• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-LTH) They called me crazy (Kingdra GX)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
They said it was unplayable. They said it was trash. They said it would never see the lights of the convention center floor or the glorious lens of the stream camera. They were wrong... I've done it (maybe).
Pokemon (19):
  • Horsea BUS (3)
  • Seadra (1)
Seadra – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Horsea

[C] Hydro Pump: 10+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Kingdra GX (3)
Kingdra-GX – Water – HP230
Stage 2 – Evolves from Seadra

[C] Hydro Pump: 10+ damage. This attack does 50 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[W] Reverse Thrust: 30 damage. Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[W] Maelstrom GX: This attack does 40 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Retreat: 2
  • Wooper (2)
Wooper – Water – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Ram: 10 damage.

[W][C] Rain Splash: 20 damage.

• Quagsire (2)
Quagsire – Water – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Wooper

Ability: Wash Out
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [W] Energy from 1 of your Benched Pokemon to your Active Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Hydro Pump: 60+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 2
  • Nincada (2)
Nincada – Grass – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[C] Fury Swipes: 10x damage. Flip 3 coins. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
  • Shedinja (2)
Shedinja – Psychic – HP40
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nincada

Ability: Life Vessel
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard all cards attached to this Pokemon and attach it to one of your Pokemon as a Pokemon Tool card. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 1 fewer Prize card.

[C] Haunt: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: none
  • Voltorb (1)
  • Electrode GX (1)
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
Trainers (30):
  • Crasher Wake (3)
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Aqua Patch (4)
  • Steven’s Resolve (1)
  • Sightseer (2)
  • Rare Candy (3)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Counter Catcher (1)
  • Brooklet Hill (3)
  • Choice Band (2)
Energy (11):
  • Water (11)
Now you, the reader, may have expected a Kingdra list for some odd reason, but it was ACTUALLY AN ELECTRODE GX SHOWCASE using Kingdra. As it goes, you already have a fairly consistent base with Crasher and Brooklet Hill, to help get the kings and 'sires out. However, losing a king is going to hurt and have a lot of energy go to the discard, more so than what you already lose from crasher. Enter Electrode GX. Here's how I see this final turn playing out.

1. Have a Kingdra in the active, with a Wooper/Quagsire, Voltorb/Electrode GX, and Shedinja/Nincada on the bench.
2. Use trainers to make the setup with all of the evolved forms
3. Use Shedinja's ability to attach it as a tool to Electrode GX.
4. Use Electrode's Ability to Knock it out (giving up one prize) and accelerate 5 Water Energy to your bench (mainly Quagsire)
5. Use Quagsire's Ability to move all of that energy to the Active Kingdra GX
5 1/2. Use Counter Catcher to bring up something you can OHKO (provided that your opponents has like 1 prize and you have two)
6. Take the final Knockout with Hydro Pump on Kingdra GX.

Alternatively, you could play this with a 3-1-3 Swampert CST line, and replace Sightseer with two more energy, but I would prefer Kingdra in this case due to a Higher HP and larger scaling/lower cost on its energy ramping attack.

I never expect this deck to make any waves at all, but I really can't think of any other way to use Electrode, since CST Sceptile, while it has a ramping attack like that, does not have a good partner to dump energy onto, although you could still play it that way.

They called me crazy... They havn't seen anything yet
mwahahahahaha
MWAHhahahahaHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
**maniacal laughing continues, but starts trailing off into the distance, as if it were being slowly swept away by an autumn breeze**

I really like the idea of pairing Kingdra with Electrode. However, do you feel the deck may need switch floats once your opponent hits into you so that there's options to get the energy off of the active to heal the Kingdra and then have the opportunity to use another supporter?

You should try to find a couple spaces for Max Potion. Since you can move water energy from the bench to the active, you can retreat or switch out a damaged Kingdra-GX, move all its energy to a new Kingdra-GX, and heal off all its damage with Max Potion. This will help keep those clunkier Stage 2s in play especially since you only have a 3-1-3 line of your core attacker.

Back