Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The product images for the next League Battle Decks featuring both Calyrex have now been revealed! We first posted news of their decks a few weeks ago. As usual, the cards are reprints.

Calyrex-VMAX-League-Battle-Deck-Shadow-Rider-Calyrex_EN-1793x2000-1478e37-179x200.jpg

Calyrex-VMAX-League-Battle-Deck-Ice-Rider-Calyrex_EN-1793x2000-1478e37-179x200.jpg

These are the first Pokemon products to be rated “Play Level 3.” Perhaps the deck lists will be more powerful? They also come with more copies of the star cards than usual; the last League Battle Decks contained two of their V and VMAX.
The decks will release on June 17th for $29.99 each.
Take the Reins with Calyrex VMAX!
The High King Pokémon is yours in two powerful, League-ready decks for skilled Trainers and Pokémon TCG players. With a slew of cards including premium foil cards, sought-after power...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

GoldenBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
wow - 3/3 v/max lines are extremely generous, will definitely pick up a copy of each! This feels like the power level of the ADPZ/Pikarom League Battle Decks from 2019
nice that there doing a 3-3 line of the v and vmaxs as opposed to the 2-2 line on the urshifu league battle decks

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Here's hoping that the Ice Rider Calyrex VMAX comes with Drizzile Shady Dealings + Inteleon Quick Shooting and not Cinccino. A man can only wish. Would help a lot to bring the prices of those cards down.

PinkCrow11

Aspiring Trainer
They didn't just exclusively print Black and White Kyurem so why is this any different????
Black/White Kyurem came out after kyurem (in the video games). Plus zekrom and reshiram were both box legendaries so that might have something to do with it.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
You know, many of the decks in the top 8 of recent regionals have been under 40$. Check limitless for their lists and prices. Examples are Rapid Strike Urshifu, Suicune/Inteleon, and Rapid Strike Malamar.
I think Pokemon right now is the cheapest by far to play competitively. Lord help you if you have the audacity of wanting to play, say, competitive Yugioh right now

ZDude

Aspiring Trainer
The funny thing is, is that I was going to buy all the cards for both of these decks... It just got a lot cheaper

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
I think Pokemon right now is the cheapest by far to play competitively. Lord help you if you have the audacity of wanting to play, say, competitive Yugioh right now
Yeah I decided to build a rogue deck in YuGiOh (Cyber Dragons) it cost me like $200 CAD and I don't even have ash blossoms yet, YuGiOh has become a digital only game for me. I think there's some competitive Cardfight Vanguard decks right now that are also under $40 US. It's nice to see since my initial leave of Pokemon happened because as a high schooler I couldn't afford Mewtwo EX and my ReshiBoar was immediately outclassed with its release (glad Psychics are weak to Psychic anymore)

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I decided to build a rogue deck in YuGiOh (Cyber Dragons) it cost me like $200 CAD and I don't even have ash blossoms yet, YuGiOh has become a digital only game for me. I think there's some competitive Cardfight Vanguard decks right now that are also under $40 US. It's nice to see since my initial leave of Pokemon happened because as a high schooler I couldn't afford Mewtwo EX and my ReshiBoar was immediately outclassed with its release (glad Psychics are weak to Psychic anymore)
The hope is the announced reprints in the upcoming megatins will help out. It's in Konami's best interests to capitalize on Master Duel's popularity and make the game as accessible as possible. All the handtraps being reprinted will be a huge helping hand to new players.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
The hope is the announced reprints in the upcoming megatins will help out. It's in Konami's best interests to capitalize on Master Duel's popularity and make the game as accessible as possible. All the handtraps being reprinted will be a huge helping hand to new players.
Konami really needs to get into printing multiple high rarity versions of cards and of more cards in a set, while printing more copies of stuff at base rarity. It let's the game be expensive for people who want it to be expensive and cheap for people who want it to be cheap. Unfortunately even with handtraps being reprinted there's multiple 100$/piece staples in format like droplets and pot of prosperity, and half of decks want to play the brave engine right now which is like 400$+ or something like that.
Edit: Also they should steal the "meta deck in a box" concept from Pokemon here