Starting all over, please help with these theme decks

piers

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I used to be an avid fan of Pokemon TCG before, with a Sneasel (Neo Genesis) deck, and I quit playing. Now, because of my younger sister, I'm hooked into Pokemon again (bad sister x.x), and bought two theme decks, Shadowquake and Fire Red. I know you guys don't generally like people asking for help on theme decks, but I'll ask anyway. Can you guys help me on improving these theme decks? I no longer have knowledge of the new cards, those beyond Neo Destiny. Please help me. Thanks in advance! ^_^

tip:

dont use theme deck, build ur own or copy some list from 'deck garage',

or u can wait until world-champ's decks comes out and copy their list

Well, you got a point. Hmmm... it might be a good idea... There is something I've learned in my past experience in playing Pokemon though. You certainly don't enjoy playing if you always lose to others, however, you'll never enjoy playing if you always win to them too. We all know that Sneasel deck's among the best, that card alone's just so broken, none but the advanced to expert players can beat me. It kinda saddened me that some guys don't stand a chance at my deck at all, so now, I wanna start over, and just play to enjoy, not play to win. I'll be fine with a working deck, able to win at least half the time. So, can you help me? I also need help getting to know the new cards, which trainer cards are good to use, and so on. Thanks, and my apologies if it sounded as if I'm bragging and arguing.

Firstly, DO NOT use mon-typed decks. Come across a deck you are weak against and BAM!!! you are beaten. try to find a deck that no 1 type can be super effective against both of your types. i.e. don't use and electric/normal deck. BAD!!!. try to use something like a grass/water or psychic/rock (my two best decks). Also, when using decks, decide wether to have a quick-attack one, a status one, or a big evolution. All are good when used properly.

You bought the Fire-Red deck? Here's what you do if you don't plan on buying more cards: Take the Pidgeot out of that deck, make room for it in Shadowquake and play that. It's obviously not competitive, but Pidgeot makes every deck better, no exceptions.

RE:  Starting all over, please help with these theme decks

TYranitarFReak said:
or u can wait until world-champ's decks comes out and copy their list

I disagree with that. I doubt a carbon-copy of a World deck will do well at all in the upcoming format. I could be wrong, however.

piers said:
Ok, I used to be an avid fan of Pokemon TCG before, with a Sneasel (Neo Genesis) deck, and I quit playing. Now, because of my younger sister, I'm hooked into Pokemon again (bad sister x.x), and bought two theme decks, Shadowquake and Fire Red. I know you guys don't generally like people asking for help on theme decks, but I'll ask anyway. Can you guys help me on improving these theme decks? I no longer have knowledge of the new cards, those beyond Neo Destiny. Please help me. Thanks in advance! ^_^

Are you talking about the shadowquake theme deck from LM? If you are it is a very good deck because gengar is very powerful and so is huntail and gorebyss.:)

Ok, several replies compiled into one post:

You guys don't have to worry, I know the basics of Pokemon TCG, I have adequate knowledge in deck-building, I just need info on the new cards, especially those that would work well with the two decks I bought.
Well, I'd rather buy some theme decks first to give me at least a few cards of the new sets, and as a basis for my future decks. I won't mind buying cards as long as that doesn't make me modify these decks too much.
Yes, it's Shadowquake from LM, I've been hearing (from reading the posts in here) that it's a really good deck, Gengar LM alone makes it nice.
I'll also accept the fact that the FR deck is only good because of Pidgeot, the deck itself isn't good as a whole.
Thanks to all those who posted!

piers said:
Ok, several replies compiled into one post:

You guys don't have to worry, I know the basics of Pokemon TCG, I have adequate knowledge in deck-building, I just need info on the new cards, especially those that would work well with the two decks I bought.
Well, I'd rather buy some theme decks first to give me at least a few cards of the new sets, and as a basis for my future decks. I won't mind buying cards as long as that doesn't make me modify these decks too much.
Yes, it's Shadowquake from LM, I've been hearing (from reading the posts in here) that it's a really good deck, Gengar LM alone makes it nice.
I'll also accept the fact that the FR deck is only good because of Pidgeot, the deck itself isn't good as a whole.
Thanks to all those who posted!

I have the FR deck too and both those decks are good but get some boosters to help with your decks so you can make them stronger.:)

Back