General Stuff to do while grinding.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
So I'm not sure how many of you guys play a lot of grinder games, but I personally quite enjoy a game called Dragonfable, which is basically entirely grinding. I've been getting a bit bored with the grinding lately, though. I thought it might be kinda fun to share things we do to make grinding be more entertaining. I personally enjoy playing youtube videos on my iPad while grinding on the computer. I'll play stuff like speed runs of games at AGDQ or Smash the Records, just to listen to the runner and other people talk about the game. Any other cool ideas for making grinding less boring? I need all the tips I can get, because I'm literally over like a day or two's worth of grinding (and I mean 48+ hours, not the amount of grinding I can do in two days) away from being the max level.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
When I grind in Pokemon, I like to listen to music, or listen to YouTube videos in the background while I play.

It's what I used to do when I studied, or did homework in college. It acted like white noise of sorts to help me focus on what I needed to do/what I was doing.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
When I grind in Pokemon, I like to listen to music, or listen to YouTube videos in the background while I play.

It's what I used to do when I studied, or did homework in college. It acted like white noise of sorts to help me focus on what I needed to do/what I was doing.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing so far. I was just kinda curious to see if I'm doing the same thing as everyone else, or if there was something I was forgetting about. Thanks for responding!

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I would highly recommend a YouTube channel called "The Modern Rogue"

It's essentially two professional jackasses having fun and teaching you about a wide variety of things. They have everything from NERF gun modding to spy camera detection to how to shoot a bow like a Mongolian horseback archer. Huge variety. Mild swearing.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I would highly recommend a YouTube channel called "The Modern Rogue"

It's essentially two professional jackasses having fun and teaching you about a wide variety of things. They have everything from NERF gun modding to spy camera detection to how to shoot a bow like a Mongolian horseback archer. Huge variety. Mild swearing.
That sounds pretty interesting. I'll try and remember to check them out. Sometimes the random stuff really is the best for grinding. The other day, I watched the Tetris world championships from a few years. I don't even play Tetris.

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
I grind in Splatoon 2 to get the Hero Weapon Replicas, which little of you would know about, and while I do so, I like to groan and complain pay attention to what I'm doing (???). How can you successfully grind and fully pay attention to something else if it is causing you to mess up and start all over again?

EDIT: I also grind for gold kart in MK8DX

Last edited:

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I grind in Splatoon 2 to get the Hero Weapon Replicas, which little of you would know about, and while I do so, I like to groan and complain pay attention to what I'm doing (???). How can you successfully grind and fully pay attention to something else if it is causing you to mess up and start all over again?

EDIT: I also grind for gold kart in MK8DX
I play games like Adventure Quest Worlds and DragonFable. They're the epitome of RPG grind games. I do have to pay attention somewhat, in AQW to make sure I keep aggroing new monsters and in DF I need to click on my abilities, but it's extremely monotonous, and fairly easy to do while listening to other stuff. Even if I do mess up be pressing the wrong ability, it wastes no more than 5-10 seconds usually, unless I die, in which case I might waste up to 20 seconds.