BW/BW2 Starter Evolutions confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if it came off and he awkwardly stood up like that, it would make him more of a caveman then a samurai, lol.

you guys are so gullible if you look at the image you can see that the image is fake ! until corocoro comes THIS IS ALL FAKE!

@Tarazuma: Yeah, because a caveman otter would be the shizz. /sarcasm x3

@Seixolas: Well, yes some of us are very gullible, but you have no ultimate proof for it being fake or real... (I've officially lost hope).
The images with the starters on it are definitely fake. More than obvious with all of the errors on it. xD But the starters themselves could be real. This interview, however, doesn't prove anything though. Sure Ken described how he created the starter evolutions, but does his descriptions match the starters? Noooot really. But all we can do is wait. Only 7 more days left of war and agony. o_o

@ManhattanTheStar: Yeah, I'm thinking that the designs/concepts are real, but the 'leak' on the homepage is definitely fake (way too many careless errors). This interview supports such.

Seixolas, you have a good theory. Although some info will come from Pokemon Sunday (JM will be on. YES!) and stuff after the anime. Anything other then those, though, will be assumed fake.

Off topic: Hey, shouldn't the leaks of corocoro come out tomorrow night? Cause I hope they will kill this starter evos argument!

^Or early Saturday morning. Unfortunately for me, I have to go to bed early Friday night and get up early Saturday morning because I have a cross country meet. And as much as I love pokemon, I would rather be at a cross country meet because I am VERY close to making it to Nationals. (sorry for getting more off topic)

(quoted people from another site aka pokecommunity to help prove my point)
AceDragonite;6141391 said:
Well I started to like Miju's evo when Ken Sugimori explained it. I like Pokabu's evos and Pokabu is my favorite starter, so I'm definetly having a hard tme picking.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1138051.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1138056.jpg

Translated by a friend on Serebii Forums
Ken Sugimori, primary illustrator: I really struggled the most with the Water-type [starter] this time.
Yusuke Ohmura, illustrator: There was talk of, “Wouldn’t a sea otter be good for the Water starter?” But it was a really close decision in terms of what this sea otter would become once it evolves. In the end, we decided to have it evolve into something with a completely different appearance.
Sugimori: Of course, we want to make the starters into Pokémon that remain with the player throughout the game, so we hope to make them evolve into creatures that offer a surprise to the player. We always make an effort to throw in some twists and create third-stage evolutions that have an impact.
Ohmura: There was also talk this time about dividing the three starters into Japanese, Western, and Chinese styles of design. Tsutaaja was based on Western design, and Pokabu was rooted in a Chinese style, so I was told, “Let’s make Mijumaru into a more Japanese-style design.” Someone even asked, “Can’t you make Mijumaru into a samurai?” [laughs]
Everyone: [laughs]
Sugimori: I worried about it for a while, and I eventually went to go see the sea otters at the aquarium. I happened to catch the sea lion show while I was there, and I became aware of the sea lion’s power. “Well, let’s try blending a sea otter and a sea lion,” I thought. I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru’s stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that’s how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution.”

Tyxomm;6140872 said:
I guess that the starter evolutions are confirmed real now T_T

The starter evos are fake. Its been proven with that very interview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai

In the beta art we got like 2 or so months ago we first saw Mijumaru's evolution, along with Tsutaja's (and koromori and kibago blah blah blah).

Upon closer inspection of Mijumaru's evo he had a samurai kusazari/haidate around his waist with one shell on each side, which basically symbolized having two "sheathed" katanas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai

In the beta art we got like 2 or so months ago we first saw Mijumaru's evolution, along with Tsutaja's (and koromori and kibago blah blah blah).

images

Upon closer inspection of Mijumaru's evo he had a samurai kusazari/haidate around his waist with one shell on each side, which basically symbolized having two "sheathed" katanas:

image018.jpg

Samurai's use swords, not horns. Samurai's are bipedal. Sea Otters are also quadrapedal (at least i think they are) but Mijumaru isn't and neither is his evo. It wouldn't make sense for a Samurai to become a non samurai through an evolution, especially since the whole samurai personality and look is being given early on both in the anime and in the design of Mijumaru and its first evo.

Mijumaru's evo shown in the beta art also has a hair spike in the back, which could later turn into something resembling a helmet.

Another thing is Mijumaru's design is Japanese. Unicorns aren't japanese but Samurai's are.

Basically the starter evo shown on 2ch/4ch is wrong.

First: He doesn't say WHERE the "katana" is gonna be when it evovles! Only that it goes from a shell to a sword + if they really gave Wotter3 a real-looking katana... it would look SO much uglier! Also remember that he is also saying that its a mix of otter and sea lion.. isn't this one a sea lion maybe?
AND second: Pokawesome is said to have Chinese design. Those symbols on its belly is actually some Chinese symbols-things! We first heard about the Pokabu-China stuff in that scan... :b

^^YES! There is still hope for Mijumaru to evolve into what is Playerking95's avatar or other awesome Mijumaru evolution fanart. Thank you for clearing this up BBQ. :D

First: He doesn't say WHERE the "katana" is gonna be when it evovles! Only that it goes from a shell to a sword + if they really gave Wotter3 a real-looking katana... it would look SO much uglier! Also remember that he is also saying that its a mix of otter and sea lion.. isn't this one a sea lion maybe?
AND second: Pokawesome is said to have Chinese design. Those symbols on its belly is actually some Chinese symbols-things! We first heard about the Pokabu-China stuff in that scan... :b

A katana is a sword not a horn.

The fake Mijumaru3 has a lot of things that just pop out of no where. Even with pokemon like Magikarp to Gyarados they still kept similar features.

Mijumaru and its evo are samurai's but that fake one from 4chan is not. Read on page 6 where I explain exactly why its fake.

What I was trying to get it was Miju3 has nothing samurai about it, nothing katana related about it, and nothing that really can be traced back to Mijumaru's beta art evolution.

Yep they did, but the meaning of this thread is to be happy about the evos being real. But some people wants to fight again... :b

while i do hope these are real tyhey might be fake but people should be happy if you dont like them thats your opinion but going through all this to prove something is childish and there just pokemon no reason to fight over it lets be happy :)

Thanks for posting all that Boarbeque, I agree on all counts. One of 3 scenarios of falsity is going on here:

1. The evo pics are fake, most likely scenario, especially because of this pic someone else made:
14nhhg4.gif

2. The interview is fake (unlikely) or someone is lying about what the interview says.

3. There are translation errors of the interview, and/or Sugimori is being too vague or misleading in the design talk.

Because the shell horn on the Mijumaru evo's back is in no way, shape or manner a sword, and cannot be construed as such in any way other then an EXTREME stretch of the imagination. Even if it was detachable, it would then become a club. Also it's design is in no way related to a samurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back