• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SUM-UNB: Fire Tales(Tri R&C GX/Ninetales TEU)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15
3 Reshiram Charizard TTGX
3 Volcanion(UNB)
3 Vulpix(TEU)
3 Ninetales(TEU)
2 Blacephalon(UNB)
1 Victini Prism

Trainer: 32
4 Welder
3 Cynthia
3 Lillie
2 Kiawe
2 Lt. Surge's Strategy

4 Ultra Ball
4 Acro Bike
3 Choice Band
3 Fire Crystal

4 Unmanned Power Plant
1 Heat Factory

Energy: 12
12 Fire

Strategy: Use Volcanion to set up R&C TTGX's Flare Strike attack and use it to deal KOs until 6 prizes are taken... Blacephalon is there in case a non- GX attacker is needed to strike the foe. Ninetales is there for a psuedo-Lysandre effect that erases the need for Guzma... All in all, an interesting combo for the upcoming set...

But what am I missing? Comment away for improvement ideas!

Last edited:
What do you mean my Ninetales doing a Lysandre effect?
Pro tip: Pal Pad isn’t really necessary unless you play the Cynthia deck (Lucario/Garchomp).
Also, where is Kiawe?
I’d just take out both Pal Pad for 2 Kiawe, and swap a Lugia GX for a Lele, since said Water that needs to be mopped up is basically nonexistent.
That’s what I think. Feel free to refute.

What do you mean my Ninetales doing a Lysandre effect?
Pro tip: Pal Pad isn’t really necessary unless you play the Cynthia deck (Lucario/Garchomp).
Also, where is Kiawe?
I’d just take out both Pal Pad for 2 Kiawe, and swap a Lugia GX for a Lele, since said Water that needs to be mopped up is basically nonexistent.
That’s what I think. Feel free to refute.

While I agree that Pal Pad is not really necessary for this deck (overall I don't really understand why you'd use Parasect with R&C TTGX), I disagree that it's only for Cynthia/Garchomp, since it can be very useful for decks running low counts of certain Supporters.

Apart from that, I agree Kiawe could be useful even with Welder in the mix. I don't really get why Lugia-GX is there (how is it good against water? Unless you're specifically thinking of Magikarp&Wailord?). If I were you I'd add more Volcanion (to ensure you get it down first turn) and maybe more Ninetales to ensure you have at least one on Bench by round 2. Also, I'm unsure if you need a Jirachi engine in this since you are running a small variety of Trainers? You could include Acro Bikes instead since you have multiple copies of all cards pretty much. And with Heat Factory for a draw support, you should have issues with getting Trainers that you need.

Last edited:
While I agree that Pal Pad is not really necessary for this deck (overall I don't really understand why you'd use Parasect with R&C TTGX), I disagree that it's only for Cynthia/Garchomp, since it can be very useful for decks running low counts of certain Supporters.

Apart from that, I agree Kiawe could be useful even with Welder in the mix. I don't really get why Lugia-GX is there (how is it good against water? Unless you're specifically thinking of Magikarp&Wailord?). If I were you I'd add more Volcanion (to ensure you get it down first turn) and maybe more Ninetales to ensure you have at least one on Bench by round 2. Also, I'm unsure if you need a Jirachi engine in this since you are running a small variety of Trainers? You could include Acro Bikes instead since you have multiple copies of all cards pretty much. And with Heat Factory for a draw support, you should have issues with getting Trainers that you need.

They were there for ability, but come to think of it, space for better cards made me think that this deck doesn't really need parasect after all, so changes were made to list. Thanks!

Back