Squirtle's Squad

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
This is just a thread where I will be compiling all faked cards that I've made, both for Create-A-Card contests, and other cool ideas I have when bored!

Mainly for me really just so I can see what I've done and have it all in one place but by all means, stop by, check them out and leave feedback if you'd like :)

Here are my Create-a-Card entries so far:

Stage 1 Forretress HP100[M]
[sprite]204[/sprite] Evolves from Pineco

205.gif

NO.205 Bagworm Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 227.3 lbs.

SF-Ability
Toxic Spikes
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Benched Pokémon you may discard any Stadium card in play. If you do, place this Pokémon and all cards attached to it as a Stadium card with this effect:
Whenever any player's Active Pokémon is Knocked Out, the new Active Pokémon, excluding [M] Pokémon, is now Poisoned. Put 1 more damage counter on Poisoned Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) for each card attached to this Pokémon between turns.
This Pokémon stays in play when you play it. Discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it, if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
[C][C] Rapid Spin 30
Discard any Stadium card in play.

weakness [R] x2 resistance [P] -20

retreat [C][C][C]

It is encased in a steel shell. Its peering eyes are all that can be seen of its mysterious innards.

Stage 2 Greninja δ DELTA SPECIES HP140
20px-Psychic-attack.png

[sprite]657[/sprite] Evolves from Frogadier

658.gif

NO.658 Ninja Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 88.2 lbs.

SF-Ability
Ninja Shadow
When your Active Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack (yours or your opponent's) and this Pokemon is in your discard pile you may put this Pokemon onto your Bench and attach 1 [P] Energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon. If you do, switch this Pokemon with your new Active Pokemon.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Shadow Sneak 60
Switch the Defending Pokemon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. That Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

weakness
20px-Lightning-attack.png
x2 resistance

retreat

It appears and vanishes with a ninja's grace. It toys with its enemies using swift movements, while slicing them with throwing stars of sharpest water.

Basic Deoxys EX HP180
TCGMind

386.gif

SF-Ability
Psionic Discharge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may have your opponent draw up to 3 cards. For each card drawn in this way, put 1 damage counter on one of your Pokémon. You may only use 1 Psionic Discharge Ability per turn.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Psycho Boost 20+
This attack does 20 more damage times the number of cards in your opponent's hand.

weakness
TCGMind
x2 resistance

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

Pokémon-EX rule
When Pokémon-EX is Knocked Out your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Stage 1 Shedinja HP80
20px-Grass-attack.png

[sprite]290[/sprite] Evolves from Nincada

292.gif

NO.292 Shed Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 2.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Wonder Guard
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be damaged by an attack from your opponent's
20px-Fire-attack.png
Pokémon, this Pokémon is Knocked Out instead.

20px-Grass-attack.png
20px-Grass-attack.png
Silent Swipe
Put damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon equal to the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Fire-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png

retreat

A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit

Other random creations / ideas:

Stage 1 Malamar HP110[P]
[sprite]686[/sprite] Evolves from Inkay

687.gif

NO.687 Overturning Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 103.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Reversion Ray
Once during your turn, (before your attack), you may discard an Energy card attached to this Pokémon. If it was a basic Energy, and the deck is face-down, both players flip their decks face-up (when shuffling the deck, shuffle the deck face-down). If it was a Special Energy, and the deck is face-up, both players flip their decks face-down.
[P][P][C] Recharge Revival 50
Select up to two cards from both player's Discard Pile and put them on top of their respective deck in any order.

weakness [P] x2 resistance [P] -20

retreat [C][C]

It wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and it forces others to do what it wants.

With Inkay and Malamar, I really liked the idea of being to flip the deck and have effects relating to the visible top card. I'm thinking of making other cards to act on this archetype that would all work hand in hand with Inkay and Malamar.

Basic Inkay HP60[P]

686.gif

NO.686 Revolving Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 7.7 lbs.

[P] Psyshock 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[P][P][C] Disrupt Distortion
Discard the top card of your opponent's deck. If it was a Pokémon, Trainer card, or basic Energy, this Pokémon is now Knocked Out. If it was a Special Energy, the Defending Pokémon is now Knocked Out.

weakness [P] x2 resistance [P] -20

retreat [C]

Opponents who stare at the flashing of the light-emitting spots on its body become dazed and lose their will to fight.

Hope you all enjoy :)
SS.

