• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-DRM) Nashville Hot KFC (Blaziken GX)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Pokemon (19):
  • Torchic (4)
Torchic – Fire – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[R] Peck: 10 damage.

[R][C] Live Coal: 20 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Combusken (2)
Combusken – Fire – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Torchic

Ability: Natural Cure
When you attach an Energy card from your hand to this Pokemon, remove all Special Conditions from this Pokemon.

[C][C] Lunge: 60 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

• Blaziken (2)
Blaziken – Fire – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Combusken

Ability: Firestarter
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [R] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Fire Stream: 90 damage. Discard a [R] Energy card attached to this Pokemon, then do 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat: 2
  • Blaziken GX (3)
Blaziken-GX – Fire – HP240
Stage 2 – Evolves from Combusken

[C][C] Slash: 60 damage.

[R][R][C] Explosive Kick: 210 damage. Discard 2 [R] Energy from this Pokemon.

[R] Blaze Out GX: Discard 2 Energy from your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

• Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Slugma (2)
  • Magcargo (2)
Magcargo – Fire – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Slugma

Ability: Smooth Over
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a card. Shuffle your deck, then place that card on top.

[R][C][C] Combustion: 50 damage.

Retreat: 3
  • Reshiram GX (1)
Reshiram-GX – Fire – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[C] Flame Charge: Search your deck for 2 basic [R] Energy card and attach them to this Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.

[R][R][R][C] Scorching Pillar: 110 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.

[R][R][R][C] Vermilion GX: 180 damage. You may attach up to 5 [R] Energy from your hand to your Pokemon in any way you like. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Retreat: 2
  • Victini Prism (1)
Victini Prism Star – Fire – HP90
Basic Pokemon

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

[R][R] Infinity: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of basic Energy cards in your discard pile. Then, shuffle those cards into your deck.

Trainer (27):
  • Rare Candy (3)
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Blaine’s Explosive Battle (1)
Blaine’s Explosive Battle – Supporter

You can only play this card if it is the only card in your hand.

For each of your [R] Pokemon in play, draw 2 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Sophocles (2)
  • Copycat (3)
Copycat – Trainer
Supporter

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw a number of cards equal to the number of cards in your opponent’s hand.

• Bill’s Maintenance (2)
Bill’s Maintenance – Trainer
Supporter

If you have any cards in your hand, shuffle 1 of them into your deck, then draw 3 cards. (If you can’t shuffle a card into your deck, you can’t play this card.)

• Acro Bike (3)
  • Steven’s Decision (1)
Steven’s Decision – Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for up to 3 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. Your turn ends.

You can play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Kiawe (1)
Energy (14):
  • Fire (14)

The gist of this deck is to use Blaziken GX to literally delete anything you come across with your second attack. In theory, you use a combination of Magcargo and Acro Bike to get most of what you need at any given point, mainly to get out a couple of Blaziken GX and baby Blaziken with the Firestarter ability, which is used to recharge the GXs. Kiawe is there to use with the 1 Reshiram GX, which is a decent Basic GX attacker, but one that may be better suited by Ho-oh. Victini is used to throw energy back into the deck, effectively resetting the hourglass in terms of how much energy can be found/used. There is an insane potential in terms of draw power in this deck, which should allow for consistent setup, including getting pokemon out and fueling them up via initial discards from ultra ball/acro bike. Also, in a pinch, I have one Explosive Battle to refill my hand and start all over.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Why do you not play Turtonator-GX or 4 Rare Candy? 4 Candy is a no-brainer since you play 5 stage 2's that you need to set up ASAP to get the ball rolling. Turtonator can set up 2 Blaziken(assuming you have 1 Energy attached to one) and is a strong basic attacker that benefits from Firestarter.

Bill is so bad. That card is worse than Hau, which at least synergizes with Magcargo. Just, Why?

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
Lysandre Prism wouldn't be a bad idea to add, putting your opponent's valuable cards in the Lost Zone is clutch. I would swap a Bill's Maintenance with it and swap the other Bill for a 4th rare candy. I agree with @gumball51321 in that any stage 2 deck NEEDS 4 rare candies to get your stage 2s out faster and before their pre-evolutions get picked off before you can evolve them.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Alright. I thought I had Lysandre Prism in there when I posted, and i had it in my mind the whole time, but i guess I blanked. :p

LLaLLoX

Aspiring Trainer
That deck looks pretty good,
Since the XY edition where I started to play TCG fire type, I have a special affection for his good skill and explosive attacks (Pyroar / Charizard EX / Reshiram EX, Volcanion EX / Turtonator GX / Ho-oh GX, and variants). Now this chicken with a huge attack and a very good skill (coming soon to the USA, I hope so XD ) and then comes the Magcargo GX that there are no words to describe his ability, attack and hp (OMG). No doubt good times will come for fire types.

Andy Sheppard

Fire Pokemon Afficiando
Advanced Member
That makes a lot more sense. I never thought I'd see the day Sophocles would be good for something...

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Haha, yeah.
Honestly though, maybe Sightseer would be a better option? I don't know.

Sophocles and Sightseer will always have talk about which is better as long as both cards in format as both do similarly the same thing (discarding cards with decent draw) but both are different with Sophocles is draw then discard while Sightseer is discard then draw (if you choose to discard of course as it is optional.) To me at the end of the day, it's down to preference. You do draw more with Sightseer if you discard your whole hand but it's not great if your hand is bigger than 5. With Sophocles there is no limit to what you can draw but you may draw less or more than Sightseer. Think about it like how in the last format, players were deciding between Octillery and Zoroark-GX.