Spring 'V Forces Tins' Revealed!

It’s weird that they’re repackaging these Vs from main sets into tins, I suppose it makes it easier to get them, doesn’t the slowbro poison?

Maybe it's to deter scalpers when they buy everything and leave nothing for the kids. :p

It’s weird that they’re repackaging these Vs from main sets into tins, I suppose it makes it easier to get them, doesn’t the slowbro poison?

Yeah, slowbro poisons if in active. Lucario is also a nice inclusion for fighting decks.

I honestly wish they would list the expansions you get on the back of the tin. I bought the Grookey and Sobble tins earlier this year because I thought they would come with 5 SwSh each, but they came with 2 SwSh packs each

thanks tpci

Could it be good with Toxtricity Vmax then or is there a better card?
I have a Toxtricity VMAX/Slowbro V and Dark City deck which is pretty good for a gimmicky deck. The promo Toxtricity V is better as the V though.

Wow, even the tin designs themselves are pretty lackluster. For the 25th anniversary, you'd expect TPCi to do...just, better.

That isn't weird at all. I would say Pokemon company should step up their game and make all set released themed based like they do with Hidden Fates, Champion's path, etc.

Check how often a new set come, I personally can't keep up with set releases because first and foremost how expensive these products are ( And this is supposed to be a friendly brand for kids, kids can't afford to spend that much and for parents, I can only imagine what a nightmare). Also how large are these sets and buying a booster box is less appealing for me (mainly because I get 7-8 hit cards and the rest are the bulk which is easy to finish for collection) than buying tins/collection boxes, ETB ( that have special promo). That is why I buy every product once and even then it is nearly impossible to keep up, Like I buy every collection box, ETB, Tins then here and there sealed booster box but I must admit I mainly miss out on booster boxes because can't afford to spend like 500$ on every set they release.

I would recommend the Pokemon company to think about how they make a little bit easier to finish the sets for collectors, I'll give an example. Let's say Vivid voltage, that set alone has 203 different cards. They could have followed the principle they do with Hidden Fates and other special sets. Let's say introduce 2-3 Tins and take out from setlist lets say A full art card and put in each tin that alone would make you set checklist -2 to 3 cards then booster packs only would be of 5-6 vivid voltage. Then ETB again takes out one of full art or secret rare and makes it for ETB and packs the same from vivid voltage. Then release like 2-3 regular V boxes again take from setting out 2-3 regular V and then release 2-3x Super-premium collection box and take out one V and Vmax card and packs are all the same from the set not mixed with other sets.

By doing that would increase the chance to finish the set but, of course, it isn't near perfect and financially that would be a lot but at least it would be better than it is now, which basically is scalpers paradise.

I would recommend the Pokemon company to think about how they make a little bit easier to finish the sets for collectors, I'll give an example. Let's say Vivid voltage, that set alone has 203 different cards. They could have followed the principle they do with Hidden Fates and other special sets. Let's say introduce 2-3 Tins and take out from setlist lets say A full art card and put in each tin that alone would make you set checklist -2 to 3 cards then booster packs only would be of 5-6 vivid voltage. Then ETB again takes out one of full art or secret rare and makes it for ETB and packs the same from vivid voltage. Then release like 2-3 regular V boxes again take from setting out 2-3 regular V and then release 2-3x Super-premium collection box and take out one V and Vmax card and packs are all the same from the set not mixed with other sets.
I think another big thing to bring up is how abysmal pack rates are nowadays. I really don't think with the rates packs have nowadays it'd be feasible to complete a set even if they did more themed products for sets. How long's it been since you could open up a booster box or two, get most of the set and then just buy the last few things you need as singles? HGSS-era? I'd argue later XY was okay too, but it took a bit more effort to complete the sets, and it definitely wasn't at the level of HGSS.