Trainer - Stadium

Trick Room

This Stadium's effect can only be used once per match, during either player's turn. If either player's deck is flipped five times during one turn, both players select one of their own Pokémon in play. Those Pokémon are now Knocked Out. Discard this Stadium card.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

This is a Stadium card idea I've had that would work with Malamar and Inkay.
Because it has such a potentially devastating effect I've had to limit it to only one use throughout the whole battle..I've tried to make wording as legit as possible but because there's nothing like it, it's hard to find a reference to match.

Also if anyone has any ideas that fit in with this archetype of cards be sure to post and I'll see what I can make of it :)
These cards are designed to fit into the current format (hopefully without breaking it) so I'm keeping that in mind with these cards.

Enjoy!

Another update touching on cards that have deck flipping potential! This time I've done the Alakazam line, mainly because Kadabra doesn't get much attention these days.

Basic Abra 50HP [P]

063.gif

NO.063 Psi Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 43.0 lbs.

[P] Teleport
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle this card and all cards attached to it back into your deck. Flip the deck afterwards.

Weakness [P]x2 Resistance
Retreat [C]
It senses impending attacks and teleports away to safety before the actual attacks can strike.

Stage 1 Kadabra 90HP [P]
Evolves from Abra

064.gif

NO.064 Psi Pokémon HT: 4'03" WT: 124.6 lbs.

Ability - Magic Act
When you play this card from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, search your deck for an Item card and put it into your hand. Shuffle and flip your deck afterwards.

[P][P][C] Super Psy 50
Choose one of these effects:
- Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Energy card, you may attach it to one of your Benched Pokémon. If it is not an Energy card, discard that card and 1 Energy attached to this Pokémon.
- Choose one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. Place two damage counters on that Pokémon.

Retreat [C]
When it uses its psychic power, it emits strong alpha waves that can ruin precision devices.

Stage 2 Alakazam 140HP [P]
Evolves from Kadabra

065.gif

NO.065 Psi Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 105.8 lbs.

[P] Recover
Put 2 cards from your discard pile into your hand.

[P][P][C] Psi-blast 30+
If your deck is face-up, this attack does 30 more damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokémon. Flip your deck face-down.

Retreat [C]
It's brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result it remembers everything.

Trainer - Supporter
Inverse Master

Until the end of your opponent's next turn, switch every Pokémon in play's Weakness and Resistance. Any Pokémon that now have no Weakness have [C]x2 instead.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Alakazam is here as a solid attacker in this style of deck. If your deck is face up he will hit like a truck. The damage output is huge, so the energy cost, and the specific requirements for the attack have hopefully balanced it, also it's a stage 2 so I feel like it should be worthy of EX power attacks.
All of the pre -evos give more effects that involve flipping the deck around, which I think are really fun.

The supporter I've made doesn't involve flipping decks, but instead switches weakness and resistance, much like the Inverse guy in XY. So as not to make it a card that gives Pokémon no weakness, I've instead made those Pokémon weak to [C]

Enjoy!!

So I've decided to make EX cards for all of the Eeveelutions, starting with Espeon, umbreon and Vaporeon. I've tried to make them a little different in that with the below stadium, they can evolve from basic Eevee in play and gain additional effects. All these EXs are also designed to work together in some way also.
Trainer - Stadium
Evolution EX

Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a Flareon EX, Jolteon EX, Vaporeon EX, Espeon EX, Umbreon EX, Leafeon EX, Glaceon EX, or Sylveon EX and put it onto one of their Eevee's in play (this counts as evolving that Pokémon).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

Basic Espeon EX 170HP

196.gif

Ability: Morning Sun
In between turns, heal 10 damage from any of your Pokémon that have evolved from Eevee.

[P][C][C] Stored Power 10+
Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to all of your Pokémon in play.

Retreat [C]
Pokémon-EX rule

Basic Umbreon EX 180HP [D]

197.gif

Ability: Curse
For each Energy attached to this Pokémon, reduce any damage from an opponent's Pokémon's attack by 10

[C] Baton Pass
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. Then, you may move up to 3 Energy attached to this Pokémon to the new Active Pokémon.

[D] Glinting Fang 30
Search your deck for a basic Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness [F]x2 Resistance [P]-20
Retreat [C][C]
Pokémon-EX rule

Basic Vaporeon EX 180HP [W]

134.gif

Ability: Acid Armour
When this Pokémon is in your hand you may treat it as a Pokémon Tool. Attach this Pokémon to one of your Pokémon in play that has evolved from Eevee and doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached. Reduce the damage done to the Pokémon this Pokémon is attached to by 20 for each Evolved Pokémon you have in play.

