• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (SUM on) RotoRat Deck Help!

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
I have been waiting for Alolan Raticate-GX ever since it was revealed in Japan! And sadly now that we have it we’re on the brink of XY’s final rotation, and that leaves us somewhat bare on Pokemon Tool cards...

I have the Pokemon lineup pretty much lined up so far:

4 Alolan Rattata CST 84/168
4 Alolan Raticate-GX CST 85/168
2 Heat Rotom ULP 24/156
1 Fan Rotom ULP 110/156
1 Rotom ULP 50/156
1 Rotom FLI 40/131
1 Mow Rotom ULP 14/156
2 Wash Rotom ULP 40/156
2 Oranguru SUM 113/149

And of course your searchers like Ultra Ball and the upcoming Advdnture Bag. Pokemon Fan Club to grab Rattatas and startup Rotom.

But for tools I can’t think of many that are useful beyond just dumping them, obvious choices like Choice Band and Escape Board. The upcoming Choice Hdlmet also looks fun.

But I can’t think of too much beyond that! I mean there’s things like Poison Barb for poison, Bodybuilding Dumbbells can make Raticate pretty beefy, but all the energy based tools like Exp. Share and Wishful Baton don’t work as I’m building this as a no-energy-required deck.

Anyone got sny suggestions?

yoooo! i love alolan raticate, i think its hilarious but also pretty playable. I think you should run 4 shrine of punishment to rack up damage, 3-4 max potion to heal raticate, and 4 missing clover, item maniac for free is just too good

I can’t believe that in a deck with NO energy that I forgot about Max Potion! I have prelinary numbers here, so you guys know better how to help (always easier with a solid list rather than sn idea to make edits/etc), here the prelim list:

RotoRat Deck:

Pokemon:18

4 Alolan Rattata
4 Alolan Raticate-GX
2 Heat Rotom
1 Fan Rotom
1 Rotom (lightning)
1 Rotom (psychic)
1 Mow Rotom
2 Wash Rotom
2 Oranguru

Items:28

4 Adventure Bag
4 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
4 Choice Band
4 Escape Board
4 Max Potion
4 Poison Barb
4 Ultra Ball

Supporters:10

4 Cynthia
4 Sophocles
2 Pokemon Fan Club

Stadiums:4

4 Shrine of Punishment

Now that I look closer at your suggestions, Item Maniac/Missing Clover IS hilarious! I keep forgetting things like N are rotating out, leaving only things like Ilima and Judge, Ilima I know won’t get played locally, not sure about Judge.

Hey! good start to the list, i think it just needs a few things. If i remember correctly the rotoms only need 9 tools in the discard to attack for free so 16 tools might be a little overkill, especially when you can search them with adventure bag. Also i would recommend playing a couple of weakness policy encase fighting ever sees a comeback. Also the missing clover concept is kind of a meme but its still pretty funny, so do with it what you will. I would also add in a couple of rescue stretcher to get back your key rotoms that hit weakness against your opponent. But overall i love the deck and will definitly be building it on ptcgo!

Thanks! I’ve been waiting so long to build this! And you raise a good point, not sure about the meta as a whole, but locally ZoroRoc, Buzzzwole and Garchomp show up just often enough for Fighting types to be a concern, now to decide which items to just drop and which to swap for Weakness.

I'm just wondering where Frost Rotom is. I know it shares a type with wash, but if you have to play 1 over the other, I think frost is better, since if you're up against something like Ray or Gardie, you can punish them severely, intead of trying to snipe something with pitiful amounts of damage.

I actually simply forgot about Frost Rotom lol, I’ll have to readjust some things, will post an updated list tomorrow!

Updated theory-oh!

RotoRat Deck:

Pokemon:18

4 Alolan Rattata
4 Alolan Raticate-GX
2 Frost Rotom
2 Heat Rotom
1 Fan Rotom
1 Rotom (lightning)
1 Rotom (psychic)
1 Mow Rotom
2 Oranguru

Items:30

4 Adventure Bag
4 Ultra Ball
3 Acro Bike
3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
3 Choice Band
3 Escape Board
3 Max Potion
3 Poison Barb
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Weakness Policy

Supporters:8

4 Cynthia
4 Sophocles

Stadiums:4

4 Shrine of Punishment

Opinions on changes?

Decided to divide up the Tools to avoid being locked into so few options. Wanted more utility than primarily just tossing them away. Also can’t wait to try out Sightseer!

Back