[Spoilers] Pokémon XY Collection Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Hey PB,

Normally I am not one to post leaks (or even take them seriously), but there appear to be some pretty convincing shots of two more Pokémon-EX in the set to be released this December in Japan. Without further adieu, here they are:
http://Google.net/images/posts/m_113.jpg
Until WPM has this on the front page, feel free to discuss here!

Have fun,
SoulWind

RE: [Spoilers] Pokémon XY Collection Leaks?

I Know so many people that would love to se that Emolga EX in play. As for the cards themselves I feel like they are not potential EX pokemon. They just arent used very often in both the tcg or the vcg. I love the art work though and wouldn't mind adding these to my collection. Im really wondering what skarmory's attacks are.

Interesting to basic Pokemon like those as EX

im hoping for Pikachu EX for XY2 :)

These are from Pokemon Get TV, the new version of Pokemon Sunday etc., so are 100% legit. We've had a heap more cards revealed too but I know WPM has been very busy (and my health has been terrible otherwise I'd of posted for him + on CV) thus they haven't gone up yet.

We'll likely see full leaks in the next day or two given that the set is out this Saturday.

viper.fox said:
These are from Pokemon Get TV, the new version of Pokemon Sunday etc., so are 100% legit. We've had a heap more cards revealed too but I know WPM has been very busy (and my health has been terrible otherwise I'd of posted for him + on CV) thus they haven't gone up yet.

We'll likely see full leaks in the next day or two given that the set is out this Saturday.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

It is good to have these confirmed as I quite like the Skarmory-EX. Get well soon. :)

Oh my god they're beautiful. ;_; Is anyone else hoping that Emolga EX is the Lightning-type equivalent of Victini EX? I see a one-colorless attack as well as a one Lightning, two colorless attack, and I'd love to see Emolga as an energy accelerator. Perhaps just wishful thinking. :p

Ohman, that Skarmory = want <3 <3 Such a cool Pokémon and a neat card, too! Glad to see they're increasing the EX pool with other pokémon as well. I kind of wonder what the criteria is.

Both of them are bad. It's obvious that Emolga will be used to counter Yveltal and Skarmory to counter Xerneas, but i think Thundurus EP and Cobalion NV are a better option for this (with a Laser/Silver Bangle/Muscle Band can OHKO them). Maybe Skarmory will see some play because of Klinklang (Cobalion EX can't OHKO Xerneas).

Loving Skarmory EX

I dislike the Emolga, the artwork is pretty bad in my opinion. Sadly, Emolga's in Y and Skarmory is in X, I thought Y had the good EXs ;_;

I've always thought Emolga was stupid. Scarmory is the bees knees though. I hope to see some more unused Pokemon as EX's.

KINGLER EX ANYONE???

Oh man.. I quit TCG just for Pokémon to make 2 EX versions of 2 of my favorite Pokémon. GAH so hard to resist!

EDIT: Does anyone have a translation on either of them? Or even a rough translation, I mainly want to know what Emolga EX does.

PokeChimpo said:
Oh man.. I quit TCG just for Pokémon to make 2 EX versions of 2 of my favorite Pokémon. GAH so hard to resist!

EDIT: Does anyone have a translation on either of them? Or even a rough translation, I mainly want to know what Emolga EX does.

Here's the translations to the ex's: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Get%E2%98%86TV_promotes_new_Pok%C3%A9mon-EX:_Skarmory-EX%2C_Emolga-EX

Interesting that they changed the rarity of the EX cards from R to RR. Reminds me of Cardfight Vanguard. Didn´t notice that before.

I kinda like that they´re moving away from the "legendary EX only" rule.

Skarmory-EX is almost like a bad Cobalion-EX. Artwork is amazing, but playability-wise, I'm just not seeing it.

Emolga-EX though, I'm sure there must be room for that with an Energy-Switch based deck somewhere...?

Athena said:
Ohman, that Skarmory = want <3 <3 Such a cool Pokémon and a neat card, too! Glad to see they're increasing the EX pool with other pokémon as well. I kind of wonder what the criteria is.

While they're increasing the EX pool with other Pokémon, they're still doing them as Basic EX's instead of as Stage 1/Stage 2 Evolution EX's which is what Mega Venusaur EX and Mega Blastoise EX should've been in X/Y Base Set even though bar from Mega Venusaur EX with Virizion EX they won't see as much competitive play.

Skarmory EX's 1st attack sort of makes up for not running Tool Scrapper while it's 2nd attack has potential against Fairy Types that have Metal weakness. Emolga EX seems like it will see alot of play in Darkrai variants especially with Yveltal EX being released in X/Y Base Set considering that it's the only competitive deck in the format that runs Energy Switch anyway.

I like the Skarmory EX, but I'm not really a fan of the Emolga EX. I guess I still can't accept the fact that these really small and weak looking Pokémon can be EX cards. But I'm sure it'll grow on me :3

Riraito said:
I like the Skarmory EX, but I'm not really a fan of the Emolga EX. I guess I still can't accept the fact that these really small and weak looking Pokémon can be EX cards. But I'm sure it'll grow on me :3

It might be that they are slowly responding to the recent "power creep."

They look great from a collector's standpoint. I'm enjoying the new foils as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back