Star Art-Pokemon Art.

RE: Star Art-Pokemon Art. Updated 10/9/10

Thanks! Hey it's nice to see a familiar face around here feels good to be back :)

The Politoad is my favorite out of your recents. The crab thing(sorry, I forgot the name), looks a bit akward when it comes down to anatomy.

BTW, I would be totally freaked out if I was pulling on some leaves and pulled out a sleeping Oddish. And feel extremely guilty, as well.

Oh those are not recent at all lol
In fact, those are very old.

Look on Page 13 for now until I can update my page.
Those are my most recent drawings.

StarForce, your drawings are BEAST! The Scizor is My fav. It looks like Scizor manga version.
I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1. How long does it take you to draw each drawing, ex the Steelix one?
2.How do you make the color pencil look so good? :O

It would be appreciated if you would answer these questions! :)

~Gushy~

Thank you both!

Gushy,

I. It really depends on how long I feel on working on a picture the Sazando one for instance would have normally only taken me 15-20 min to draw but I was going and coming back to it so it took around 1 1/2 days to finish. The Steelix and Scizor ones probably took me around 20-30 to do.

II. I use the color pencils like I do a pen I use to just draw in pencil but it's hard to make out when scanned or looks saturated so I opted for pens both are similar but pens shading requires more precision as you usually can't erase I was self-taught though so I don't know really what technics there might be out there for proper etiquette on shading but I shade like I do with Pens and somewhat with pencils.

Hope I answered your questions! Cheers!

Your welcome by Sunday I should have updated this with a few more pics so look forward to that.

RE: Star Art-Pokemon Art. Updated 1/10/11

So yeah it's been a long while since I updated really bad thing is I didn't see it coming and wholly intended to update this but life as we all know usually doesn't happen the way we plan it to and on that note I'd like to say my only excuse for NOT updating I lost my internet connection at my house I have internet now BUT it's cause I am taking a "vacation" at my old brother's place however my brother doesn't have a scanner so while you have me you can't have my art what a shame :p anyway let's continue progress though I have recently been playing with GIMP 2.6.6 for about a month so now what your gonna get is my GIMP stuff until I get my internet and scanner back home but that doesn't seem likely in the near future so just a heads up.

Gangsta Lizard - Zuruzukin

Melt into the Shadows - Gengar

1,2,3 Paint! Smeargle!

Shine on - Cleffa

Deadly - Gastly

What brush did you use for the "smeargle" word? Looks like an interesting calligraphic effect I might wanna try.

It's called Levi Brush I downloaded from dafont it's one of my favorites to use.

:(

I thought it was a brush. Maybe I'll try to design one in gimp.

It does have "calligraphic" brush

47066159.png

(my chinese name using Gimp's calligraphy brush)

...but that's just a slanted line being used as a brush, you don't see intricate brush detail :|

You and me both but hey it works especially for the smeargle pic.

Maybe I'll try to design one in gimp.

That's as far as I could attempt.
callt.jpg

(the brush template is in the red box, it is at the actual full res)

Used random opacity to give it more texture randomness. Beyond that I hit the roadblock at trying to simulate brush shape variance (which is probably impossible with a normal gimp brush)

btw it's surprisingly very nice for drawing "hair" if you use that brush shape on an airbrush tool

Cool I'll keep that in mind thanks!

Possibly DRAWINGS ZOMG!! Coming today we will see though.

So I am back again to drawing. I definitely won't update like I use to in fact I haven't really drawn in almost a year or so. But here I am again trying to provide some decent Pokemon drawings whether they be in color or black and white. I'll update soon.....hopefully.

RE: Star Art-Pokemon Art. Updated 7/17/11

Some sketches. The actual Pokemon are some simple ones I whipped up in minutes.
The Fakemon are re-draw from my original sketches you can find them in the Fakemon Contest along with some other great entries. I basically redid them cause I felt the ones I used for the Contest were a bit lackluster in terms of forme and just personality.

Roonip-1.jpg

Grimdrik-1.jpg

Pansear.jpg

Druddigon.jpg

RE: Star Art-Pokemon Art. Updated 11/2/11 with Whimsicott, Druddigon, Pansear, and my Fakemon!

A little Whimsicott picture I whipped up.
Wanted some irony in the picture.
Enjoy!

Whimsicott.png

Back