Standardising the Old DPPt Archetypes

Lucho505

Aspiring Trainer
Hi people, latley Ive been coming back to the pokemon TCG, mainly because of the PTCGO, also going through my old cards that I used when I played competitive back in 2009/2010

So, my main goal now is to rebuild my old decks that I used in that span of time. The problem is, a friend was the one who used to build the decks, whereas I focused more on trading and such

Then, can you guys help me to figure out the deck builds ? I dont want them to be exact the same from back then, but to have some kind of strategy involved in them and to be played more or less the way they did back in the day

So, the 2 decks I have to build from scratch are a deck featuring Torterra lv X as its main powerhouse, and another featuring Honchkrow lv X. I have to add that, when I played, the available expansions were Diamond & Pearl through Platinum (so no Garchomp C or Luxray GL here)

The third deck that I want to rebuild I actually have almost all the cards, but going through it I figured there were too much energy cards and some are proxys without name from back in the day, so what I wanted is to post the deck build I currently have and you guys to help me figure out what is wrong with it

The deck is the old Gardevoir/Gallade which was common as hell back in the day, but all deck lists I found featured Dusknoir lv X (which I have an extra copy out of this deck, the DP one, so its possible it was in there), but theres no traces of its evolutionary line in the deck

So, here is the list

Gardevoir lv X (Secret Wonders 131/132) x1
Gardevoir (Secret Wonders 7/132) x1
Gardevoir (Platinum 8/127) x1
Gallade (Secret Wonders 6/132) x1
Kirlia (Secret Wonders 53/132) x1 - Im almost sure this is a proxy of Platinum Kirlia
Kirlia (Platinum 51/127) x1
Ralts (Platinum 89/127) x4
Sableye (Stormfront 48/100) x4
Claydol (Great Encounters 15/106) x1 proxy - Im sure there one of the other pokemon must be a proxy for another claydol
Baltoy (Great Encounters 60/106) x2
Kricketoot (Platinum 78/127) x2 - Im sure these are Legenends Awakened Uxie proxies
Azelf (Legends Awakened (19/146) x1
Weavile (Secret Wonders 40/132) x1
Sneasel (Diamond&Pearl 100/130) x1
Darkrai (Great Encounters 4/106) x1 - Maybe claydol proxy ?
Palkia lv X (Great Encounters 106/106) - Maybe claydol proxy ?

Bebe's Search (Secret Wonders 119/132) x4
Roseanne's Research (125/132) x1
1 proxy that says both Roseanne's Research and Rare Candy, theres 4 Rare candy on the deck so its not that
1 proxy that says both Roseanne's Research and Moonlight Stadium ... I figured it was another Roseanne's Research, because I would run 3 on this deck, but moonlight could also work, right ?
Professor Oak's Visit (Secret Wonders 122/132) x2
Team Galactic's Wager (Mysterious Treasures 115/123) x1
Rare Candy (Great Encounters 102/106) x4
Luxury Ball (Stormfront 86/100) x1
Premier Ball (Great Encounters 101/106) x1
Night Maintenance (Secret Wonders 120/132) x1

Basic Psychic Energy x4
Special Darkness Energy x4
Darkness Energy x8
Fighting Energy x1
Fire Energy x2 - Totally fighting energy replacements

So, theres that, I also used a cresselia lv X based deck, but I only used it once and Im not that much into rebuilding that, but if you heard about it and you have a deck composition for that, be sure to leave it here also

All in all, thank you so so so so much to all who take the time to read all this and more to the ones who post

Cheers

why not add mewtwo lv x family instead of cresselia to the deck
for quicker damage output ? since cresselia lv x with a mere 100 as a step up from 80 hp cresselia won't bring it up much . the lv x attack of cresselia is amazing if you have toxicroak to help on the side with poison to damage the opponent quicker while charging cresselia lvx

why not add mewtwo lv x family instead of cresselia to the deck
for quicker damage output ? since cresselia lv x with a mere 100 as a step up from 80 hp cresselia won't bring it up much . the lv x attack of cresselia is amazing if you have toxicroak to help on the side with poison to damage the opponent quicker while charging cresselia lvx

What I meant with the cresselia lv X is that I had a separate deck (not the gardevoir one) that featured him/her as the main attacker, I'm not thinking of adding it to the deck I quoted

Thanks a lot for the answer !

I believe the Gardevoir/Gallade build was something like:

4-2-3-1 Gardevoir lvX
0-0-2 Gallade
2-2 Weavile (Secret Wonders)
2-2 Claydol (Great Encounters)
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium

4 Call Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Something along those lines. Call energy was something used on the first turn to grab multiple basic pokemon. I remember people would run a 1-0-1 Dusknoir (Diamond & Pearl) tech to limit their opponents bench space or Palkia lvX alongside Moonlight Stadium to Gust of wind any of your opponents pokemon and wth Moonlight Stadium and Weavile's Poke-Power all of your pokemon would have free retreat.

I believe the Gardevoir/Gallade build was something like:

4-2-3-1 Gardevoir lvX
0-0-2 Gallade
2-2 Weavile (Secret Wonders)
2-2 Claydol (Great Encounters)
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium

4 Call Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Something along those lines. Call energy was something used on the first turn to grab multiple basic pokemon. I remember people would run a 1-0-1 Dusknoir (Diamond & Pearl) tech to limit their opponents bench space or Palkia lvX alongside Moonlight Stadium to Gust of wind any of your opponents pokemon and wth Moonlight Stadium and Weavile's Poke-Power all of your pokemon would have free retreat.

great, thanks a lot for the info, ill think ill build this with a little swaps (swap 1-1 weavile with 1-0-1 dusknoir or 1-1 palkia lv X ... and maybe run 4 psychic and 4+3 dark energies)

thanks a lot for your feedback !!!

Back