[Spoiler Alert] Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai, Review Thread

masterryanx

N
Since the Japanese DVD of Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai has been out for several days now, and many people with the ability to watch the movie have now done so, I thought I'd start a review thread here on PB for it. So what are your thoughts, did you like it for starters?

Personally, I thought it was amazing. Plot, art, and soundtrack wise. The CG didn't even look out of place this time around! I really don't know if it's my favorite movie yet or not though. Considering, I only saw it last night so it really hasn't had enough time to seep in. I can say it'll definately be up there with Mewtwo, Entei, and Lucario though.

NeoSpyder

<KuMo>
Well I saw it today after getting it last night~ In my opinion its the best movie in looong time. The last couple of movies have been bleh to me, the other one i kinda liked was the Lucario but it dosen't compare to this one.
I like the no stupid lesson of friendship as the main thing even though it was still somewhat in there. It had a lot of action (compare to the last, what, 5+ movies?) theres even action on the intro with the showing of all legendaries fighting randomly.

Im for sure getting it when it hits dvd over here (in feb i believe? mayb march latest?) i haven bough a poke flick in a while bein 4ever the last one i actually spend on lol Best part of it was the no real bad guy~ just bad circumstances lol

masterryanx

N
NeoSpyder said:
Well I saw it today after getting it last night~ In my opinion its the best movie in looong time. The last couple of movies have been bleh to me, the other one i kinda liked was the Lucario but it dosen't compare to this one.
I like the no stupid lesson of friendship as the main thing even though it was still somewhat in there. It had a lot of action (compare to the last, what, 5+ movies?) theres even action on the intro with the showing of all legendaries fighting randomly.

Im for sure getting it when it hits dvd over here (in feb i believe? mayb march latest?) i haven bough a poke flick in a while bein 4ever the last one i actually spend on lol Best part of it was the no real bad guy~ just bad circumstances lol

Yeah, it definately felt like the last real movie was Lucario, Pokemon Ranger was too much of a Jirachi rehash IMO. And yes, I loved the intro as well, that legendary brawl was quite awesome.

As far as I know there's no US release just yet, I'm guessing we'll have it around March as Darkrai should be officially revealed at the latest around early Febuary as that's when we should be getting DP 4 Great Encounters for the TCG. But I'll probably only pick up the English DVD if it has cool extras or a TCG card as I'm not really a fan of the PUSA dub.

Bonsly

Fighter Pilot
It was such a good movie. I say it was the best. And why do people hate the Deoxys movie so much? I liked that one. But this movie had alot of action and I cant wait for the next one!

Silver

The Crest of Reliability
I've only seen up to the Battle Tower one with Deyoxeys. And I say that by complete chance because I was in Florida at that time.

MquaZa

PB's D/P & G/S Player
I'm going to watch it now ... I have it downloaded in HD with Eng subtitles, going to ask the uploared for promition of Fan Subbing into my own leangue :D

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Silver said:
I've only seen up to the Battle Tower one with Deyoxeys. And I say that by complete chance because I was in Florida at that time.

Urm, is that even in the movie ? We are talking about the 10th movie, not the Battle Frontier series.

Meh, I'm not an PokéAnimé fan but I occasionally watch it, you have a fat chance of me watching it though. But from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty nice =]

MquaZa

PB's D/P & G/S Player
Sam von Noobenschtein said:
Silver said:

Urm, is that even in the movie ? We are talking about the 10th movie, not the Battle Frontier series.

Meh, I'm not an PokéAnimé fan but I occasionally watch it, you have a fat chance of me watching it though. But from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty nice =]

He's talking about "Destiny Deoxys"

Fridge

Indie 'Choo's just too cool.
Could anyone do a movie summary.... I can't speak japaneese. I can't count to 10 though...

ich, ni san, chi go, wrook, sij, hatch, que , due...

Or somehting like that -_-

Arigato!

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, I need to watch that one, I just thought that because Deoxys appears in the Frontier Series after Ash defeats the Battle Tower -.-

Soz Silver

MquaZa

PB's D/P & G/S Player
Fire Pokemon Master said:
Could anyone do a movie summary.... I can't speak japaneese. I can't count to 10 though...

Arigato!
Do you have torrents ... downloading maschine ... UTorrent/Azureus ?
I gave a link for a torrent with Jap Dub & Eng Sub - (Look this link - PM DP Movie 1 - Dialga vs Palkia vs Darkrai)

Sam von Noobenschtein said:
Oh, I need to watch that one, I just thought that because Deoxys appears in the Frontier Series after Ash defeats the Battle Tower -.-

Soz Silver

Oh, no ... it's after the 7th sezon ...

Pokemon Movie 7 - Destiny Deoxys

masterryanx

N
MquaZa said:
Oh, no ... it's after the 7th sezon ...

Pokemon Movie 7 - Destiny Deoxys

There was in fact a Deoxys special during the Battle Fronteir, but Destiny Deoxys did take place in Hoenn.

MANAPHY=)

Aspiring Trainer
tha 10th movie was the best movie ever since the first i sure hope it comes out in theaters in america that would be so cooolllll..

Bonsly

Fighter Pilot
Fire Pokemon Master said:

Arigato!

Okay first off, its: ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku, nana, hatchi, qu, ju.

But I agree with everyone that this was the best movie yet.