• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Spitters Are Quitters (Masters, BR) (Tangrowth)

kirk.taylor

Aspiring Trainer
Tell me what you think of this deck. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Pokemon (18):
4-4 Tangrowth (1 SF, 2 AR, 1 Lv. X)
2-2 Shaymin Lv. X(1 of each)
2-2 Sunflora
1-1-0 Metapod

S/S/T(30):
Supporters:
2 Interviewer's
2 Palmer's Contribution
2 Engineer's Adjustment
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Team Rocket's Trickery
Trainers:
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Warp Point
2 Premier Ball
2 Rare Candy
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Expert Belt
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Rescue
1 Pokemon Circulator
1 Luxury Ball

Energy(12):
8 Grass
4 DCE

Game Plan: Get all pokemon out of deck with sunflora's and set up tangrowth and shaymin Lv.X using switches/warps (thankfullness first). Swallow Up as long as possible. retreat for heal and let a weaker pokemon die, come back with shaymin (Revenge Seed). Hope that Tangrowth is ready to go again after shaymin, if not repeat with shaymin combo.

RE: Spitters Are Quitters (Masters, BR)

Why Tangrowth? Especilly the Level X. No damage can be done with it.
- 4-4 Tangrowth Level X
- 2 Adjustments
-2 PokeDrawer
+ 4-4-4 HG/SS Jumpluff
-1 Skymin
-1 Skymin Level X
+1 Landmin
+1 landmin level X

Landmin Lv X is GREAT for making your jumpluff stronger, as the 90 default HP is weak (With Landmin X & Expert Belt, Jumpluff has a stunning 140 HP! :D). I don't see use in Skymin at all, so turn them into landmin! i also don't see use in adjustments or Drawer. take those & 4-4 Tangrowth out to fit a 4-4-4 Jumpluff line. The basic statagy of the Jumpluff deck is simple. Fill up your bench as much as you can (5 Pokémon). You can do that by using pichu's playground. Scan: http://pokebeach.com/scans/heartgold-and-soulsilver/28-pichu.jpg I have lots of them & they are very useful & very inexpensive. Also on www.pokemon.com they have a old article if you want to read it, it talks about the jumpluff deck.
here's a scan of Jumpluff if you don't see what I'm talking about. http://pokebeach.com/scans/heartgold-and-soulsilver/6-jumpluff.jpg

@ JaySamuel

You do realise That Tangrowth lvX isn't meant to do damage. It's meant to give Tangrowth a HP boost as well as healing via its power so that Tangrowth AR can keep up the consistent 120 Swallow damage.

As for the deck itself it isn't bad though your t/s/s line needs some work.

-1-1 Metapod (The only {R} you're likely to see in Blaziken FB lvX and if that's the case they'll just Luring Flame up Metapod and knock it out)
-2 Rare Candy
-2 Engineer's Adjustment
-4 Poke Drawer+ (Without a consistent way to keep drawing cards you'll have a hard time using 2 at once)
-1 TRT (it's a pretty "meh" drawing card)
-2 Interviewer's Question
-1 Pokemon Circulator
-2 Pokemon Rescue
-1 Warp Point
-2 Switch
(-19)

+2 Pokemon Collector
+3 Bebe's Search
+2 Professor Oak's New Theory
+2 Pokemon Communication
+3 Moo Moo Milk OR Life Herb (You're going to need some other way to heal Tangrowth besides the lvX's power)
+3 Broken Time-Space
+1 Unown Q (essentially a searchable Switch with will allow you to freely retreat Shaymin lvX
+1 Chatot MD
+1 Uxie LA (great when you need to refill your hand)
+1 Azelf LA (incase Tangrowth lvX is prized)

I like your suggestions. What if instead of the Metapod line I threw in two heracross' that have green draw? It will give me more draw power and than i dont have to modify the deck as much (since i dont have most of the cards that you want me to put in). On a good draw i can have either all, or most of the pokemon i need after T-4. Give me more feedback on that.

Keep the tangrowth but use the power whip one. He's great late game. Big growth put all your grass energies on him from the discard pile then power whip any pokemon you want.
Also run 1 butterfree he's great for switching your opponents active and he has free retreat.

I agree with everyone else. Jumpluff is a awesome card but if you want to use tangrowth x then use it. i would only advise you to find some way to put in vileplume. the reason why is that tangrowth is really slow and with vileplume it can slow down your opponents as well. Good luck

Back