News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I honestly feel that this Darkrai GX is a bit underwhelming, I dont think more than 1 copy will be used.

One is all you need. It's busted in Expanded. Resurrect, Dark Patch and attach for turn and you're back swinging for solid 2HKOs and slicing through Resistance to boot. Drop a laser and you can now OHKO anything in the game. It's Lunar Fall GX on steroids. It's tier one, no doubt about it.

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
Darkrai GX, AKA the free Ultra Ball. Drop him and a dark energy, grab what you want from your deck, and res him. Literally make the cost of the ultra ball mean nothing in dark decks.

Pizzadone

Merely a collector
Advanced Member
Darkrai in TCG: 13 cards. 2 EXs, 1 GX, all are meta. Oh, and a movie.
Cresselia in TCG: 7 cards total. 1 EX (absolutely horrendous) and 1 Regular rare in standard. Just atrocious. Best appearance (IMO) was with Darkrai in their legend card.

At least Cresselia fans can get revenge in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Evolutions-On is looking more and more like a thing. Jesus Christ man, can they stop with all the Dark and Water support. Turbo Dark is already hard enough to beat. Its the Standard Dark Patch, the Pokemon.

Darkrai in TCG: 13 cards. 2 EXs, 1 GX, all are meta. Oh, and a movie.
Cresselia in TCG: 7 cards total. 1 EX (absolutely horrendous) and 1 Regular rare in standard. Just atrocious. Best appearance (IMO) was with Darkrai in their legend card.

At least Cresselia fans can get revenge in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

I would kill for a good Cresselia.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Expanded turbo dark is now going to be a Darkrai/Darkrai/Darkrai deck. This Darkrai is a potential one-of in any deck that runs darkness energy imo.

Anyone want to come and try to tell us how PCL is moving us away from a big basic oriented metagame? Because this smells like more of the same shit to me.

Also I want to try a memedeck with 4 sky field and 4 energy switch, can use your Darkrai-GXes to pull darkness energies out of discard, switch them to your Darkrai-EX or other energy holding cards, and you don't even worry about them getting donked since you can just pull them back up the second you have bench space with a new darkness energy. Even if they get donked with energy on them your net loss is basically nothing.

Last edited:

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
Expanded turbo dark is now going to be a Darkrai/Darkrai/Darkrai deck. This Darkrai is a potential one-of in any deck that runs darkness energy imo.

Anyone want to come and try to tell us how PCL is moving us away from a big basic oriented metagame? Because this smells like more of the same shiat to me.
Yeah, I had my hopes with SM that we were moving away from basics dominating, but I agree. SM2 and these new cards are making me think that hope will be crushed.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Bwahahaha! So just today, one friend got Ninetales GX, his favorite and another friend just got Dark GX, his favorite while my other friend has been crying for a new Gengar and hopefully a GX but nah, let's spit out another Darkrai cuz why not?

I'm just sitting here still waiting for my M Loppuny EX or even a Lopunny GX...

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Yeah, I had my hopes with SM that we were moving away from basics dominating, but I agree. SM2 and these new cards are making me think that hope will be crushed.

Same here. Now I'm thinking nothing will change except we have stage 2 GX Pokemon now. I hope you all are ready for a rotation-less format...

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I'm honestly surprised we got a non-Aloladex GX so quickly. I assumed they'd hold off for a bit until they had a solid base of Alolamons and pokemon located in Alola before they started printing random stupid strong big basic legends that have no real relation to the region, unless it somehow ties in to the next movie, but we see SM3 is pushing Ho-oh and Necrozma already.

I do agree though that rotation of BKP/BKT looks more likely now since they seem to be rolling out these big cards pretty quickly. Personally I'd like to see Generations on.

CrownXY

as brave as a talonflame
why you do this TPCI ? It's like buffing all old decks...nothing that is worth it's own deck. this darkrai is just gonna go in the turbo dark and make it more fast, if it wasn't fast enough :/.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
MY EVALUATIONS
  • Fini GX - Meh! Not good enough! This is the reason why Koko and Lele are in Guardians Rising while This one and Bulu aren't.
  • Darkrai GX - This is a "3-4 Geodude" card! It can res itself just like Ho-oh EX. Decent attack that counters Fairies. The GX is.... Ok! Maybe Salazzle will do the trick. Like what I said, Special Conditiins aren't the main concern as of now. Maybe he could be an insert to the powerful Dark decks this August because this set will possibly tie-in with Necrozma and Ho-oh.
Chaos Tower and an AO Ariados or BP Hypno would do the trick

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
Don't forget the SR and HR versions of both of these alongside 75% recycled tat in mirror reverse holo. SM needs a decent concept pack, and soon.

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
Darkrai GX and Aqua Patch are not what I wanted to come back to see. That said, maybe Primarina GX will finally have it's chance... to... *snicker*... shine...!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...Ahem.

(I do need to collect all the Tapu cards, though.)

-Asmer