the word "cards" is just missing in this translation. Can't tell because I don't speak japanese). If that's the case, you could guarantee 300 and even 400 damage with Mallow. The big problem I see with it though is the attack cost.