ORAS Suicune in ORAS Uses Crystal theme?

Reggie McGigas

-
Looking on youtube, it seems that Suicune's theme in ORAS is actually it's theme from Crystal. Yes, 8 bit theme from Crystal.

Is this true? I won't be able to get the game until next week, so can anyone who has encountered Suicune shed some light on this?

Seven is a Color

Spinda Doctors
RE: Suicune in ORAS uses Crystal theme???

I'm not that far in yet, but from what I've read on sites and listened to of the soundtrack on Youtube, all the legendaries from past gens have the same theme as they did in those games. Not remixed or remastered, but the exact same theme with no updates/alterations.

Reggie McGigas

-
I'm conflicted because I like the crystal theme but at the same time I feel disapointed because they were too lazy to actually change anything at all.

ScorchingShock

Hype Train Conducter
It's for nostlaiga, of course. I like they didn't change it. A remix would be nice, but hey, I'm all for sticking with the classics. :)

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
Yeah it's the same, sounds really out of place but they did that for the all legendary themes, keep them exactly as they were in their generation. (Although I think ho-oh/lugia use their remixed from HGSS)

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
Reggie McGigas said:
I'm conflicted because I like the crystal theme but at the same time I feel disapointed because they were too lazy to actually change anything at all.

I think they did it to compliment the hoopa theory that hoopa is pulling all the legends from different regions to stop the main protagonist from hurting the environment

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Eh I wish they used the HGSS versions instead. Or the graphics would have temporarily reverted to 8-bit but that'd be asking for over 400 pokemon to be drawn into sprites along with new gen attacks and abilities.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
MegaBeedrill said:
Yeah it's the same, sounds really out of place but they did that for the all legendary themes, keep them exactly as they were in their generation. (Although I think ho-oh/lugia use their remixed from HGSS)

Lugia and Ho-oh didn't have themes in the originals, they just used the wild Pokemon theme IIRC. In fact aside from the Legendary Dogs' theme in Crystal, legendary themes weren't even a thing until 3rd gen.

As for the OP, no idea why they chose the Crystal theme, it sounds out of place in a modern Pokemon game. The HGSS theme would've made more sense.