Art Gallery Steffenka's Card Artworks - Dragoon Island!

I really think you need to make the Pokemon fit to the panel (i.e. not zoomed in). I'm having difficulty seeing Honedge's features, especially the sword point, and the blue thing took me a while to recognise Dx. Doublade looks extremely zoomed, which I think is why you think it's horrible. The pose doesn't look too bad from what I can see imo. Aegislash is okay, but it I would like to see its features (i.e. point). Even Slurpuff feels a bit too cut; I'd recommend extending it so you can see at least part of both feet. Swirlix is my favourite, and very cute - I think it's mainly because I can see all of it. Actually, I think most of my favourites are not cut. Hopefully this doesn't come across as too critical - it's supposed to be constructive >.>
No not at all! The reason that all of them are zoomed in, is because they were finished before you made that comment. The next piece have Pokemon that are much less zoomed in on, and I think that they look better. However sometimes, I'd rather zoom in than draw a difficult Pokemon in full body (yes, I'm lazy), since it's kinda hard to feel out details on (ex.) Mega Rayquaza in a 6 x 4 cm. rectangle ^^;

Aegislash looks very zoomed in and also looks like it just finished off a big thanksgiving meal.

I agree with bbninjas in that the artwork should be zoomed out. I don't recall many cards that have zoomed in artwork like yours.

I can understand the need to zoom in, but I have to agree with the case where the few pieces that are actually zoomed out are definitely helping add a bit more depth to the overall art.

Besides that point, I think you're continuing to do a nice job with the outlines of the Pokemon and coloring!

Sorry about the late posting! Postings are going to be less frequent, since school starts next week, but I'll try to do a piece each week!
Here's the latest artworks, created after the feedback:
420_421__046_047_by_steffenka-d93kh6r.jpg

I think you should've shifted the Purple Cherrim down a bit, cause I think there is something on its head that I can't really see. All look great though!

I think you should've shifted the Purple Cherrim down a bit, cause I think there is something on its head that I can't really see. All look great though!
Thank you! By shifting it down do you mean showing the top of the purple petals?

Also the next artworks will feature 4.5 birds, all of them from gen. 1 and 2!

Thank you! By shifting it down do you mean showing the top of the purple petals?

Also the next artworks will feature 4.5 birds, all of them from gen. 1 and 2!
Pidgeot confirmed.

And steffenka, do you still take requests? I'm finding myself in need of more art, and yours is perfect for cards. :)
If so, I could really use Basculin (both formes) at the moment. Thanks!

Pidgeot confirmed.

And steffenka, do you still take requests? I'm finding myself in need of more art, and yours is perfect for cards. :)
If so, I could really use Basculin (both formes) at the moment. Thanks!
Or not.

Yes I still take requests! Would you like Alomomola with them?

Or not.

Yes I still take requests! Would you like Alomomola with them?
Alomomola's not actually in either of my setlists, so I won't request it, but I would love to see one, if you want to include it! :)

I still feel you've zoomed in too much. I'd love to see the whole of the legendary bird's bodies, as well as the wings of Lugia and feet of Farfetche'd. I think you've really improved with the other aesthetics though! The outlining is beautiful, they all look proportionate and the backgrounds are quite nice.

steffenka this is beautifull! I love your style!
Can i do a request? If so
Pidove-line :p
or
Swablu-line

I'd love to see more ;)

i also like how Cherrim gives Tropius a massage!
And the Paras/Cherubi
And the art for Staraptor is just 2 beautifull

Last edited:
@bbninjas sorry about the long waiting time, here's your Glalies. This is definetely the hardest piece I've drawn yet, so I really hope you like it! ;)

361_362___362m__478_by_steffenka-d96pr1k.jpg

I'll do the Pidove line next for @TheFlyingPidove, and thank you for the compliments too! :3

Your art is gorgeous. I like it more than some of the actual art! I think my favourites are Pichu, Pikachu, and Amamalama. But seriously, you are an amazing artist! :D

Back