• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format [SUM-TEU] Spoooky... (Gengar/Mimikyu Tag Team GX/Omastar/Garbodor)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Though the release of Team Up is two months away, I already see something that can be done with what has been revealed:

Pokemon (16):
  • Mimikyu and Gengar TTGX (3)
Gengar & Mimikyu-GX – Psychic – HP240
Basic Pokemon

[P][P] Poltergeist: 50x damage. Your opponent reveals their hand. This attack does 50 damage for each Trainer card you find there.

[P]+ Horror House GX: Your opponent can’t play any cards from their hand during their next turn. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra [P] Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), each player draws cards until they have 7 cards in their hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2
  • Omastar (3)
Omastar – Fighting – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Omanyte

Ability: Fossil Barrier
As long as this Pokemon is in play, if you have fewer Pokemon in play than your opponent, your opponent can’t play any Item cards from his or her hand.

[F][C] Bite: 60 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
  • Trubbish (2)
  • Garbodor (2)
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Alolan Vulpix [GUR] (2)
  • Alolan Ninetales GX [Y] (2)
Trainer (34):
  • Unidentified Fossil (3)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Cynthia (3)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Pokemon Communication (3)
  • Lavender Town/Altar of the Moone (3)
Lavender Town – Trainer
Stadium

Once during each player’s turn (before their attack), that player may look at their opponent’s hand.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
  • Bill's Analysis (2)
Bill’s Analysis – Trainer
Supporter

Look at the top 7 cards of your deck. You may reveal up to 2 Trainer cards you find there and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Steven's Resolve (1)
  • Mysterious Treasure (2)
  • Weakness Policy (3)
  • Rare Candy (3)
  • Field Blower (1)
  • Order Pad (1)
  • Erika's Hospitality (2)
Erika’s Hospitality – Trainer
Supporter

If you have more than 6 cards in your hand (including this one), you can’t play this card.

Draw a number of cards up to the number of your opponent’s Pokemon in play.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Energy (10):
  • Psychic (10)
The basic strategy is to use Omastar's ability to fill your opponents hand with item cards which allow for large hits with Poltergeist on Mimi/gar TTGX. The biggest issue facing this deck is the fact that Omastar is a stage 2 that evolves from an item card. I am to mitigate the likelihood of this happening by including a bunch of cards that can search out my pokemon and more importantly item cards like Unidentified Fossil, such as Pokemon Communication, Bill's Analysis, Steven's Resolve, Order Pad, and the A. Ninetales line.

The stadium of choice for this deck would be either the newly revealed Lavender Town or Altar of the Moone. This deck doesn't run any energy recovery, so having to not discard to retreat wuold be nice an acheivable thanks to the Altar. Although, Lavender Town also has its perk, and in the context of the games and the headlining pokemon would make more sense, in letting me see my opponent's hand and from there figuring out if I should go for a Poltergeist or if I should pop the GX attack on my Mimi/gar TTGX.

The garbodor line, which hasn't really been touched on as of yet, is a great way to sort of mitigate another weakness of this deck, being the need to have the items in the opponent's hand. My opponent could easily just throw his hold hand of trainers, probably items for the most part, in his discard pile with the use of a Sightseer. If my opponent does this, however, they then face the wrath of my plan B, Garbodor. If all of their items are in the discard, then they probably wont get hit super hard by Poltergeist, but will get steamrolled by Trashalanche.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi John InCENAroar,

Nice idea. Not sure that alolan Ninetales GX is needed in this deck. Have you considered a combination Jirachi and Bill's Analysis to search out Unidentified Fossil? Jirachi would be more versatile than alolan Ninetales GX. You could also consider to increase the Garbodor line by one each and reduce the number of Gengar & Mimikyu Gx by one since he gives up three prizes.