Storing Cards

hamzor

Aspiring Trainer
As my collection is growing I realise that I have no method for storing my cards. I want a hard plastic for each individual card but I also want them stored in bulk, i.e. a binder? Please feel free to suggest any ideas on storage as I am open for ideas at the moment.

My bulk cards get stored in Card boxes. My bulk meta cards go into plastic snap-tight cases (60 count), and all Prime and expensive cards go into top loaders

i only keep 3 of any card in my binder (example 3 of Pikachu HS 3 pikachu of another set) if i have extra i just put them in a tin. i have an extra tin with 900 + cards then i have an energy tin

i personally have a huge collection
started with hgss and started growing bigger

for each set, i have a small cardboard box (300 card count size)

i keep around 4-6 of each card (incase i want to build a deck with them)
and seperate each type with RHs

then i keep all my rares and holos in one big binder

everything else goes into tins as bulk

Try like a box or maybe you can get a plastic tub from store like Toys R us that can actually hold lots of cards and can be changed to various sizes. For the more rarer cards, use top loaders or just a separate binder.

Binder, binder, binder. I store it by set in one large binder, with any cards Super Rare/Secret Rare in a separate binder to keep them nice (so I can let the littler kids at league mess around with the other binder). Then, energy cards in a separate tin, and illegal cards I keep in their own binder by type (by set would be just too much work :p).

Commons and uncommons go in my Binders, Old cards go in random box since I never use them, and I have a couple plastic boxes where I keep random cards I'm to lazy to binder. My league and tourney stuff go in a big box, where I keep my mat, dicebag, Deckbox with deck, deckbox with other cards, tin with old rares, and my binders with rares, primes, and good commons/uncommons.

Thank you for all the replies but I should have stated some specifics. I only collects cards I do not play the TCG and so I have no duplicates or cards that can afford to deteriorate. I have a 1st edition Base set Charizard in Mint/Near Mint conditon(or at least it was) sitting in a terrible cheap sleeve inside a terrible cheap binder and because of the heat it has started to bow, it brings me to tears. I want something that will fit the cards snuggly so they do not bow and also something to keep the cards together and organised. My Collection when complete(which I'm sure will be soon)will entail around 1500 cards so keeping in mind the most cost effective way to keep them in pristine condition. Lastly I hope to one day have all the cards PSA Graded so I don't want to spend a fortune on something that will be useless once Graded. On a side note (I hope I'm not violating any forums rules by straying from the topic) is the packaging that PSA uses suitable for what I am after, and if not would PSA be willing to use a better quality packaging if I provided them with it? Thank you for taking the time to read this and I am looking forward to your feedback :D

okay.
theres a new sleeve. called perfect fit. theyre at my comic shop, shouldn't be hard to find
they are thicker penny sleeves that have a nice tight fit on cards. cut for precise size

you can put the cards into those sleeves, and then into a monster binder.
they are nice quality and their sleeve pages are side loaded, so cards wont slip out the top

overall, you can get these for $30 total. and itll be a great look and great protection for your cards

KMC perfect fit sleeves
http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?nItemID=81682

monster binder
http://www.toywiz.com/monsterbinderblackmatte.html

those are just sites for pictures
you can find cheaper prices at local shops or online/ebay

I keep my ultra-rares and playables in 4-pocket binders, and all my commons/uncommons with no use in 600 count card boxes.

I use binders for all the shiny and rarer things that I have. Pokemon licenses binders and folders for this purpose. If you go with a box come up with a way of organizing them first. I have a box for every iteration or set based on how many I have. For example I have a whole card box dedicated to HG/SS. Then I arrange them by type and then alphabetically so its' easier to find.

Really liking your idea ogeray. Also thinking about perhaps hard plastic single top loaders and then just cardboard boxes? opinions?

thats a good way to protect your cards. however there wont be a easy way to display them/look through them.
most people use binders for this reason

Hey guys haven't been on in a while and just picking up where we left off. What I meant was do you know of any pages that will fit rigid top loaders inside them?

Back