• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SUM-LOT: Lost Inferno! (Blacephalon-GX/Turtonator-GX)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 13
3 Blacephalon-GX LOT
Blacephalon-GX – Fire – HP180
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

[R] Bursting Burner: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned and Confused.

[R][R] Mind Blown: 50x damage. You may send any number of [R] Energy attached to your Pokemon in play to the Lost Zone. This attack does 50 damage times the number of cards sent in this way.

[R] Burst GX: Discard 1 of your Prize cards. If that card is an Energy, attach it to 1 of your Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
4 Poipole FLI
3 Naganadel LOT
Naganadel – Psychic – HP130
Stage 1 (Ultra Beast) – Evolves from Poipole

Ability: Charge Up
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a basic Energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Turning Point: 80+ damage. If you have exactly 3 Prize cards remaining, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
1 Turtonator-GX BSH

Trainer - 30
4 Cynthia
3 Lillie
3 Guzma
3 Sightseer
Sightseer – Trainer
Supporter

Draw cards from your deck until you have 5 cards in your hand. Before drawing, you may discard any number of cards from your hand.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

3 Mysterious Treasure
4 Ultra Ball
4 Beast Ring
2 Spell Tag
Spell Tag – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the [P] Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, put 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).
1 Rescue Stretcher

2 Ultra Space
1 Heat Factory Prism Star
Heat Factory Prism Star – Trainer
Stadium

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Once during your turn (before you attack) you may discard a [R] Energy from your hand. If you do, draw 3 cards.

As long as this Stadium is in play, whenever a player uses and Item or Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of those cards done to this Stadium.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Energy - 17
16 Fire Energy
1 Beast Energy Prism Star

Strategy: Get as many fire energies as possible onto my pokemon, whether from discard(Bright Flame/Ultra Balls, other energy discard means + Naganadel), Beast Ring power(at the point of game when there's 3-4 prizes left on opp. side) Nitro Tank GX(Turtonator-GX), and/or Shell Trap(to deter opp. attacks by threat of counters if they try) and unleash an inferno of counters at my opponent at the cost of either putting the energies into the lost zone(Mind Blown) or even psychic-type bodies(spell tag) so that the opponent gets floored to a loss by a combo of a flurry of damage + prizes flying out of my side of the table!

^ Any suggestions? Change ideas? Comments?

Change Log(10/21/18):
-1 Naganadel
-1 Blacephalon GX
-1 Reshiram GX
-2 Hala
-1 Guzma
-1 Field Blower
-4 Nest Ball
-1 Mysterious Treasure
-2 Choice Band

+3 Lillie
+2 Fire Energy
+4 Ultra Ball
+1 Beast Ring
+1 Turtonator GX
+3 Sightseer

Last edited:

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
I have tested this deck quite a lot myself and have a few suggestions:

-1 Hala ( 2 is a bit too much because you're not always going to use your GX attack early)
-1 Blacephalon GX (4 Just isn't necessary)
-1 Guzma (Guzma is not quite as important as he used to be)
-1 Reshiram GX
-4 Mysterious Treasure
-2 Choice Band (The only thing it helps against is zoroark and spell tag already takes care of that)

+2 Lillie ( Lillie is a great turn 1 supporter and, because you discard so much, It often draws 4-5 cards, almost as good as a Cynthia
+2 Fire Energy
+4 Ultra Ball (Ultra Ball is better than Mysterious Treasure in this deck because it allows you to discard more fire energy and it can search for Blacephalon)
+1 Beast Ring (Beast Ring is amazing and you want a high chance of getting 2 or 3, and having 4 also allows you to discard 1 or 2 without worrying too much)
+1 Turtonator GX or Kiawe (This is a replacement for Reshiram. Kiawe attaches only 1 less energy and ending your turn is the same thing as using Reshiram's GX attack. If your really still want a Pokémon to attach energy, Turtonator is a much better choice for a couple reasons. First off, his gx attack is more useful than Reshiram's because you are going to have a lot of fire energy in the discard. Second, His attacks are much better. Shell trap can stall while you use naganadel's charge up, and bright flame does a lot of damage and sends fire energy into the discard for naganadel to get out.