[W][W] Scald 70
The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness [G]x2 Resistance
Retreat [C][C]
Pokémon-EX rule

As always, any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Enjoy!

I've now made three more Eeveelution EXs, just missing Leafeon and Glaceon!

Basic Sylveon EX 180HP [Y]

700.gif

Ability: Swift Ribbons
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move an Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon that have evolved from Eevee to another of your Pokémon that have evolved from Eevee.

[Y][C] Dazzling Gleam 70
Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness [M]x2 Resistance [N]-20
Retreat [C][C]
Pokémon-EX rule

Basic Jolteon EX 170HP [L]

135.gif

[L] Spark Jolt 20
If this Pokémon has evolved from Eevee, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (do not apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

[L][L][C] Energy Overflow 150
Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokémon. During your opponent's next turn all damage done to this Pokémon by your opponent's attacks is increased by 50.

Weakness [F]x2 Resistance
Retreat
Pokémon-EX rule

Basic Flareon EX 170HP [R]

136.gif

[C] Scorch 20+
If this Pokémon has evolved from Eevee you may search your deck for up to 3 Pokémon and put them in your discard pile. For each Pokémon discarded in this way this attack does 10 more damage.

[R][R][C] Inferno 100+
You may search your deck for as many basic Energy as you like and discard them. This attack does 10 more damage times the number of Energy discarded in this way.

Weakness [W]x2 Resistance
Retreat [C]
Pokémon-EX rule

Like the other three, these are all able to work with the Stadium and have different effects for evolving of an Eevee. As none of my previous Eevee EXs were particularly hard hitting I've made Jolteon and Flareon to provide some of that power.
Also of note, flareons first attack is also made so that it can work hand in hand with Plasma freeze Flareon :)

Hope you all enjoy!

Jolteon-EX... my dream is complete...

The cards look pretty great! Here are a few tips, though.

1. Use color to correspond with the energy. This is because not all energy cards use the letter that the type starts with(ala Fairy, Fire,). It's also a lot easier on the eyes and easier to distinguish.

2. Stay true to original wording. I only noticed a few issues here and there, and they were very very VERY minor, but a few attacks just don't feel right, like Kadabra's Super Psy.

Otherwise, loving it!

Hey! Thanks for the feedback :)

The colours thing is laziness on my part ;) haha but will update with colour when I'm at my computer. Since I'm typing these all out on my iPad I just want make them haha!

Specifically what was wrong with Kadabra? I try to make sure I'm double and triple checking any wording before I post it and I personally thought it was ok, but when it comes to editing and checking my own work I'm hopeless so please let me know what needs fixing. :)

Leafeon EX for your thoughts?
Basic Leafeon EX 170HP [G]

470.gif

[G] Grasswhistle
Heal 20 damage from each of your Pokémon that has evolved from Eevee. The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[G][G] Leaf Tornado 100
Discard any Stadium card in play. If there is no Stadium card in play you cannot use this attack.

Weakness [R]x2 Resistance [W]-20
Retreat [C]
Pokémon-EX rule

Here it is! The final Eevee evolution EX, I was very tempted to not make it and pretend like I'm the Pokémon company, famous for not completing sets of EXs (Regis, and legendary beasts!)

Basic Glaceon EX 170HP [W]

471.gif

[C] Family Call
Search your deck for up to 2 Pokémon that evolve from Eevee and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W][W][C] Ice Beam 90
If one of your Pokémon in play evolved from Eevee during your turn the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness [M] Resistance
Retreat [C]
Pokémon-EX rule

As always any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!
If anyone has any suggestions for cards to make then feel free to post, otherwise I'll continue making stuff that appeals to me and is hopefully unique in some way :)

Enjoy!

I did NOT just saw this Thread... Dx

Amazing work so far, SquirtleSquad, really looking forward to the rest of your cards. ;)

Haha Luis, be sure to keep checking back then ;)

Here's a new mechanic I've been thinking about for a while... I'm calling it Reverse.. It's where the Stage 2 Pokémon evolves into the Stage 1, and then stage 1 to basic...
If this doesn't make sense I've posted an example below to show how this mechanic will work

Stage 2 Blastoise 120HP [W]
Reverse

009.gif

NO.009 Shellfish Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 188.5 lbs.

[W] Water Gun 20

[W][C] Skull Bash 30
During your opponent's next turn reduce all damage done to this Pokémon by your opponent's attacks by 10

Retreat [C][C][C]
It crushes its foe under its heavy body to cause fainting. In a pinch, it will withdraw inside its shell.

