Discussion Sudowoodo BKP-67

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Has anyone tried out this card yet? I plan to, but it seems like a great card. First off, this basically beats Manectric/Raikou decks. They can't not attack or they wont win and this easily one shots them. This can seal the deal against the new Darkrai EX with a fighting fury belt or muscle band or strong energy or stadium card. This also seems like a good addition in rainbow aromatisse variants. Lastly, it's just a good attacker overall; it does whatever the opponent does, so unless if it is an attack like Deoxys-EX's Helix Force then it will probably do a ton of damage. This includes using the effects of Giratina EX, Seismitoad-EX, Garchomp, etc. The possibilities seem very good. What's your opinion?
111606.jpg

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
I for sure want to try this card, just seems so incredibly potent. The deck that comes to mind first that could benefit from this is Tyrantrum in standard. Having the option to pivot between Giratina, Tyrantrum, and Sudowoodo just seems incredibly strong.

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
What about yveltal, nm, greninja, trevenant, toad, anything/bats (even manectric which the deck plays flash energy for these kinds of cards) so many other good decks beat this. Imo sudowoodo is a sub par tech most players will forget about or not deal with effectively, for it to be able to counter 1-2 decks in a format is not worth it unless your format believes that darkrai/goodnight babies is the right call for states or LC's.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
This with Focus Sash could be really annoying in a fighting deck such as Lucario/Bats, Lucario/Garchomp, Maxie's Garchomp etc..

BravoBoogie

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like a similar tech card as Zoroark Break, when played in the right meta it can be good. I know it has the type advantage but in what decks would you include it to make it worth playing it? Mostly fighting decks I assume, so they already have the advantage against mega man and Darkrai EX. I can see it used in Fairy tool Box as you said. In my opinion you can put it in the Regirock AOR corner, almost the same set-up.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
You could try putting it in to things like P. Groudon as you're expected to have a slow start anyways, it'll be a great way to simply switch out of P. Groudon and to potentially knock out Pokémon weak to it early game if you add a Muscle Band or Focus Sash if you plan to start with it. It's mostly how you want to play with the card. To me, it'd be almost be like having a Terrakion on the bench with one energy. If your opponent wants to attack and/or potentially knock out your active, they'll have to watch out for the Sudowoodo. The downfall is obviously if they attack that does very little damage.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Man, I pride myself on catching corky cards. Good catch Elbow! With Max Elixir, that might be a solid card. I'd probably run it with bats and play of the free retreat into the card. Maybe a weird Raichu deck.

On a side note: Max Elixir appears to make everything work that has 2 charge. Last night, I charged Kyogre EX Primal Clash on round 1 turn two for attack. Manphy was in the active, so I retreated with a float stone. It was against Night March, I hit him with delinquent, and blew the opponents hand away. I did thirty to Freebas, and Joltik came up. He dead drew for one card and hit me for One thirty on his turn. He didn't have anything on his bench. I M evolved next turn attached two and called game. My opponent was baffled as much as I was.

After playing a pretty good sample size, I opted that Kygore EX might actually be back. I was surprised. Shrugs...Maybe it was a good night?

Not as good as dark patch, but ya, for standard, something to consider to run with a two charge Pokemon is Max Elixir.

GreenPariah

Aspiring Trainer
I think this would be a "Fun" tech card in MAXIE/CHOMP just to give toad players a taste of their own medicine along with the hurt of being hit by a fighting stadium, muscle band, and strong energy. But thats about it, it could very easily end up being a dead card. But, it would absolutely do wonders for revenge KOing. That 2 Retreat cost hurts it though. I will have to test it in my build of MAXIE/CHOMP