I would also consider adding sightseer. Hope this Helps!!!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I have tested this deck quite a lot myself and have a few suggestions:

-1 Hala ( 2 is a bit too much because you're not always going to use your GX attack early)
-1 Blacephalon GX (4 Just isn't necessary)
-1 Guzma (Guzma is not quite as important as he used to be)
-1 Reshiram GX
-4 Mysterious Treasure
-2 Choice Band (The only thing it helps against is zoroark and spell tag already takes care of that)

+2 Lillie ( Lillie is a great turn 1 supporter and, because you discard so much, It often draws 4-5 cards, almost as good as a Cynthia
+2 Fire Energy
+4 Ultra Ball (Ultra Ball is better than Mysterious Treasure in this deck because it allows you to discard more fire energy and it can search for Blacephalon)
+1 Beast Ring (Beast Ring is amazing and you want a high chance of getting 2 or 3, and having 4 also allows you to discard 1 or 2 without worrying too much)
+1 Turtonator GX or Kiawe (This is a replacement for Reshiram. Kiawe attaches only 1 less energy and ending your turn is the same thing as using Reshiram's GX attack. If your really still want a Pokémon to attach energy, Turtonator is a much better choice for a couple reasons. First off, his gx attack is more useful than Reshiram's because you are going to have a lot of fire energy in the discard. Second, His attacks are much better. Shell trap can stall while you use naganadel's charge up, and bright flame does a lot of damage and sends fire energy into the discard for naganadel to get out.

I would also consider adding sightseer. Hope this Helps!!!

Suggestion considered--accepted, but modified to make better space for sightseer:

-2 Hala
-1 Blacephalon GX
-1 Reshiram GX
-1 Guzma
-1 Cynthia
-4 Mysterious Treasure
-2 Choice Band

+2 Lillie
+2 Fire Energy
+4 Ultra Ball
+1 Beast Ring
+1 Turtonator GX
+2 Sightseer

^ Is the above ok? Any more ideas, comments, etc. that have to do w/ my deck idea? Thank you for your time.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi cardgjammer,

Nice list. Consider these modification based on the most recent revised list:

- 1 Naganadel (three suffice from experience and you need space)
- 4 Nest Ball (Mysterious Treasure is far better since it helps to discard)
- 1 Field Blower (nice but you need the room)

+ 3 Mysterious Treasure (discard and set up Naganadel fast)
+ 1 Lillie (Real effective since you can play down your hand fast)
+ 1 Cynthia (Since you often play down your hand you need to draw)
+ 1 Sightseer (see above)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Hi cardgjammer,

Nice list. Consider these modification based on the most recent revised list:

- 1 Naganadel (three suffice from experience and you need space)
- 4 Nest Ball (Mysterious Treasure is far better since it helps to discard)
- 1 Field Blower (nice but you need the room)

+ 3 Mysterious Treasure (discard and set up Naganadel fast)
+ 1 Lillie (Real effective since you can play down your hand fast)
+ 1 Cynthia (Since you often play down your hand you need to draw)
+ 1 Sightseer (see above)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Suggestion accepted!

How does my deck look now? Is my deck good enough? Or does it still have any problems? Any more thoughts related to my list?

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
Suggestion accepted!

How does my deck look now? Is my deck good enough? Or does it still have any problems? Any more thoughts related to my list?
I would run the forbidden light poipole because its moves are better(not that it matters much). Other than that, I cant think of anything. hope it turns out well for you!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I would run the forbidden light poipole because its moves are better(not that it matters much). Other than that, I cant think of anything. hope it turns out well for you!

Request granted.

Anyone else want to critique? My idea for the post-Lost Thunder street date future thanks you for the feedback pouring in, as do I. Assuming it's a good deck enough to not warrant any more valid suggestions, I assume it's set for when I get the cards hopefully next week or post-street date, depending on prerelease pulls... Once I get them, that's when I plan to the test my deck... Wish me luck in obtaining the cards I want!

Last edited: