• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-SM10) L A M P (2) (Venomoth GX)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
His bug eyes will stare into your soul...

Pokemon (15):
  • Venonat (3)
Venonat – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[G] Radar Eye: Look at the top 7 cards of your deck and put 1 of them into your hand. Then, shuffle the remaining cards into your deck.

[C][C] Flop: 20 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Venomoth GX (3)
Venomoth-GX – Grass – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Venonat

[G][C][C] Secret of the Ninja: 110+ damage. If you played Koga’s Trap from your hand this turn, this attack does 90 more damage. If you played Janine from your hand this turn, during your opponent’s next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokemon from the attacks of your opponent’s Basic Pokemon.

[C] Dance Exchange GX: 60 damage. Shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 10 cards. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Resistance: none
  • Dedenne GX (2)
Dedenne-GX – Lightning – HP160
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Dede Change
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench during your turn, you may discard your hand and draw 6 cards. You can only use 1 Dede Change Ability per turn.

[L][C] Static Shock: 50 damage.

[L][C] Zappy Return GX: 50 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed. Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game).

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Jirachi (1)
Jirachi - Metal - 70 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wish Star
Once during your turn, if this is your active Pokemon, you may look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose 1 trainer card you find there, reveal it and put it into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into your deck. Then, this Pokemon is asleep.

[M][C] Slap: 30 damage.

Resistance: Psychic (-20)
  • Treecko (2)
  • Grovyle LOT (2)
Trainers (35):
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Koga's Trap (3)
Koga’s Trap – Trainer
Supporter

Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Janine (3)
Janine – Trainer
Supporter

Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose 2 of them and put them into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards into your deck.

• Lt. Surge's Battle (2)
Lt. Surge’s Battle – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent.

You may play up to 3 Supporter cards this turn (including this one).

• Erika's Hospitality (2)
Erika’s Hospitality – Trainer
Supporter

If you have 6 or more cards in your hand (including this one), you can’t play this card.

Draw a number of cards up to the number of your opponent’s Pokemon in play.

• Elm's Lecture (1)
  • Life Forest PS (1)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Net Ball (3)
  • Pal Pad (2)
  • PokeGear 3.0 (2)
PokeGear 3.0 – Trainer
Item

Look at the top 7 cards of your deck. Choose 1 Supporter card you may find there, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then, shuffle the rest of your cards into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack
  • Choice Band (3)
  • Escape Board (2)
Energy (10)
  • Grass (6)
  • DCE (4)

Needless to say, no one expected this... but it's here and it's actually kinda cool. It's main attack is the focus of this deck and it is actually extremely versatile. For two energy attachments (which can be a pain, but hopefully there's enough consistency here for it to work), you can do something as simple as 110 base damage, but can get as gnarly as doing 240 after mods and stutus, with an added immunity to basics. It can be the perfect Tag Team Killer, dispensing 3 of the six available Tag Teams in one blow, with the potential to K.O the rest before the beginning of your next turn under special circumstances. Let's break down why:

First, the effect of the attack is dependent on which supporter you use on your turn. If you use Koga's Trap, you bump your damage to 200 base, with ten from poison and 30 from a band, which give you 240. Barring Solgaleo GX, Metagross GX, And the Dragon, grass, and normal type Tag Teams, you're getting an OHKO on pretty much everything relevant in the metagame. If you can't get a Koga, then you can play Janine, which won't buff your damage but will give you Basic immunity that ensures that something like a Tag Team GX can't kill you on their next turn. Or, if you've already lost a Venomoth without gaining much back, you can play Lt. Surge, which will enable you to use BOTH OF THEM on the SAME TURN. God Surge is Broken. It's insane, and can lead to equally insane comebacks.

I also think that the rest of the pokemon that aren't part of the line help to boost consistency to a point where the deck can actually function. We have Lele to search for Elm/Janine/Koga and Dedenne to refresh the hand. Jirachi serves as another form of trainer-search support and a Guzma-pivot pokemon when paired with escape board, though this spot could also be filled by Venusaur/Celebi Tag Team, with the boards turning into extra Grass Energies. Then of course there's the Grovyle from Lost Thunder, that takes pressure off of finding/setting up Moths and allows Ultra Balls to be used on Lele/Dedenne.

Trainers like Net ball help in this regard too, giving you a semi-consistent form of energy acceleration from the deck, enough to suffice at least, as well as early game set-up finding the Nats and Treeckos. Pal Pad Recycles much-needed Kogas/Janines/Surges and Life forest serves as a form of sustainability, hence Why you could feasibly swap in a Venu-Celebi Tag Team and run that moster similar to how you would in its dedicated deck.

Edit 1:
It was pointed out to me that PokeGear would be good in this deck, and I agree, since it gives me a variant of Venonat's first attack which is really good.

+2 PokeGear 3.0
-1 Escape Board
-1 Erika

Last edited:

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I would also run a Ditto Prism Star with a Zebstrika over Dedenne GX. I am not a big fan of Dedenne GX in the least.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
I think you'd just do better cutting the Grovyle line altogether and also kick up your Venomoth line to a full 4-4. Venomoth is your main (and only) attacker and you ought to design your deck as such. The only reason why you'd consider a Grovyle engine is to play a Sceptile (either the Ultra Beast blocker in Celestial Storm or the GX). Otherwise, you'd be better off just playing a Shiinotic from SM Base for the higher HP. You'd be sharp if you point out that nobody plays that card. Yes, and that's because this Grovyle/Shiinotic engine is pretty mediocre. Trust me on this; Grovyle/Shiinotic just wastes time and bench space, and the resources you put towards getting a Grovyle/Shiinotic in play would probably be better spent getting a Venomoth GX instead. Need more convincing? There's a Fairy variant of that same Shiinotic and it sees zero play in Gardevoir builds.

I would also consider playing a Seviper or two, which allows you to hit slightly higher numbers with your Venomoth. You can take an OHKO on Solgaleo/Metagross GX, for example, with just one Seviper on bench and a Choice Band.

Wechselbalg

brb
The deck lacks a good 1-prizer - I'd suggest adding 2 copies of A. Grimer from Dark Order (it does 20+50xspecial condition on the opponent's active) as well as two copies of counter gain.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I'd go for 4-4 venomoth line and a 2-2 magcargo, to get each turn your needed supporter (janine or koga). Obviously oranguru, acrobikes, and lots of balls. Alolan grimer is a nice tech against dark weakness, but i'll prefer deoxis which is nice against naganadels in blacephalon matchup