Games SSB4 Discussion

Nyora

A Cat
Hey all! Recently, my league leader was able to successfully open another league in the area, and they had some TVs there! So, in the 2nd week of the new league, some people at my league started brining over SSB4 every week for everyone who wants to play to play. So, I, uh, kinda got back into Smash Brothers >.>

Anyways, I'm maining Olimar, Villager, and Duck Hunt. Who do you main? What formats do you like to play? Have you ever had anything funny happen in a game? Do you even know what SSB4 is? Discuss!

One last thing, awhile now I've been thinking of hosting an SSB4 tournament/casual play thread. Would anyone be interested in this?

I really like Super Smash Bros in general, I played Melee once when I was young, and then didn't start again until my mate got Brawl on the Wii. I loved it so much that it alongside Mario Kart were pretty much the only reasons why I convinced my parents to get me a Wii. Otherwise at school a bunch of us used to emulate the original to play during the lunch break or when we weren't doing class work.

I think it is awesome you can do that, my current experience with SSB4 is pretty weak, I don't know anyone who plays, so most matches are complete stomps on my behalf, bad enough that the others opt to go teams and do 1v3 against me since they just haven't played. I am probably terrible by the people heres standards, but I still enjoy it from time to time. Unfortunately being in the middle of no where, trying to play online was just met with massive lag spikes, and terrible ping, meaning that was a lost cause so I only got to play whenever someone came over and asked me to play.

I don't really have a main, I mostly would just play random, though if I was going 1v3 I would typically play Lucario, Shiek or Greninja, with Little Mac being a common pick for me otherwise. I only really play stock, and while I prefer items off, the people I play with (when they actually come around) love them.

I enjoy SSB4 a lot! Unfortunately, nobody else in my area does so I'm forced to play online, and it's where any experience I have comes from. I main Lucario currently, with Rosalina, Marth, and Pikachu as secondaries. I'm not good, so I only have a 36% win rate. However, I only ever use the Gamepad, and never the GameCube controller.

For those of us who play, we need to get a group of awesome clips and submit them for a YouTube series called "The Salt Is Real" so it's primarily a Pokébeach episode! Anyone else up for that?

Ahh, SSB4... I love playing that game. My main is Villager, with G&W and Ness secondaries. Nowadays, I only really play casually (with competitive rules though), but there used to be a weekly near me that I'd go to, and even though I'd normally get my butt handed to me, I always loved going and met some great people. There was one week when 33 people entered and I made top 8. That was great. I was also usually the only girl who showed up. :p

One last thing, awhile now I've been thinking of hosting an SSB4 tournament/casual play thread. Would anyone be interested in this?
I'd want to play. Depends if it's 3DS or Wii U though; I'd be a lot more likely to enter if it was 3DS.

For those of us who play, we need to get a group of awesome clips and submit them for a YouTube series called "The Salt Is Real" so it's primarily a Pokébeach episode! Anyone else up for that?
You mean montages? I used to do those a long time ago, actually. My brother would play and I'd do all the editing. Here's the one I'm most proud of below.
I guess in other words, I'd be willing to do the editing if something of that sort happened. ^v^

I enjoy playing Smash, though I'm pretty terrible at it. I usually play as either Ike, Robin, or Lucina because I love Fire Emblem. :p

I don't play competitive but I do like to play SSB4 every once in a while. My main is Bayonetta and when I can't use her due to, um, let's just say handicaps, I use either Toon Link or Lucario. Even though I'd rather play with one of those three, when I'm able to convince my brother I like to have matches where we both pick the random slot. I don't mind most items,but I rarely play with ones like the Gust Bellows. I sometimes have all Pokemon matches as well, just Poke Balls and Pokemon.

Funny things? Well I guess this sorta counts. My cousins have Brawl and we used to play it together a lot. No one ever used Wario unless we rolled him when we selected random. I guess Wario got jealous because years later when we were playing it, someone actually decided to pick Wario. After a few seconds of laughing at his poses the game crashed. We had to reset the Wii to play again. Selected Wario again and it crashed, for some reason we decided to keep testing this out and it turned out Wario was indeed the one causing the problems. I think his data's corrupted or something like that but it's no fun to think that.Moral of the story? Don't mess with the Wario.

I don't play competitive but I do like to play SSB4 every once in a while. My main is Bayonetta and when I can't use her due to, um, let's just say handicaps, I use either Toon Link or Lucario. Even though I'd rather play with one of those three, when I'm able to convince my brother I like to have matches where we both pick the random slot. I don't mind most items,but I rarely play with ones like the Gust Bellows. I sometimes have all Pokemon matches as well, just Poke Balls and Pokemon.

Funny things? Well I guess this sorta counts. My cousins have Brawl and we used to play it together a lot. No one ever used Wario unless we rolled him when we selected random. I guess Wario got jealous because years later when we were playing it, someone actually decided to pick Wario. After a few seconds of laughing at his poses the game crashed. We had to reset the Wii to play again. Selected Wario again and it crashed, for some reason we decided to keep testing this out and it turned out Wario was indeed the one causing the problems. I think his data's corrupted or something like that but it's no fun to think that.Moral of the story? Don't mess with the Wario.
yeah Bayonetta is a pretty hard character to play. :p

Yeah, I'm garbage with Bayonetta. I can beat some people online with her, but I'm much better with my mains.

Another random thing... I love using ledges to my advantage. When I use Lucario or Rosalina, I like to drop from the ledge and then jump and hit my opponent with an Up-Air. Or when I'm using Lucario, I also like wall-clinging and doing the same thing.

Back