• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-UNB) Spiri-fisk Damage Reg (Spiritomb/Stunfisk)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Sooo the comments section on the reveal post of the Unbroken Bonds Spiritomb and Stunfisk said that they could be a feasible deck, and I am to outline one. Here's the bare-bones structure of it.

Pokemon (12):
  • Stunfisk (3)
Stunfisk – Lightning – HP110
Basic Pokemon

[C] Lightning Strike: 30 damage. This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C][C] Zaptrap: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage for each of your Pokemon with damage counters on them.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 1
  • Spiritomb (3)
Spiritomb – Darkness – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Amassing Grudge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 1 damage counter on this Pokemon.

[D] Cry in Anguish: 10+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
  • Mew (2)
Mew – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Bench Barrier
Prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by damage from your opponent’s Active Pokemon’s attacks.

[C] Psychopower: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
  • Pidgey (2)
  • Pidgeotto (2)
Trainers (38):
  • Elm's Lecture (3)
  • Cynthia (3)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Red's Challenge (2)
Red’s Challenge – Trainer
Supporter

Discard 3 cards from your hand. If you do, search your deck for 2 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. (Translation may not be accurate.)

You can play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Lillie (1)
  • Black Market PS (1)
  • Nest Ball (3)
  • Ultra Ball (3)
  • Shrine of Punishment (3)
  • Po Town (2)
  • Choice Band (3)
  • PokeGear 3.0 (3)
PokeGear 3.0 – Trainer
Item

Look at the top 7 cards of your deck. Choose 1 Supporter card you may find there, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then, shuffle the rest of your cards into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
  • Rescue Stretcher (2)
  • Field Blower (2)
  • Escape Board (4)
Energy (10):
  • Dark (6)
  • DCE (4)
This is not going to be the best deck, but it certainly has stuff going for it. You see, what you do is you get out as many spiritomb as you can as early as possible with a Stunfisk active and a Mew to boot. Then, for about four turns after that, you find out how to survive long enough to start swinging hard. Stunfisk will help with this in a couple of ways. Due to the colorless cost of Stunfisk, you can charge it in a single turn via DCE or just a dark energy to allow you to either do some chip damage and activate a spiritomb one turn earlier, or Swing bigger while you wait. Once all of your Spiritomb have 10 HP, you can start sending them up to swing for 190. You may be asking, though, "How can I be sure my Spiritombs won't die before i can use them like that? They'll be super weak to spread damage!" That's where Mew comes in, of course. Having Bench Barrier means that the only pokemon in the active spot, usually Stunfisk in the Ideal situation, can take direct damage, so the only thing that can be a major counter to it during the setup phase is Decidueye GX. Once you've gotten past that, you just keep swinging till you win, really. You have Pidgeotto for additional draw if you need it, and enough supporters to make sure you do something every turn, including those dreadfully boring build-up phases. You also have SoP and Po Town to lay additional damage on your opponent's board so that when your spiritombs are swinging 190 on their 6th turn in play, they're actually taking KOs whle potentially giving nothing in the prize trade thanks to BMPS.

CeeOtter

Aspiring Trainer
This Deck seems like it'll be a lot of fun although not top tier. I don't think it'll hurt to run 4 and 4 of the main 2 mons, and cutting 2 trainers

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I'd go 4-4 spiritomb and stunkfist, 1 mee tech is enough since you have stretchers. I'd also go full basic with oranguru and acrobike. Consider choiceband over escape board. Max out the number of nest balls and ultra balls, cut elm for lillie.