Sucessfully Selling on eBay?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
I need figure out a better way to sell cards because in light of recent transactions there have been a few times where I had people claim they never received their cards and demanded a refund. The first two times were genuine I can tell they were being honest and they never got their cards, mostly likely due to poor packaging (I put two pieces of thick cardboard to protect the card but it was too fat for the envelope) but this one new customer... sfcdunn or something like that, is quite a suspicious character.

He has low feedback, which is always a red flag unless they're new. However he's also been begging me for bids on his items. If they don't sell to a price he likes, he cancels the item and acts as if he doesn't have it so if I win a Kyurem EX tin for 10$, he's gonna cancel it before it ends. He has the grammar of a 10 year old which makes me think he's just a kid. However he knows that Paypal will automatically refund the buyer and favor the unreceived item dispute if the seller has not added tracking with it. So since it was just a Moltres I lost 1.25$ on this transaction. No biggie but that 1.25 could have been used for a new booster pack or something. I want to avoid situations like these but these cards are too cheap to go for a tracking or something... so all I do is put them in a top loader, place them in a security envelope and stamp and done. For more expensive cards I always get it cushion envelope with confirmation but I have a LOT of worthless 1-2$ cards from Next Destinies...

...what do you expert sellers do to avoid these kinds of situations? What's the best way to get rid of these not so valuable cards? (other than selling to Troll and Toad... ick. They aren't bad... but I'd like more than just a quarter for my holos.)

http://myworld.ebay.com/sfcdunn91

This is the buyer. According to his feedback left for others, he seems to have "not received" cards from someone else who offered free shipping. Hmm...

I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but what I do is sell my worthless cards in bundles. I get a lot of commons and uncommons together and sell them in sets between 50 and even 200. Don't expect to get much money for them though. One set of 50 got me just about $25. But another set of 100 cards netted me $125.

ISB said:
I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but what I do is sell my worthless cards in bundles. I get a lot of commons and uncommons together and sell them in sets between 50 and even 200. Don't expect to get much money for them though. One set of 50 got me just about $25. But another set of 100 cards netted me $125.

Wowsers. Didn't think you could do that. That beats selling to Troll and Toad, people who demand bulk here by a long shot. 10-25$ is way better than making 2.75 for 50 cards!!! I'm not expecting to hit that amount though as I usually value them for at least 0.10 but that's better than 0.055. Man 100 for 125$ that's a almost dollar for every common, nice work Troll and Toad only gives you that much if you have 1,000. :|

I hate to bump a 2 month old thread but I would like to warn other sellers about this user, sfcdunn21. He managed to win a Mewtwo EX full art from me for 53$ and 5 days later he tried to open an I haven't received my item case. I did have confirmation and it says he received it in 3 days.

He is likely scamming people claiming he hasn't received them and getting money back as well as re-selling them on eBay but refuses to let them go unless he profits.

Do not sell cards without confirmation. Scum like him won't hesitate to rip you off. Even I messaged him the confirmation and proof, he tried to open it AGAIN although eBay declined it.

This is why I only buy from people with 90% positive feedback or more, the risk can be annoying because you worry about it.

All you need to do is report this guy to eBay seller support and they will ban him once they can prove he is committing fraud/scam. It's that easy. You can also block him from bidding on your items.

As for the cheaper cards, all you need to do is charge a bit more for shipping (like $1.75). This way you can print out a shipping label using eBay/PayPal which will cost $1.64 for anything under 3 ounces and includes a tracking number.

Another thing to watch out for, is someone not giving you feedback.

There are 2 people who have bought cards from me, one of which has been ignoring my messages and has CLEARLY gotten the item, and the other has already confirmed the item and has avoided giving me feedback for a whole month.

But there is really nothing you can do to get feedback out of someone. You can really only message them, which can only get you so far. It's really annoying because my feedback rating would be almost double if everyone left feedback, on both the buyer and seller side :/

Daelum said:
But there is really nothing you can do to get feedback out of someone. You can really only message them, which can only get you so far. It's really annoying because my feedback rating would be almost double if everyone left feedback, on both the buyer and seller side :/

Yeah, and it's a hassle because of that waiting time when you sell stuff. I don't have enough feedback to get over it and I was in desperate need of it to eliminate it.

Yeah have the same problem I have been selling things they say they never recieve. I have had to give refunds to loads of people as ebay sides with them :(. Ebay is flawed it favours the buyers not the sellers. They protect all buyers no matter how bad they are ebay or sellers cannot prove if the buyer recieved.

Back