• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-FRI) Friends on the Other Side: Mega Gardevoir 2.0 (Cofagrigus)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
With the leak of Fairy Rise in its entirety, Cofagrigus, among others, has caught the attention of the community in this forum pretty heavily, and I can see why, since it has a very similar attack to the Steam Siege Mega Gardevoir EX, which saw decent levels of play throughout its lifespan in the standard format. now that it has been adapted to a Non-EX/GX pokemon with scaling that negates the large reliance on Sky Field, I along with many others look to this pokemon with ideas on how to make it work. However, from what I have seen of the standard list for the Spicy Sarcophagus, mine differentiates to some extent. Observe:

Pokemon (19):
  • Yamask (3)
Yamask – Psychic – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[P] Curse: Put 1 damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1
  • Cofagrigus (3)
Cofagrigus – Psychic – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Yamask

[P][C] Soul Juggling: 10+ damage. Discard as many of your Benched Pokemon as you like. This attack does 30 more damage for each Benched Pokemon you discarded in this way.

Retreat: 3
  • Nincada (2)
Nincada – Grass – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[C] Fury Swipes: 10x damage. Flip 3 coins. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
  • Ninjask (2)
Ninjask – Grass – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nincada

Ability: Shed Skin
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may put a Shedinja from your discard pile onto your Bench.

[G] Scissor Cross: 40+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Retreat: 0
  • Shedinja (2)
Shedinja – Psychic – HP40
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nincada

Ability: Life Vessel
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard all cards attached to this Pokemon and attach it as a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon. When that Pokemon gets Knocked Out while this Pokemon Tool is attached, your opponent takes 1 less Prize card.

[C] Curse: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: none
  • Giratina (3)
Giratina – Psychic – HP130
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Torn Door
Once during your turn (before you attack), if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may play it onto your Bench. Then, put 1 damage counter on 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

[P][P][C] Shadow Impact: 130 damage. Put 4 damage counters on 1 of your Pokemon.

Retreat: 3
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Sableye FRI (2)
Sableye – Psychic – HP80
Basic Pokemon

[C] Fast Haunt: The player going first can still use this attack. Search your deck for 1 card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[P] Cursed Drops: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

Weakness: none
Trainer (31)
  • Sightseer (3)
Sightseer – Trainer
Supporter

Draw cards from your deck until you have 5 cards in your hand. Before drawing, you may discard any number of cards from your hand.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Acro Bike (3)
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Guzma (4)
  • Shrine of Punishment (3)
  • Mysterious Treasure (3)
  • Field Blower (2)
  • Steven's Resolve (1)
  • Spell Tag (2)
Spell Tag – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

When the [P] Pokemon this card is attached to gets Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, put 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).
  • Rescue Stretcher (2)
  • Field Blower (2)
  • Tate and Liza (2)
Energy (10)
  • Psychic (10)

This iteration of the Egyptian Elucidator uses a couple of Shedinja to improve upon the stalling potential of the main attacker. To do this, cards such as Sightseer, Mysterious Treasure, Ultra Ball, and Acro Bike are used to put the Shedinja in the discard, while enabling Ninjask to use its ability to move it to the bench, and from there to the active cofagrigus in order to make it a zero-prize attacker. This means that in situations where I cannot hit the right numbers with Cofagrigus, since getting a OHKO on GXs without weakness usually involves discarding the entire bench, I have a chance (provided they don't have field blower), to be hitting the 2HKO's just fine since I lose no prize cards on that knockout. Shrine of Punishments and Giratina are supposed to allow me to soften up those large targets enough to still get big knockouts. Spell Tag can also work if I don't have access to shedinja, since ideally I get one attack off, for 130 with no softening, making it 200 with three Giratina and the spell tag on the knockout. I probably need another Giratina and Rescue Stretcher, but this should be a good start in theory.

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
Maybe running red eyes banette could be a nice tech for sniping weak benched pokemon