Help Start deck

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Hey everyone! I’m beginning my path to the 2020 World Championships, but don’t have my main deck pieces yet. Any recommendation for a quick cheap deck that I can play in challenges and cups for quick points?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Cheap? Malamar may qualify as cheap now that you can just buy two theme decks and have 80% of the pieces (the Necrozma theme deck).

Otherwise... honestly, wait until after Worlds, and see what happens.

Catastrophia

PokéBeach Articles Editor
Articles Staff
Agree with snoopy369, wait and see until after Worlds and resist the urge to impulse buy.

That being said, Malamar is definitely one of the more affordable decks as it doesn't rely on any newly release cards which are they their most expensive currently. The Breloom spore deck also looks really nice and I'm definitely going to consider building it. ReshiZard won't be too bad after the figure collection box comes out too, but you would still need to get a hold of the Fiery Flints and Jirachi/Volcanions.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Agree with snoopy369, wait and see until after Worlds and resist the urge to impulse buy.

That being said, Malamar is definitely one of the more affordable decks as it doesn't rely on any newly release cards which are they their most expensive currently. The Breloom spore deck also looks really nice and I'm definitely going to consider building it. ReshiZard won't be too bad after the figure collection box comes out too, but you would still need to get a hold of the Fiery Flints and Jirachi/Volcanions.
I mean, I do have about 40- 50% of malamar, including the 4-4 malamar.

Catastrophia

PokéBeach Articles Editor
Articles Staff
I mean, I do have about 40- 50% of malamar, including the 4-4 malamar.
Sounds like a good start! The Jirachi will probably be the biggest expense in the deck, you need 2 at a very minimum (I wouldn't run less than 3) and in the UK they cost about £20 on average at the moment per card, but you can get them from £15 if you're lucky.

Depending on who you pair with Malamar you will have to fork out for them as well, the TinaChomp build is my favourite, but the classic Ultra Necrozma-GX build is very strong, and MewMew is also a popular build right now.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Sounds like a good start! The Jirachi will probably be the biggest expense in the deck, you need 2 at a very minimum (I wouldn't run less than 3) and in the UK they cost about £20 on average at the moment per card, but you can get them from £15 if you're lucky.

Depending on who you pair with Malamar you will have to fork out for them as well, the TinaChomp build is my favourite, but the classic Ultra Necrozma-GX build is very strong, and MewMew is also a popular build right now.
Same, I’m planning on doing tinachomp, though until I get the the tinachomp I’m playing LOT Giratina

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

Shrug, you could run it without Jirachi. It wouldn't be as competitive, but it's not an _absolute_ requirement for the deck.