• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-LTH) Don't F***le With Shuckle (Shuckle GX)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
This is a meme deck. Shuckle GX is a meme card. Lucky for those interested, it is a dank meme.

Pokemon (16):
  • Shuckle GX (3)
Shuckle-GX – Grass – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Protective Pot
Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon with 2 or less Energy attached to them.

[C] Triple Poison: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put 3 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokemon between turns.

[C] Wrap GX: 40 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Ralts (3)
  • Gardevoir GX (3)
  • Gardevoir (1)
Gardevoir – Fairy – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kirlia

[Y] Brilliant Search: Search your deck for up to 3 cards and put them in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C][C] Sensitive Ray: 70+ damage. If you played a Supporter card from your hand during this turn, this attack does 90 more damage.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Alolan Vulpix [GUR] (2)
  • Alolan Ninetales GX [Y] (2)
Alolan Ninetales-GX – Fairy – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Alolan Vulpix

Ability: Mysterious Guidance
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may search your deck for up to 2 Item cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C] Snowy Wind: 70 damage. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[Y][C] Sublimation GX: If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is an Ultra Beast, it is Knocked Out. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2
Trainers (34):
  • Team Skull Grunt (4)
  • Enhanced Hammer (4)
  • Choice Helmet (3)
Choice Helmet – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Pokemon this card is attached to takes 30 less damage from the attacks of your opponent’s Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-EX.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Copycat (1)
  • Tate and Liza (2)
  • Life forest Prism Star (1)
Life Forest Prism Star – Trainer
Stadium

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Once during each player’s turn, that player may heal 60 damage and remove all Special Conditions from 1 of their [G] Pokemon.

As long as this Stadium is in play, whenever a player uses an Item or Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of those cards done to this Stadium.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
  • Field Blower (2)
  • Rare Candy (4)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Pal Pad (2)
Energy (10):
  • Fairy (6)
  • DCE (4)

Alright, let's get this over with. Here's the breakdown.

Starting with Shuckle, he wants to be in the active for as long as he can using his little Protective Pot. What is it protecting though? His self esteem? His crippling lack of resistanc eto peer pressure? No. It's that sweet sweet kush. And you have to commit to get some of it. That's why his ability walls against anything with less than two energy. His attack is pretty much pure psychedelic drugs too, and it makes the opponent have a bad trip. His GX attack is when he gets really mad and comes out of his "pot" to throw you around a little bit. Not too much though, he's still chill.

There are three big problems facing the shelled stoner though. Those are a) Rayquaza GX, b) Turning off his ability, and c) being moved. The biggest problem is Rayquaza GX. That's because his attack requires three energy to use, making his minimum higher than Shuckle's maximum wall potential. That's why I partnered him up with Gardie GX. Not only does its attack punish pokemon with large amounts of energy (like Lycanroc GX, the other major hurdle for this deck), but it completely bodies Ray GX, needing only 1 energy against a full-power Ray to OHKO it.

The other cards that are not energy, shuckle, or gardie are used to deny energy from your opponent or get fast return-based setups. To do the energy denial, we have the only two cards that do that in the format (that we know): Enhanced Hammer and Team Skull Grunt. This can completely immobilize Zoroark GX in its tracks, as it usually doesn't run basic energy. This also nerfs Buzzwole by a slightly lesser degree, since they can attack for a single energy, but Skull Grunt can be used to get energies out of their hand, which can hurt since they don't usually run that many energy recovery cards.

This is Shuckle. Don't F***le with Shuckle.

NSFW:

Mert

Aspiring Trainer
Love the idea, but I disagree with some of your trainer choices. 4 Team Skull Grunt sounds excessive, as does 4 Enhanced Hammer. My thoughts:

-3 Team Skull Grunt
-2 Enhanced Hammer

+2 Lillie
+3 Acro Bike (for a consistency boost)

jo94

Gen 3 lover
It is a great idea indeed. I'd make some twist just because of my tastes and how I play, but definitely a very good idea. I see potential!

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Loved the idea so much that I had to make my own list

Pokemon (12)
3 Shuckle GX (LTH)
3 Ralts (BUS)
3 Gardevoir GX (BUS)
1 Deoxis (CES)
1 Oranguru (SM)
2 Tapu Lele (GUR)

Trainer Cards (36)
3 Guzma