While I think the Sword and Shield era of the TCG is miles better than the last one, we're still using this antiquated pack rate system that doesn't reflect the sizes and scale of our modern-era sets. Japanese boxes, for nearly half the price, net you merely one or two less as many Ultra Rares as a booster box here. I really think it'd be smart if they upped the pack rate to at least how Shining Legends was. It'd make opening packs feel a bit more worth it to the buyer. If they're intent on giving us so many cards per set, reflect it within the pull ratios. It'll never be as feasible as buying singles, but it'll at least make completing sets a bit easier, and make opening packs more fun.

I think another big thing to bring up is how abysmal pack rates are nowadays. I really don't think with the rates packs have nowadays it'd be feasible to complete a set even if they did more themed products for sets. How long's it been since you could open up a booster box or two, get most of the set and then just buy the last few things you need as singles? HGSS-era? I'd argue later XY was okay too, but it took a bit more effort to complete the sets, and it definitely wasn't at the level of HGSS.

While I think the Sword and Shield era of the TCG is miles better than the last one, we're still using this antiquated pack rate system that doesn't reflect the sizes and scale of our modern-era sets. Japanese boxes, for nearly half the price, net you merely one or two less as many Ultra Rares as a booster box here. I really think it'd be smart if they upped the pack rate to at least how Shining Legends was. It'd make opening packs feel a bit more worth it to the buyer. If they're intent on giving us so many cards per set, reflect it within the pull ratios. It'll never be as feasible as buying singles, but it'll at least make completing sets a bit easier, and make opening packs more fun.

Clearly, your idea of increasing the rates has to be combined with my idea. The reason why I went with themed set product releases is that it also does get annoying when you finish the set and then that set packs are being forced feed for future set releases, like Evolutions, Steam Siege. I don't mind at the moment since I never finish the set but then again I do get why other people who did manage Steam Siege get sort of speak mad when in Sun & Moon or Sword & Shield same packs sneaked into xD.

Foreshadowing gen 9 starters (dark, fighting, psychic)?
*x-files* theme plays

Clearly, your idea of increasing the rates has to be combined with my idea. The reason why I went with themed set product releases is that it also does get annoying when you finish the set and then that set packs are being forced feed for future set releases, like Evolutions, Steam Siege. I don't mind at the moment since I never finish the set but then again I do get why other people who did manage Steam Siege get sort of speak mad when in Sun & Moon or Sword & Shield same packs sneaked into xD.
I think a good mix would be fine. Some themed boxes, much like how ETB's are, and then a few boxes with some good variety too. Sometimes I don't mind a bit of variety-just as long as the sets are actually something I enjoy opening. I don't care for Steam Siege since I have most of it, I don't care for most of the early to mid Sun and Moon sets since, well, I don't love a lot of that era, but when I get a good mix of say, Darkness Ablaze, Sword and Shield and Rebel Clash, that's not bad sometimes. I get why they do older packs in stuff, likely to get rid of warehouse stock, but, I dunno, I feel like there could be other ways to offload those sets. Those recent Evolutions Boxes for instance. But definitely a bit more focus would be nice to see.

I agree completely, while the pack rates got better (I keep spreadsheets of booster box pull rates), they are still not good enough due to the lack of value placed on non-Ultra cards. At this point, I think a pack structure itself rather than pull rates need to be adjusted. Since regular rates and 95% of non-Ultra holos are worthless in terms of monetary value as well as playability, they should not be the climax of the pack.

what I'm trying to say is that the 5-3-1-1 split doesn't make sense with the amount of Ultras in our sets nowadays. Instead, I think it would be better if they stopped counting Holos as a white code overall, since so few are actually usable or sellable. Instead, each pack could come with 4 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare, 1 reverse and 1 guaranteed Holo or better (I guess similar to Shining Legends, etc, but keeping regular rares), changing the 5-3-1-1 split to 4-3-1-1-1. That way you still get shiny packs, rares keep a place in the pack, but instead of getting 6 holos in a booster box, and 8 Ultra+, you'd get 14 Ultra+. That way the game is more accessible, better for collectors and consumers, and overall more exciting. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a hopeful nerd that likes spreadsheets.

Back