Ruling Strong Energy, Fighting Stadium, Wreck, and Land's Judgement

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Hello professor team. I have a question for you because I don't understand mechanically how this all works out:

Strong Energy
Fighting Stadium
Landorus EX
Donphan

I've been told that if I use Landorus's Land's Judgement attack with a Strong Energy attached, and I discard the strong energy via the effect of the attack, then Landorus would still get the extra 20 damage from the Strong Energy. However, I've also been told that if Donphan uses Wreck while Fighting Stadium is in play, and discards the stadium via the effect, then Donphan would not get the extra 20 damage from Fighting Stadium. My questions are:

A) Is this true, that Landorus would get a boost but Donphan would not?
B) If this is correct, what is the difference between the two? I was told you have to "complete all effects of the attack" before calculating damage, which is why Donphan doesn't get the boost. The stadium would already be gone. But by that logic, Landorus-EX's Strong Energy would already be gone as well, so I'm not sure what the difference is.

If somebody could clear this up, that would be great! Thanks! n_n

Landorus gets the boost AND Donphan gets a boost too. Here is a post from pokegym where pokepop thanks someone for a post that says donphan still gets the boost and THEN the stadium is discarded.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?184177-Donphan-s-wreck-fighting-stadium

UGH THAT'S WHAT I SAID >:[

Ok, thank you for the response n_n. I was pretty sure Donphan got the boost but I was told otherwise so I figured I would double-check. Thanks.

Back