• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard SUM-on - MK Ultra Beasts

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
POKÉMON: 14
- 4 - Pheromosa GX
- 3 - Poipole
- 3 - Naganadel GX
- 3 - Pheromosa (has free retreat, attack is GGC for 90, but does 90 more of you have 1 prize left)
- 1 - Nihilego GX

TRAINERS: 35
- 4 - Ultra Recon Squad
- 4 - Professor Kukui
- 3 - Acerola
- 3 - Judge/Peeking Red Card
- 2 - Guzma

- 4 - Ultra Space (gets a free Ultra Beast on your turn)

- 4 - Max Potion/Super Scoop Up
- 3 - Rescue Stretcher
- 3 - Choice Band
- 3 - Nest Ball
- 1 - Multi Switch
- 1 - Pal Pad

ENERGY: 11
- 10 - Grass Energy
- 1 - Beast Energy Prism (Rainbow Energy for Ultra Beasts, but adds an additional 30 damage to attacks)

This is my first standard deck, so if the construction sucks, you now know why.

The idea here is to strike early, strike often.

Fast Raid allows you to put some early damage on the board and Pheromosa GX’s second attack is energy efficient and causes automatic confusion. And with Float Stone out of the format, I’d imagine it’s going to stick a bit better.

Neganadel GX is great. Does as much damage as Zoroark GX, but it’s GX can certainly help if you suddenly find yourself behind on prizes and can’t use Beauty GX to compensate..

I’m still trying to wrap my head around proper Standard build construction as I have done nothing but okay Expanded. I think there’s a lot going for the UBs post Worlds.

Any thoughts?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Generally, the public says that Pheromosa GX is trash.
The public is wrong.
Congrats on moving into Standard.
I was going to come up with a list of what you forgot, like N and Sycamore, but then I remembered SUM on.

I actually can’t find anything wrong wrong this deck.
However, I would like to say
-1 Acerola
-1 Multi Switch
-1 Nihilego
(Your most extraneous cards)

+3 Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode. Believe me, it’s super good.