Blog States: Share Your States Experience

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
So hey
I am a Senior and just played at states (New Jersey) and placed 21 out of 29 :( but 21:cool:. It was a great environment, lots of friendly people, decent size of tournament. I played Yveltal Zoroark Gallade for a record of 2-3-0. I did see a couple of Juniors get disappointed about mistakes. Do you think the Judges should chill out on mistakes and takebacks for that division?
Would love to hear your States experience and what you think about my question

What's up fellow NJ player :)
I was at states as well this past weekend. Sorry about your record btw.
Many people these next few weekends are getting their points for Worlds from States and are getting their invites. Points are on the line for these kids who will compete for this country if they make it. To put it short, take-backs do matter regardless of age division. If its for byes at nationals and stipends per point, I wouldn't take back an action if I knew it could cause me to lose/be set back. Judges should treat all players fairly as well and shouldn't think "well this kid is a junior, he deserves less of a penalty." To put in perspective, the youngest World Champion is Jun Hasebe at 7 years old. Kids between 8-11 are capable of fully understanding the game and knowing all of the rules as well. Because he/she is a junior should cause a penalty to be changed. For example, as a junior, how would you feel if your opponent used Birch after using a Lysandre and only got a 'warning?'
As for my states run, I went 4-3. I was 4-1, but played 2 bad rounds. I also think my deck had some poor choices, but that's another issue XD

huh now that I look at your face you do look like somebody who I saw
A. No need for pity I am happy with it XD
B. Junoirs aren't exactly great at calculating damage for an example, so my point is: their weaker mind could cause more mistakes
C. I know another NJ player from here
Would you consider making a team

Hey! More NJ Seniors! I could not make it to NJ states:( But I might be going to New York and Delaware states. The judges never gave me anything to bad. I have only been penalized for clear mistakes such as: forgetting to put out prize cards, and stupid mistakes just as that.

I'm a master btw. And i don't mind helping you out if that's what you are looking for!

Ok great guys just
A: i cant test over tcgone since i dont have the cardd
B: be warned i am a young senoir
C: i cant 100% be coming
D: PM with phone numbers to make a quicker chat

Back