TCG Fakes Status Marker Dice

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by alfierobles, Mar 9, 2019.

1. alfierobles Aspiring Trainer
    alfierobles

So I made these custom dice for playing with my husband.
    I don't like the rotating system for statuses as much, so I figured these might be fun to do and play with.

What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019

2. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

These are very elegantly crafted @alfierobles! Did you create the symbols for Special Conditions yourself? I did see the die earlier and was trying to figure out the practical applications in a game since obviously you don't just roll to get a Status condition; I suppose it could help decide for "Choose a Special Condition" style effect or the like. It would open up some opportunities, that's for sure.

alfierobles likes this.
  3. alfierobles Aspiring Trainer
    alfierobles

Hey, thank you again!
    Yes, I made the icons myself. And I'm planning on doing more. I think it will be fun experimenting with different versions of custom items.

The way I use them is by showing the face that corresponds to the status of the current card.
    For example, in this picture, my Tapu Koko was asleep...
    [​IMG]

bbninjas likes this.
  4. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Oh duh! Of course that's how you would use the die -- you can tell that I haven't touched the game competitively for some time haha.

I look forward to seeing the other custom items that you end up making! ^.^

5. ShaQuL That's what I do, I clown on you.
    ShaQuL

Wow I really like these! I don't like the whole rotating thing, especially when I have evolved Pokemon etc and I can never remember which way is which... how did you make these? Are they blank dice with stickers or...?

6. RealArity Cold Weather-seeker
    RealArity

I like this, it opens up the possibility for future cards with attacks that allow you to roll the dice for a status condition. (Also an extremely valuable source of salt from opponents, but pretend you didn't hear that from me!)

7. SneaselGenesis Aspiring Trainer
    SneaselGenesis

Very nice design, definitely would prefer these over the game's mechanics to notify status.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?