SplitChu (Stormfront Raichu)

tehwallaby

Aspiring Trainer
Been running this strat in games with my mates, it's not entirely Modified-legal, which is why I brought it here, looking for a way to make it work as a Tournament deck.

The core concept is to use Stormfront Raichu as the main attacker, but to have two, fully energy-supplied in play at any one time. Because of the free retreat cost, you can use Split Ball (50 damage, move an energy to a benched Pokemon) (hence the name SplitChu) to pass the energy back and forth between the two Raichu and rotate them every turn, keeping a constant stream of damage for only a little energy. On top of that, Riachu has Burst Ball for larger attacks (100 damage), but the three energy jettisoned is quite expensive. To compensate, I run Power Tree (from Legend Maker) to retrieve the discarded energies.

RaichuStormfront8.jpg

That's the core of the deck. To get it set up, I use Smeargle (from Secret Wonders) to get a tonne of energies in hand, as well as running the usual suspects to maximise drawing power (to get two Raichu ready). In a pinch, Smeargle can use its Trace to get some damage in, if I'm having trouble getting set up. Once I've got two Raichu out, I can alternate with Slice to do 30 damage a turn, for no energy cost. Obviously I take a large amount of energy to fuel the Raichu.

SmeargleSecretWonders66.jpg

At the moment the main problem is the reliance on Smeargle (no longer Modified-legal), and that almost every trainer card I use is illegal. I also need a better way to retrieve the discarded energies from Burst Ball. I haven't supplied a deck list at this point, because I haven't settled on one, this is essentially a half-deck which I have attached to a bunch of other decks.

Help with refining this idea would be much appreciated.

Back