Stage 1 Wartortle 100HP [W]
Devolves from Blastoise
Reverse

008.gif

NO.008 Turtle Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 49.6 lbs.

Ability Sea Family
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may search your deck for a [W] Pokémon and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[W][W][C] Shell Shock 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of [W] Pokémon you have in play.

Retreat [C][C]
It is said to live 10,000 years. Its furry tail is popular as a symbol of longevity.

Basic Squirtle 80HP [W]
Devolves from Wartortle
Reverse

007.gif

NO.007 Tiny Turtle Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 19.8 lbs.

[W] Rapid Spin 50
Discard any Stadium card in play.

[W][W][C] Hydro Pump 140
Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Retreat [C]
Shoots water at prey while in the water. Withdraws into its shell when in danger.

So as you can see the HP goes down as the Pokémon devolves from Blastoise to Squirtle, but to compensate for this, the attacks are stronger then the usual stage 2s in our current format...

One of the main reasons I think this is cool personally is because it means I'll be able to play down a Squirtle, usually used solely for evolving, but then beat them down with a huge Hydro Pump! :)

Let me know what you all think of this and if you have ideas for future Reverse Pokémon.
Feedback = Great!

Enjoy !!

Here is another Reverse Devolution Line. This time it's Beedrill! Pretty standard poison Pokémon line, except with poison doing more than seen before :)
Stage 2 Beedrill 110HP [G]
Reverse

015.gif

NO.015 Poison Bee Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 65.0 lbs.

[G] Poison Sting
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned

[G][C] Twineedle 10x
Flip 4 coins. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness [R]x2 Resistance
Retreat
It has three poisonous stingers on its forelegs and tail. They are used to jab its enemy repeatedly.

Stage 1 Kakuna 90HP [G]
Devolves from Beedrill
Reverse

014.gif

NO.014 Cocoon Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 22.0 lbs.

Ability Harden
During your opponent's turn if this Pokémon would be damaged by an opponent's attack you may flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of that attack (including damage) done to this Pokémon.

[G] 3-Pin 30
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. Place 3 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

Retreat [C][C]
While awaiting evolution, it hides from predators under leaves and in nooks of branches.

Basic Weedle 60HP [G]
Devolves from Kakuna
Reverse

013.gif

NO.013 Hairy Bug Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 7.1 lbs.

Ability Swarm
Once during your turn (before you attack) if this Pokémon has 10HP remaining, you may search your deck for up to 4 cards and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[G]5-Pin 30
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. Place 5 damage counters on that Pokémon instead of 1 between turns.

Retreat [C]
Its poison stinger is very powerful. Its bright-colored body is intended to warn off its enemies.

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Enjoy!

Can you explain why the Eeveelution attacks say "if this pokemon has evolved from eevee". They are EXs, and thus Basic, they don't evolve. Or is that a new rule that you can put a basic EX on its normal pre-evolution?

Haha it's just a new mechanic that I've made up and I was having fun making cards with that effect. If you go up a bit further you can see the stadium I've made that works with the Eevee to "evolve" them. The idea being the Eeveelution EXs are now treated as stage 1s and they gain the additional effects that their attacks have.

Hope this makes sense! :)

Yet another reverse series Pokémon. This time it's Gyarados and Magikarp!! Due to Magikarps overall badness in everything and super low HP I've given it particularly strong attacks to abuse that it probably will not get to use due to its such low health... Haha anyway here it is!

Stage 1 Gyarados 110HP [W]
Reverse

130.gif

NO.130 Atrocious Pokémon HT: 21'04" WT: 518.1 lbs.

[C] Longing Strike 10+
If you have a [N] Pokémon on your bench this attack does 10 more damage.

[W][W] Raging Thrash 30x
Flip 4 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads. This Pokémon is now Confused and cannot Retreat during your next turn.

Weakness [L]x2 Resistance [F]-20
Retreat [C][C]
Rarely seen in the wild. Huge and vicious, it is capable of destroying entire cities in a rage.

Basic Magikarp 40HP [W]
Devolves from Gyarados
Reverse

129.gif

NO.129 Fish Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 22.0 lbs.

[C] Lingering Power 30+
If this Pokémon devolved during your turn this attack does 90 more damage.

[W][W] Splash
This attack does 40 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon in play (do not apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

Weakness [L]x2 Resistance
Retreat [C]
In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today.

As always please feel free to let me know what you think or if you have any ideas for me to create!
Enjoy!

Back